Obviously, blade v8 pro is more like budget mid range phone compared to Mercury but I just wanted to compare with Mercury because they have very similar hardware specifications. Both phone equipped with snapdragon 625. My friend recently got this phone and battery life is fantastic. He got over 8 hours SOT with heavy usage with game and YouTube. Also, dual camera was actually pretty good for $230 phone. I wanted to pick one myself before Mercury release but I guess i can wait few more weeks. ZTE blade v8 pro is probably better value because they're only $230 but doesn't have dtek security with blackberry suites and PKB! Can we expect more premium built quality from TCL? I am expecting Mercury price between $499 - $599. I hope Mercury have amoled screen, faster flash memory, RGB led, better speaker, paratek antenna. What do you guys think?
    02-16-17 12:27 PM
    Keyboard
    pizzawheel likes this.
    02-16-17 02:03 PM
    Obviously, blade v8 pro is more like budget mid range phone compared to Mercury but I just wanted to compare with Mercury because they have very similar hardware specifications. Both phone equipped with snapdragon 625. My friend recently got this phone and battery life is fantastic. He got over 8 hours SOT with heavy usage with game and YouTube. Also, dual camera was actually pretty good for $230 phone. I wanted to pick one myself before Mercury release but I guess i can wait few more weeks. ZTE blade v8 pro is probably better value because they're only $230 but doesn't have dtek security with blackberry suites and PKB! Can we expect more premium built quality from TCL? I am expecting Mercury price between $499 - $599. I hope Mercury have amoled screen, faster flash memory, RGB led, better speaker, paratek antenna. What do you guys think?
    "Better value" is entirely subjective...

If you simply mean that it is cheaper and you can still do stuff with it, then yes, I suppose it has better value. As far as your hopes for the Mercury, I really think that it is going to have all of those things plus more. Also, it's going to have an amazing keyboard! The Classic style keyboard with capacitive functionality as well? That's worth the price right there!!!
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-16-17 02:10 PM
    "Better value" is entirely subjective...

If you simply mean that it is cheaper and you can still do stuff with it, then yes, I suppose it has better value. As far as your hopes for the Mercury, I really think that it is going to have all of those things plus more. Also, it's going to have an amazing keyboard! The Classic style keyboard with capacitive functionality as well? That's worth the price right there!!!
    Yes ZTE blade v8 pro is budget phone so not fair comparison but performance should be very similar. Both Blackberry and ZTE are closed to stock android.
    02-16-17 02:44 PM
    Do we really need this kind a comparison threats here at CB? The Mercury is a PKB device. If you need a PKB, get the Mercury. If it is not important to you, make up your mind and decide for yourself which features / specs are important to you.
    pizzawheel likes this.
    02-16-17 03:39 PM
    I think the OP is focused on battery life, and it sounds like both should be great for it.

Keyboard.

I don't think it will be AMOLED. I'm looking for LCD.
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-16-17 03:41 PM
    Do we really need this kind a comparison threats here at CB? The Mercury is a PKB device. If you need a PKB, get the Mercury. If it is not important to you, make up your mind and decide for yourself which features / specs are important to you.
    I just wanted to point out the difference with other similar phone with same chipset. Mercury definitely has a premium price tag over other snapdragon 625 phones. If you compare DTEK60 to Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, DTEK60 is like $300 cheaper. Yes, S7 has premium material added like better screen and faster flash memory. If Mercury is $499, it will be $270 more expensive than ZTE blade v8 pro so I expect Mercury to be very high quality phone.
    02-16-17 04:28 PM
    Or you could say the pkb will cost you $270
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-16-17 04:32 PM
    But Mercury is still worth it. It cost twice more than ZTE blade v8 pro but if you want PKB, you gotta pay premium.
    02-16-17 06:49 PM
    But Mercury is still worth it. It cost twice more than ZTE blade v8 pro but if you want PKB, you gotta pay premium.
    I think so too!
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-17-17 12:51 AM
    And a fantastic camera set up if rumored correctly.
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-17-17 01:14 AM
    And lots of security.
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-17-17 01:35 AM