My policy is not to.install any app that I don't absolutely need and only give it the permissions that I absolutely want to grant. Finally. I monitor my apps to make sure they don't do anything they shouldn't. (Thank you DTEK!)

I quickly delete any app that doesn't give me 100% confidence.

How extreme is this? I don't know, but, for example, my browsers aren't allowed to know my location unless I allow that permission for a single session.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    A launcher app would need most permissions to operate effectively. It is the face of underlying OS. In your example, browser has targeted functionality and so as apps in general. Launcher is completely different thing.

However we do understand why users may be reluctant to authorize launchers from unheard company. Its a chicken and egg problem for us. We need to win trust of user who has no idea about ZINQS, and its a hard problem to solve. - Shakir
    FF22 likes this.
    01-21-18 03:09 AM
    I trust you guys. You are developers not fraudsters or spy agencies.

You only have to read the reviews for your other products to know this. Pretty sure if there was a problem we would know by now.

You certainly don't need to make a launcher and spend time on crackberry interacting with people on a daily basis if your goal is to get people's info. Far simpler ways of doing that.

These guys are a blessing to the crackberry community, look after them people . Who knows what else we can ask them to develop in future if we are willing to fund it .
    01-21-18 03:27 AM
    I am one of those who thinks my Z30 is the absolutely perfect phone (business owner) EXCEPT for the fact that it has finally gotten to the point where the lack of apps is causing pain. Have been dragging my feet on move to Android (Keyone or other) for over a year because I do not want to give up BB10 productivity. This new launcher is a dream come true assuming it survives and all the kinks get worked out, as now i can see a path to having my "blackberry" with access to all the Android apps.
    Hi Satch67, I was where you are 3 months ago. My Z30 was my lifeline to running my business but it was showing its age... mic was getting muffled, battery only lasted half a day before requiring a charge, browser failed to load specific pages. Apps weren't really a real requirement for me.

I moved over to the Motion a few months ago. Device is a great replacement although the camera is average at best. Android takes a while to get use to and will never be as fluid and integrated as BB10. Having said that, this launcher is making my Motion feel more like my Z30 everyday.

Whether they can get it to integrate into the OS as well BB10 I can't comment on as I don't know the technical limitations. However, they have been nothing but receptive to everyone's requests and advice. Day by day the launcher get better and better, give it a try, you won't be disappointed and they still haven't reached anywhere near the potential of the launcher.

Good luck with your transition. Oh. And whatever you hear about the hub, BB have done a good job, it's not the same but certainly workable. Cheers.
    FF22 and Mecca EL like this.
    01-21-18 04:53 AM
    A launcher app would need most permissions to operate effectively. It is the face of underlying OS. In your example, browser has targeted functionality and so as apps in general. Launcher is completely different thing.

However we do understand why users may be reluctant to authorize launchers from unheard company. Its a chicken and egg problem for us. We need to win trust of user who has no idea about ZINQS, and its a hard problem to solve. - Shakir
    I'm trying to find your launcher on the Google Play store. Is it still available?
    06-19-18 09:29 PM
    I'm trying to find your launcher on the Google Play store. Is it still available?
    no it was pulled from play store
    06-19-18 09:36 PM
    This is very intriguing to me as a BB10 user, thanks to the developers. It will potentially help my later transition to android I so choose to go that route.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-18 09:44 PM
    no it was pulled from play store
    Thanks. Any idea why?
    06-19-18 09:51 PM
    Thanks. Any idea why?
    Read back.

Short answer: Despite strong effort from the developer, there was little interest from BB10 enthusiasts to pay up, so development was essentially discontinued. After that, BlackBerry had it removed from the Play Store.
    06-19-18 10:28 PM
    Read back.

Short answer: Despite strong effort from the developer, there was little interest from BB10 enthusiasts to pay up, so development was essentially discontinued. After that, BlackBerry had it removed from the Play Store.
    Hi Conite,

Zinq, I was planning on using this when I finally had to switch to android... any way one can still purchase the pro from you and have it sent via email as my PayPal is not up.. I would of course except any limitations and no future support... I would use it, a shame this happened... hopefully some can still use it and purchase? Regards, DPR
    08-02-18 02:55 PM
    Can't anyone who has Zinq's installed just export/upload the apk to be available to all?
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-02-18 03:04 PM
    I believe it can still be downloaded from an APK site
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-04-18 07:49 PM
    I believe it can still be downloaded from an APK site
    Yes, APKPure is safe enough, Iprefer APKMONK, this one is as I check it out however I do NOT Know whether it was the latest ever released as in the one with the most Bug Fixes is what we would want, does anyone know what the final release was?..... Here is version: 1.0.34 anyone have their version number to share whom was riding the launcher until the end? A way to still UNLOCK it within the app?.... HERE: https://apkpure.com/zinqs-launcher-f...nqs.blackberry
    11-12-18 09:28 PM
    Can't anyone who has Zinq's installed just export/upload the apk to be available to all?
    If you need it, I found it above, it's CLEAN....
    11-12-18 09:30 PM
    Yes, APKPure is safe enough, Iprefer APKMONK, this one is as I check it out however I do NOT Know whether it was the latest ever released as in the one with the most Bug Fixes is what we would want, does anyone know what the final release was?..... Here is version: 1.0.34 anyone have their version number to share whom was riding the launcher until the end? A way to still UNLOCK it within the app?.... HERE: https://apkpure.com/zinqs-launcher-f...nqs.blackberry
    Hey DPR, long time no see.........34 was the final version before BB gave the dev orders to cease and desist. I could never get this launcher to work properly on my P9. I think 26 was the best for my particular device.
    Platinum_2 likes this.
    11-12-18 10:54 PM
    Is this launcher available in the Play Store? I searched and only found the Windows 10 launcher.
    11-13-18 01:11 PM
    Is this launcher available in the Play Store? I searched and only found the Windows 10 launcher.
    NO - check 3 posts above your post for the location (apkpure).
    11-13-18 02:22 PM
    I am one of those who has been saying that large numbers of developers are needed.
    This is a launcher. I assume that it's basically sitting on top of Android, in a similar fashion to which a Unix shell sits on top of native Unix.

I have been talking about porting the ENTIRE BB10 to a new device, or ripping out the old ART (Android Run Time) and moving to a more recent version of Android.

Entirely different levels of effort.
    I would buy that... upgradeable ART
    11-13-18 02:38 PM
    NO - check 3 posts above your post for the location (apkpure).
    Honestly early in the year I tried it on my KEYone and it was very buggy, I prefer the stock launcher
    11-13-18 04:20 PM
    Honestly early in the year I tried it on my KEYone and it was very buggy, I prefer the stock launcher
    Agreed 100%-- I found an earlier version to be less buggy (16 I think) but even so, not good enough to be my every day launcher.
    Zack Brown1420 likes this.
    11-13-18 04:34 PM
    Where can I add the BB10 autoloader to my cart? LOL
    11-15-18 07:18 PM
    Agreed 100%-- I found an earlier version to be less buggy (16 I think) but even so, not good enough to be my every day launcher.
    Same here. I tried out the version from the link in this thread and it was too buggy to consider using, which is unfortunate because you could tell it was something great in the making.
    11-19-18 12:33 PM
    Unable to install: Passport. Any suggestions? All play store apps stopped work as well,shown black screen
    11-21-18 08:08 AM
    Unable to install: Passport. Any suggestions? All play store apps stopped work as well,shown black screen
    This thread is about the Zinqs Launcher for ANDROID devices to emulate BB10 devices (Passport etc). It will not install on a Passport.
    11-21-18 08:54 AM
    We are very grateful to have a community like you all. We will publish the updated APK (no purchase required) to this forum soon. And you can use it at your own risk. Coming soon , Stand by.
    JECE likes this.
    12-05-18 08:09 PM
    12-05-18 09:17 PM
101 ... 2345