I like a device which is different, to represent myself. By carrying a BB10, I tell people that I like the PKB, and the unique fluid OS.

Posted via CB10 by Q10/Passport/Priv
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    06-05-16 07:23 PM
    Meh.

Specs phone.

My own recent experience with Asus (motherboards, Prime 2 tab, original Nexus 7) hasn't been good.

Actually I did have an Asus monitor, and that was decent.

But still, they're the kind of brand where... you're buying into a bit of a lottery. Like Acer.

Posted via CB10
    Strange, ASUS has never let me down, the last motherboard I bought from them lasted like 3-4 years.
    06-05-16 07:46 PM
    If these 2 flop BlackBerry will exit hardware. Sadly, Priv seems like a sales flop even though it's a great phone. I still meet lots of people who like it but thought it was a BlackBerry OS phone. Not Android. Means people are not even looking at it.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    Nope it's not a great phone, maybe by BlackBerry android standards, but not by 2015 700buck standards.
    pankaler likes this.
    06-05-16 07:49 PM
    Strange, ASUS has never let me down, the last motherboard I bought from them lasted like 3-4 years.
    ASRock has been more reliable, more feature-filled (ECC memory support for Xeon cpus...even the Asus "WS" boards sometimes don't have ECC support), and with better customer service. Good luck RMA'ing an Asus board.

Asus boards look nice and have better accessories, probably thicker PCB's and more pins in the socket...but I won't ever buy another.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 08:02 PM
    Not many BlackBerry, keyboard or security obsessed type folks out there anymore.

Just enterprise / government.

Not true.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-05-16 08:44 PM
    Not true.

How so?

Passport to Rome
    06-05-16 08:52 PM
    Not even enterprise anymore. Everyone is BYOD.
    06-05-16 09:04 PM
    Forget SD-820, asus is planning a launch of more powerful and high end snapdragon processor 823 with 6GB RAM. Isn't that amazing considering that the prices would be tempting!!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 10:47 PM
    Did I just read 6 gb ram with sd 820 with finger print scanner and a 256 gb variant coming out? Goodness . That's the cream of the crop there all under 500 us . Still hate the design though, I love my priv and it's peforming excellent so I have no complaints.
    06-06-16 12:26 AM
    Not true.

Very true...
    06-06-16 05:38 AM
    We will probably see two low-end phones from BlackBerry, if these two devices flop.

Passport to Rome
    Doubt it. Handset sales are falling fast. Priv has not sold and shareholders are loosing patience. 3 failed attempts at Android and you are out.

06-06-16 07:51 AM
    Not true.

You have any data to back that up because sales numbers certainly don't.

I had my head in the sand on this when BB10 came out. No more. BlackBerry keyboards are a niche product at best.

06-06-16 07:54 AM
    Not even enterprise anymore. Everyone is BYOD.
    My company (a bank) still requires a company issued phone only. No BYOD. High security enterprise is pretty sticky. Still - less and less for sure.

06-06-16 07:56 AM
    Most very large ones are BYOD since your personal device gets encrypted anyway.
    06-06-16 09:15 AM
    Key oars is useless on the Priv. Never use it. Too bad, that's why I bought it originally

06-06-16 11:20 AM
    Key oars is useless on the Priv. Never use it. Too bad, that's why I bought it originally

That's the thing I'm worried about. The keyboard for me is so much more than just for typing. I feel that since Android isn't really geared toward the use of a physical keyboard that it basically becomes kind of pointless for anything other than accurate typing...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-06-16 11:34 AM
    You guys are so cute, haha. Cheers. :-)

jope28 likes this.
    06-06-16 01:44 PM

It was one of the reasons I bought Priv. Memories of my Torch. Never use it either.

06-06-16 02:58 PM
    That's the thing I'm worried about. The keyboard for me is so much more than just for typing. I feel that since Android isn't really geared toward the use of a physical keyboard that it basically becomes kind of pointless for anything other than accurate typing...

I agree. The keyboard is all about navigation for me. Just T, B, and S make a world of difference, not to mention the rest of them.
    slagman5 likes this.
    06-07-16 11:43 AM
    If BlackBerry is completely out for next year I hope any other company take his pkb system and implement it on a phone...that's all

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 11:58 PM
    Im seriously considering buying the zenfone 3 as im not impressed with the Nexus 5x i just got, and gave up on the BlackBerry z30.

06-08-16 04:48 AM
    If BlackBerry is completely out for next year I hope any other company take his pkb system and implement it on a phone...that's all

Posted via CB10
    I suspect BlackBerry will either offer their software for sale in Google Play store or license it to another manufacturer. I also think this will all happen in the next year or so.

Last edited by koool1; 06-08-16 at 08:32 AM.
    06-08-16 08:15 AM
    Im seriously considering buying the zenfone 3 as im not impressed with the Nexus 5x i just got, and gave up on the BlackBerry z30.

Happy with my Priv but Zenfone may be next for me.

06-08-16 08:33 AM
    I suspect BlackBerry will either offer their software for sale in Google Play store or license it to another manufacturer. I also think this will all happen in the next year or so.

Why do you think it will happen in the next year or so?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 09:10 AM
    Why do you think it will happen in the next year or so?

Posted via CB10
    Chen stated that he's pull out of hardware if it wasn't profitable in 2016. The price for the reported specs won't make the Rome or Hamburg attractive to the average consumer who with be seeing SD821's and 6gb of ram for the same price
    06-08-16 11:32 AM
102 12345