When I looked at the new Zenfone 3 I shake my head and wonder how BlackBerry can compete..

ASUS's ZenFone 3 looks and feels twice its price

Crazy value with great specs. Honestly, if my Priv died tomorrow I think I would get a Zenfone.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    06-02-16 07:53 AM
    Physical keyboard.
    Security obsession.
    Loyal customers.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-02-16 08:10 AM
    In terms of specs, BlackBerry can't even begin to compete. There are no drawbacks, no corners cut here. I don't like Asus design, but that's subjective.

Crazy

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 08:14 AM
    Physical keyboard.
    Security obsession.
    Loyal customers.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Not many BlackBerry, keyboard or security obsessed type folks out there anymore.

Just enterprise / government.

anon(9742832), sonicpix and Norg like this.
    06-02-16 09:44 AM
    "Starting at $499, you get 6GB of RAM plus 64GB of UFS 2.0 internal storage, and there'll be a 256GB variant arriving later" game set and match...
    06-02-16 10:03 AM
    "Starting at $499, you get 6GB of RAM plus 64GB of UFS 2.0 internal storage, and there'll be a 256GB variant arriving later" game set and match...
    How is that even possible? Also coming with a snapdragon 820 in the premium version.

They also made a point of the screen being 100% NTSC rgb compliant. Is that the same as being 100% Rec709? If so, that's pretty awesome, imo, but unlikely.

---

Apparently the OnePlus 3 will have 6gb of memory as well. The new standard for the second half of 2016? Just going from 4gb to 6gb within a few months? Crazy. Why even consider the Galaxy S7 at this point? Let alone the Priv at 650usd...

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 11:58 AM
    Exactly. So BBRY is still planning phones that if released belong on Craigslist.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    06-02-16 12:02 PM
    It only make sense if you stop believing BB phones are for consumers. Comprende?
    06-02-16 12:14 PM
    It only make sense if you stop believing BB phones are for consumers. Comprende?
    That's what got BlackBerry into this mess in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 12:30 PM
    I was going to make a comment about my own personal preferences and opinions for what I find important in my own personal device, but something tells me it would be misinterpreted as me saying everyone else should have my priorities as well and that the industry should move in the direction of my own personal preference. So... I'll just leave it alone...

I'll just say, I like Asus. My PC motherboards are usually MSI or Asus with a preference toward Asus.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-02-16 12:36 PM
    That's what got BlackBerry into this mess in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    Have to believe if they are even marginally paying attention to what other handset manufactures are releasing , it means they never release another phone.
    06-02-16 12:40 PM
    Let's not forget that the Asus and OnePlus will be rocking USB Type-C ports. The list reads: no compromises for under $500usd.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 12:46 PM
    Let's not forget that the Asus and OnePlus will be rocking USB Type-C ports. The list reads: no compromises for under $500usd.

Posted via CB10
    This is just it. Top specs for $500 and BlackBerry wants to sell mid-range phones for $400-500.

I love my Priv don't get me wrong but I fear the way it's going this may be the last time I buy a BlackBerry if Asus is any indication of things coming.

06-02-16 01:13 PM
    Google Zenfone 2 SIM slot problems.

I see your point but Zenfone isn't really a good example along with OnePlus

I would worry more about ZUK Z2 By Lenovo.

6GB SD820 128GB for 420 USD.
    06-02-16 02:42 PM
    Meh.

Specs phone.

My own recent experience with Asus (motherboards, Prime 2 tab, original Nexus 7) hasn't been good.

Actually I did have an Asus monitor, and that was decent.

But still, they're the kind of brand where... you're buying into a bit of a lottery. Like Acer.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    06-02-16 03:37 PM
    I used to have zenfone 2 with 4 gb ram, it's a good processor but the camera is garbage, their 3D graphic is worse than my note 4. The price can't lie.
    06-02-16 03:47 PM
    I used to have zenfone 2 with 4 gb ram, it's a good processor but the camera is garbage, their 3D graphic is worse than my note 4. The price can't lie.
    New phones have 23 MP Sony lenses ( except for the entry level).

06-02-16 04:06 PM
    Meh.

Specs phone.

My own recent experience with Asus (motherboards, Prime 2 tab, original Nexus 7) hasn't been good.

Actually I did have an Asus monitor, and that was decent.

But still, they're the kind of brand where... you're buying into a bit of a lottery. Like Acer.

Posted via CB10
    Odd, I've been building computers for myself, family, and friends for almost 20 years, Asus is the brand of mobo I use the most and have only ever had one that gave me an issue, and Asus customer support was quick to fix the problem...

06-02-16 07:57 PM
    your right but with the amount of android users worldwide phones like this are good bang for the buck ive used the zf2 before as well and it is a fast phone and does most things the average user will be more than happy with which is what these companies are striving for.
    06-02-16 09:01 PM
    Odd, I've been building computers for myself, family, and friends for almost 20 years, Asus is the brand of mobo I use the most and have only ever had one that gave me an issue, and Asus customer support was quick to fix the problem...

Same here actually, I've found Asus computers to be solid overall, no bad experiences yet (knock wood, ha).
    06-02-16 09:11 PM

They may have good motherboards, but they really aren't that great at devices. I have a tablet and it got RMA'ed 5 times to fix the same problem.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-02-16 10:00 PM
    06-02-16 10:09 PM
    4600 mAh????
    06-02-16 10:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    One could say the same thing about BlackBerry. It takes like 6 months for them to get the hardware put together correctly. Launch phones are usually a mess of QC issues.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 10:55 PM
    They may have good motherboards, but they really aren't that great at devices. I have a tablet and it got RMA'ed 5 times to fix the same problem.
    I prefer ASRock's boards and customer service. Asus boards are nice, but terrible customer service, and I've had two bad boards in the past few years (of 2), and around 9 good ASRock boards (of 10). I ate the cost on one of the Asus boards, but ASRock got me a replacement quick.

Plus ASRock puts ECC Memory support into their consumer boards. Which is amazing for me, as I use ECC mem with my Xeon, and workstation graphics cards with ECC.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-02-16 10:59 PM
102 123 ...