My Z10 does start have problems, with browser crashing, call answering with some sec delay, missing app useful for my work.

Looking at the Android market for a midrange price ($550/€400 in Europe) I did find many good options such as LG G6, Galaxy A5, Moto G5 Plus, Moto Z2 Play.

I can't find a real reason to go for the DTEK60, considering I'll probably find better cost/quality on the others + I can install BB sw on it.

Different story the KeyOne. Before Z10 I owned a Nokia E61i and I'm used in taking notes on my phone at meetings. Also the big battery and build quality is supposed to be far superior. Waiting a little bit for the price to settle down I'll be able to purchase it.

Wanted to ask if someone already done the switch, how does it feel and if does find problems with standard Android apps for it.
    07-17-17 11:56 AM
    I went from a Passport to a KEYone and the transition to Android is not too difficult but it does have its learning curve just because things are done differently and not as intuitively.
    In regards going with a mid-range Android device i would recommend Sony phones in waiting for the KEYone i used a Xperia XA and I found the phone to be an excellent mid-range phone; my wife has a Xperia XZ but that is a different beast.
    07-17-17 04:09 PM
    Moved from Z10 to KeyOne here last week.
    Loving it and not missing a thing.
    only running stock Android apps at the moment and no issues.
    A welcome and refreshing change to be able to use all the apps properly as opposed to slow and somewhat restrictive versions on BB10.
    Keyboard also rocks and brings me back to days of Pearl and Torch
    Very happy so far !
    07-17-17 06:17 PM
    @hec666 looked at Sony since I like the building quality, but they have a small battery or they are out of budget. Previous list is my best option.
    @Zeds you didn't have problems with the 3:2 screen size?
    Also more in general is BlackBerry pushing out updates for the KeyOne as Google release new version of Android?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 11:51 PM
    nobody on here can answer your last question. we don't know if android O will hit the KEYone when released.

if you are referring to security updates yes BlackBerry/your carrier does push them after release.
    07-18-17 10:51 AM
    @davide445
    no issues w aspect ratio for me .
    Playstore updates are frequent for apps, do not have July security update from Bell yet... not worried.
    07-19-17 08:52 PM
    Moto G5 Plus is nearly identical to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ in specs and battery. So if you want a midrange all-touch that shares the same long battery life quality of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, that one is actually a good choice.
    07-20-17 09:55 AM
    I went from a Passport to the DTEK60, really great phone but miss the keyboard. Love having all access to apps, and the rapid charging is awesome. May go for the KeyOne some day. Good luck with your choice...
    07-20-17 11:01 AM
    G5 Plus battery is smaller than KeyOne (3000 mAh vs 3500), so I suppose the latter will last much longer considering also the difference in screen size, or KO does have some hidden power consuming feature?
    What I didn't find is the real difference btw BB Android and stock Nougat.
    I read they have made modifications beyond simple installing BB apps, but didn't understand if this does create a really stronger and secure OS or in fact didn't make really a difference.
    Android insecurity and data sharing is one of my concerns in switching to such a system.
    07-20-17 11:33 AM
    G5 Plus battery is smaller than KeyOne (3000 mAh vs 3500), so I suppose the latter will last much longer considering also the difference in screen size, or KO does have some hidden power consuming feature?
    What I didn't find is the real difference btw BB Android and stock Nougat.
    I read they have made modifications beyond simple installing BB apps, but didn't understand if this does create a really stronger and secure OS or in fact didn't make really a difference.
    Android insecurity and data sharing is one of my concerns in switching to such a system.
    I said that it shares long battery life, not as long. But still better than most other options.
    07-20-17 11:47 AM