View Poll Results: What are you doing now that you've seen the JerryRigEverything video?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cancelling my order or returning my KEYone

11 12.36%
  • Keeping my order or keeping my KEYone

55 61.80%
  • Just here for the lulz

23 25.84%
    Hello,

So if I understand well ... I can not use it to lock my office foot ?
    I'm disappointed !

Kr,
    Moo
    06-09-17 05:51 AM
    I don't think the issue is that people will be bending their phones like this (although it is comical that if this was another manufacturer people would be all over it in here as a complete fail on their part). The issue to me is that there have only been a small number of people who have purchased this device thus far, due to its limited availability. In that relatively small number, there have already been cases of where people's screens have popped out. If not a single person had every reported this issue than JerryRig's video wouldn't be an issue. Since there have been cases of screens popping, to me its clearly an issue.
    kbz1960, hjc73734 and TGR1 like this.
    06-09-17 05:59 AM
    We ask for removable battery not REMOVEABLE screen 😂
    06-09-17 06:02 AM
    People must have very limited imagination to realize why clipping the screen on only could be very bad under normal use.
    06-09-17 06:03 AM
    I don't think the issue is that people will be bending their phones like this (although it is comical that if this was another manufacturer people would be all over it in here as a complete fail on their part).
    It happened when the iPhone 6 came out. People here trashed it after a similar video came out, but now that it has happened to a BlackBerry device, it isn't as big of a deal to some. Interesting how that worked out.
    donnation, hjc73734 and TGR1 like this.
    06-09-17 07:02 AM
    Battery is just behind !

We ask for removable battery not REMOVEABLE screen ������
    06-09-17 07:15 AM
    ide rather have the screen pop out than break, will fix easier! also simply don't bend it!! looool
    06-09-17 07:16 AM
    BTW, since back can be removed easily, u think we can mod it with a wireless charger??
    06-09-17 07:16 AM
    After reading a few of the snippets from the Jerryrig Everything thread I thought I was the only one who thought returning a phone over adhesive was silly.. The force he used to bend the phone wasn't unreasonable but I have a hard time believing anyone would intentionally bend their phone like this. If the screen did pop out from being dropped and the screen does pop out, I do not see why people just don't put a little bit of Gorilla Glue beind the screen and keep it moving.

All of my Passports had a screenlift issue, had I known the screen lift was not that big of a deal, I probably wouldn't have bought the second Passport.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    06-09-17 07:24 AM
    The JerryRig is an un-natural test, all that I got from the bend test was it appears more glue does indeed need to be applied. The guy has destroyed enough phones that I trust when he says, there is no glue holding screen on. Whether that was a pre-decided production choice of no glue or a faulty manufacturing issue as well as QC failure, bottom line is, TCL needs to apply glue to future devices and happily replace faulty returns with glued on screens, won't stop me from buying, buy honestly if the second phone would be faulty for same or another reason, the second would go back and I'd be done. But as I've said, I'm holding off purchase until at least October and to simplify things I'll be buying direct.
    06-09-17 07:44 AM
    After reading a few of the snippets from the Jerryrig Everything thread I thought I was the only one who thought returning a phone over adhesive was silly.. The force he used to bend the phone wasn't unreasonable but I have a hard time believing anyone would intentionally bend their phone like this. If the screen did pop out from being dropped and the screen does pop out, I do not see why people just don't put a little bit of Gorilla Glue beind the screen and keep it moving.

All of my Passports had a screenlift issue, had I known the screen lift was not that big of a deal, I probably wouldn't have bought the second Passport.
    If your screen pops out it will more than likely rip the ribbon cable and break the phone.

Also, the screen lifting on the Passport was unacceptable.
    06-09-17 08:02 AM
    It happened when the iPhone 6 came out. People here trashed it after a similar video came out, but now that it has happened to a BlackBerry device, it isn't as big of a deal to some. Interesting how that worked out.
    Which is exactly how most iPhone users reacted at the time. Former iPhone 6 owner here, got one from the initial production line and for the year or so I had the iPhone 6 I'm happy to say mine never bent. However, I know one person who unfortunately had that happen (it had a slight torque and would wobble a teeny bit when placed on a flat surface).

I eventually gifted my iPhone to a good friend's daughter. And guess what. Within a month she dropped it and cracked the screen. Never asked my buddy if the device torqued and bent as well, but might just do so now that I think about it, lol.

My only concern, and I'd like to see it addressed by TCL, is the rationale behind little / no adhesive. And how does this affect sealing the insides from pocket 'dust', etc. Stated in another thread I dropped mine a few times and no damage done. SOMETHING is clearly holding the screen is place if it's not adhesive and I'm not worried about 'GlueGate' in that regard, lol.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-09-17 08:06 AM
    I'm a functioning adult who cares for things that I've paid for, so this doesn't really affect me.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-09-17 08:09 AM
    I'm continuing to use my keyone as usual. What I am waiting for is the response from TCL and blackberry mobile if this becomes a more widespread issue in the coming weeks and months. If they deal with the issues correctly then there is no issue and could turn this into positive PR.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-09-17 08:44 AM
    Unfortunately where I live, I can't just return it if the screen pops off and even when and if BB starts to distribute here, we're not great with keeping to warranty terms. So I think I'll wait it out a bit. Something tells me that the distribution issues are not unconnected to this issue, but pretty solid phone though, a bit more glue and we should be good....

OK CB guys, it would be a good idea to cover this properly when this issue is addressed.
    06-09-17 08:46 AM
    Just got mine and tried to bend it with all my might. It broke. Dang!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 08:53 AM
    What will you do now that you've seen the video?
    I will buy the device. That video is irrelevant unless you plan on doing those things to your phone. Not sure I get the concern, to be honest. If he hit it with a hammer and it cracked while other devices didn't crack , would that be concerning?
    06-09-17 08:55 AM
    I keep my phone in my jacket or suit pocket. I don't wear tight jeans or put it in my back pocket. More importantly, I would never apply that much pressure to a phone or bend it such manner. So no change, I will buy....whenever unlocked is available in Canada.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2205 / Telus
    06-09-17 08:59 AM
    This whole thing is so stupid. This Jerryrig video .... guess what? ..... ALL phones he's try to bend have bent. Don't forget, PHYSICALLY the Keyone is like no other phone we or any other "reviewer" has seen or a dealt with. Like another extremely wise member posted in a different thread .... not only are physics different but so are it's the tension points compared to all glass slabs.

Relax people. If you're that concerned ... return it. If you're not concerned at all .... don't.

I LOVE my Keyone.
    scott8629 and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-09-17 09:20 AM
    Even if the screen doesnt pop, i doubt you will still want to keep a bent phone.

So yea, irrelevant.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    06-09-17 10:27 AM
    It's not even out yet unlocked in Canada.
    So I am on the fence on this one. Wait for snail paced Blackberry to release it and then hope that there is no red line across the screen, and that letter "o" works, and that the screen doesnt pop off on a small drop; OR just get a pixel on 2 year plan for $200 and end all the frustration and join the army of glass slab zombies.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 11:16 AM
    I take care of my devices and have rarely ever dropped any of my phones and are not concerned about the bendgate issue. As long as the device holds up in a nice case, I am good with that.
    06-09-17 11:20 AM
    It's not even out yet unlocked in Canada.
    So I am on the fence on this one. Wait for snail paced Blackberry to release it and then hope that there is no red line across the screen, and that letter "o" works, and that the screen doesnt pop off on a small drop; OR just get a pixel on 2 year plan for $200 and end all the frustration and join the army of glass slab zombies.

Posted via CB10
    If what you want is a BlackBerry device, with a physical keyboard, buy a BlackBerry with a physical keyboard. Worst case, you return it and get the Pixel anyway.

The thing to remember is that what we hear on CrackBerry is amplified. Everyone who does end up having an issue ends up here, or in the reviews on the likes of Amazon. We often don't get to hear from the people who have the device and are totally happy with it, because they're off happy and content, with no reason to be on forum for BlackBerry users.

That's not to say there aren't issues, there are. Or that the people who are having issues should be played down, or their issues dismissed, they shouldn't. It's that making a purchasing decision from a site like CrackBerry can very easily lead you astray.
    06-09-17 11:42 AM
    If for some reason my screen pops off without trying to snap my phone in two, I'll probably send it in for repair and use another phone from the past during the repair process. Love tech, love phones. But I'm certainly not going to live in fear. I'll use this bad boy like any other phone and see what happens. I've never broke a phone ever and don't expect to anytime soon.
    06-09-17 11:43 AM
    Where's the "won't buy" option?
    06-09-17 12:17 PM
144 ... 23456