View Poll Results: What are you doing now that you've seen the JerryRigEverything video?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cancelling my order or returning my KEYone

11 12.36%
  • Keeping my order or keeping my KEYone

55 61.80%
  • Just here for the lulz

23 25.84%
06-28-17 12:52 PM
144 12345 ...
tools
    As I stated in the other thread, for me the issue isn't about bending, which is unlikely to be a problem for me. It is about the fact that the screen is not properly sealed, creating added vulnerability to moisture, which increases the risk of sticky keyboard contacts and eventual double typing. It's not as though we haven't seen such problems before.
    kbz1960 and terminatorx like this.
    06-08-17 10:05 PM
    on the fence ...still have my CDMA pre order, but on the fence...
    06-08-17 10:23 PM
    I never carry my phone in my back pocket, and I don't purposefully try to bend my phone. I ran my Priv nekkid, and am doing the same with my KEYone. when seidio comes out with a surface case, I may get one of these. otherwise, carry on as before!
    06-08-17 10:34 PM
    A smartphone bends a lot when it's dropped so, unless you never drop your phone, there is going to be bending:

PALoeza likes this.
    06-08-17 10:35 PM
    By now this phone Will be treated as a délicate Princess.
    but a warrior one with her own shield.
    KEYone Wonder Woman!
    MyriadeCoh likes this.
    06-08-17 10:41 PM
    that video was tough to watch.haha...the screen pop off with no adhesive is a clear problem. I'm definitely not gonna be holding it in my back pocket anymore.
    06-08-17 10:53 PM
    A smartphone bends a lot when it's dropped so, unless you never drop your phone, there is going to be bending:
    Flexing on impact from a normal height drop is not the same as a two handed continuous high force bend test.
    laketrout73 and mbirth like this.
    06-08-17 10:55 PM
    If the screen is just clipped in even heat could make it flex out of place... It's going to be a matter of when not if unless you get a special case or add adhesive yourself.
    06-08-17 10:58 PM
    Not to mention the general lack of seal from moisture or dust, that is very likely to be a problem.
    06-08-17 10:59 PM
    Still picking one up later this month. I promise I'll be nice to it.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205 | Bell
    06-08-17 11:00 PM
    if there's no adhesive, can it be snapped back in theory?
    06-08-17 11:07 PM
    which quantifies nothing substantive other than things that are not designed to bend will break if you bend them. Are you missing the inductive and deductive reasoning gene?

To continue to argue your point is pointless. one last time and then I will remove myself from this particular quagmire: things that are not designed to bend WILL break when you bend them! Simple to say, but seemingly impossible for you to grasp!
    I know what you are sayong. But out of 70 phones. K1 Joined 5 worst performers shelf. The build is no good.

Which is the sole purpose of the device, rugged workplace device.
    06-08-17 11:11 PM
    Flexing on impact from a normal height drop is not the same as a two handed continuous high force bend test.
    I'm just wondering whether the CrackBerry Forums "just don't bend your phone" coalition ever drop their phone and whether they think that a screen that isn't glued to the frame would hang when the phone flexes like that.
    06-08-17 11:20 PM
    I'm just wondering whether the CrackBerry Forums "just don't bend your phone" coalition ever drop their phone and whether they think that a screen that isn't glued to the frame would hang when the phone flexes like that.
    That's how a phone flexes when it's not protected by a case that would absorb much of the impact.
    06-08-17 11:30 PM
    if there's no adhesive, can it be snapped back in theory?
    If the cable isn't damaged, which unfortunately happens more often than not.
    06-08-17 11:34 PM
    Not to mention the general lack of seal from moisture or dust, that is very likely to be a problem.
    Or allow it to air out, thus letting the moisture escape.

I'm pretty confident they'll modify their production going forward.
    06-08-17 11:34 PM
    Just received mine (24 hours after ordering, btw - yay Telus!) I have no regrets so far, but I'm still setting it up. So far it seems rock solid, although I'm not about to 'stress-test' its bendability. I'm sure if there is an issue it will be fixed under warranty, especially if the problem is as rampant as it is being made out to be. I always use my phones without cases, but am VERRRRRY careful. The reality is that it's either in my hand or on my desk, so hopefully it won't ever face a drop or bend situation.
    Good to hear! Amazon.ca is selling some nice soft cases for the KEYone, not very expensive either. If I get this phone, I will definitely use a case myself. But at this point I am looking forward to a statement from TCL on the screen issue. It will be helpful to know if this was just a limited production batch, or if they are all using snap in screens. Not that I would purposely bend it, but phones do occasionally drop.
    06-08-17 11:45 PM
    ...and to be fair, I just ordered the official case just in case. But I always order a case or two, then end up hating them for one reason or another and end up using them without. The back is not as grippy as I remember it to be at the meetup, so I hope that the official case adds some texture while still keeping the BB logo visible.
    06-09-17 12:03 AM
    What will you do now that you've seen the video?
    Keep using my KEYone because it's perfect.

Should the screen pop off, it's under warranty and I'll go through Amazon and exchange it.
    06-09-17 02:13 AM
    Keep using my KEYone because it's perfect.

Should the screen pop off, it's under warranty and I'll go through Amazon and exchange it.
    Yep, me too!
    06-09-17 02:28 AM
    Yeah thin things made of aluminum and even steel, bend. Shocker. Wow.
    06-09-17 02:31 AM
    This is TCL's first try at an "true" BlackBerry device, I personally don't like the looks of it but from all the videos I've watched I get the impression that it is a well optimised and solid handset. But the bad attachment of the screen is a really awkward manufacturing decision and they deserve all of the backlash they are getting from it.

I hope they adress this issue and step up their game on future BlackBerry devices.
    06-09-17 05:42 AM
    So the BlackBerry Passport screen it has some glue but to much, that brings my screen a little bit out of the frame, but No problem here.

They Keyone has also glue but just to hold it in place for normal use. Also the metal of the keyone is thinner the the Passport and yes you can bend it with extreem force. Also I can remember that a bend test with a passport also the screen jumped out where they keyboard starts.

I must say I was finished with this device and jump to early, but remembering the passport bend test . I decided to watch it again.

I saw the video back in slowmotion and watch it carefully and the guy use a lot of extreem bend from two side's , will not really happen in real life, maybe if two people fight for the last KEYone .

I also have a friends from BBM using the KEYone (selfridges) allready and he saw the video also after I send him it . Hiss reply this morning that he forced it a little and did some pressure on the sofa and bend it inside his jeanspocket to force it to get bend with his knees, but nothing happens. Solid and he use the device without any cover.

So also a picture from the test, and you can see the glue let lose but it's also not that much clue you see in the Passport SE. So is the device busted YES, But wil you be busted to use it NO. The device is solid and why the .... is he burning his screen with a lighter,

Your response to K1 bendgate-bending-extreem.jpg
    Mandjack, mbirth and MyriadeCoh like this.
    06-09-17 06:04 AM
    There is no bendgate. I carry my Keyone in a blackberry PRIV holster. I'm a medic on an ambulance and have no issues at all.
    mbirth and MyriadeCoh like this.
    06-09-17 06:07 AM
    Are you planning to buy a phone to bend or to use?

Everything bends. I can bend my car's antenna. Oh wait, i shouldnt have bought the car......
    mbirth, j21jam6 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    06-09-17 06:29 AM
144 12345 ...