View Poll Results: What are you doing now that you've seen the JerryRigEverything video?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cancelling my order or returning my KEYone

11 12.36%
  • Keeping my order or keeping my KEYone

55 61.80%
  • Just here for the lulz

23 25.84%
    1. Should have adhesive behind the lcd. Large surface area don't need strong adhesive.
    2. Doesn't matter what kind of adhesive used or not, the way test was done will not survive. Peel force is too great as the way he tested.
    3. Jerry is wasted my time. Any of the test he perform provided a little info, except to reveal the back have no adhesive. G4 glass for example should be tested using pencil. The chap provided users with wrong info, it is not do the industry any good, consumer included. Will skip his eval next time (this is the only time I watch it). Heading back to ifixit,..much infomertive.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 12:37 PM
    This thread gave me a chuckle and I DIDN"T vote btw. I don;t 'see the point in this thread. WHy would you mishandle your device and try to bend it in half. Ive never had screens fall off or otherwise in ANY BB device i've used past present.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-09-17 12:38 PM
    Are you saying I'm not alone !!?? OMG
    06-09-17 12:51 PM
    The only reason I'd bend phone like that is because I have no friends and live all alone.
    LOL...literally :-D

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 12:54 PM
    1. Should have adhesive behind the lcd. Large surface area don't need strong adhesive.
    2. Doesn't matter what kind of adhesive used or not, the way test was done will not survive. Peel force is too great as the way he tested.
    3. Jerry is wasted my time. Any of the test he perform provided a little info, except to reveal the back have no adhesive. G4 glass for example should be tested using pencil. The chap provided users with wrong info, it is not do the industry any good, consumer included. Will skip his eval next time (this is the only time I watch it). Heading back to ifixit,..much infomertive.

Posted via CB10
    Well said, I will never click that guy's video again. Waste of my time and regret gave him a view count.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-09-17 01:05 PM
    LOL. He does it with all phones. Don't be so but t hurt.
    06-09-17 01:12 PM
    What will you do now that you've seen the video?
    It's a sad time we live in, when the need to bullet-proof a product that costs hundreds of dollars must be done. I know, accidents happen, sure, but how people disregard handsets these days blows mind.

So, what am I gonna do? Well, I'm going to treat it as though I spent $550 or so of my hard-earned money on it.
    mbirth, jafobabe and DolemiteDONS like this.
    06-09-17 01:22 PM
    Just be careful with your existing K1, also be careful not to buy overpriced cheap quality device ever again.
    06-09-17 10:50 PM
    Totally Agree
    It's a sad time we live in, when the need to bullet-proof a product that costs hundreds of dollars must be done. I know, accidents happen, sure, but how people disregard handsets these days blows mind.

So, what am I gonna do? Well, I'm going to treat it as though I spent $550 or so of my hard-earned money on it.
    06-10-17 11:22 AM
    I chose not to vote in this thread! I get the point that devices can be bent. But why on earth would you bend your device that way anyway?
    06-10-17 11:29 AM
    Well donot defend by saying "i'm not gonna bend my phone like that " Being one among the 6 phones that failed the bend test in2 years which included under par phones is a dissapointment and we all expect more from blackberry and i am sure they will look into it and make it better
    PS. i am gonna wait till an announcement from BB
    06-10-17 12:04 PM
    Had mine a month almost ITS FINE. Stop creating drama!
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-10-17 12:06 PM
    Same here! My K1 works fine and quite amazing actually!
    06-10-17 12:40 PM
    I will treat my phone like a phone... not like a stick of gum.
    Well said.
    06-10-17 12:45 PM
    LOL. He does it with all phones. Don't be so but t hurt.
    Maybe someone can try it with his neck :x *I kid I kid*
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-17 12:47 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 12:52 PM
    On the face of it, this looks really bad. However, I'm not convinced this will be a major problem for lots of users.

What is problematic is not the screen but the rigidity of the frame. Time will tell whether this will hold up over time.

In either case bad publicity is bad for any brand but even worse for a company like BBMobile
    06-10-17 01:50 PM
    If you want to test your phone like that, why bother buying one. I had an iPhone 6 that had the original bendgate nonsense and 3 years later, no issues. Way overblown.
    06-10-17 01:57 PM
    my concern is more regarding the after sales service/support and the rubbish attitude of carphonewarehouse.... the same people who advertise on here. tragic for them.
    06-10-17 04:06 PM
    If you want to test your phone like that, why bother buying one. I had an iPhone 6 that had the original bendgate nonsense and 3 years later, no issues. Way overblown.
    Same. I had an OG iPhone 6 and it didn't bend. However, I always slap cases on all my phones. But Bendgate was definitely an issue for the initial production run, many iPhone users had an issue (including a senior editor at CNET I believe) but Apple quietly fixed the problem for subsequent runs and it went away.
    06-10-17 11:50 PM
    It's my business and productivity device and therefore an essential business tool. So, I'll look after it as you would do with any business critical asset.

Why reviewers don't look at how real people use devices amazes me. We had so many stupid reviews when Samsung introduced their Note line.
    06-11-17 03:54 AM
    It's my business and productivity device and therefore an essential business tool. So, I'll look after it as you would do with any business critical asset.

Why reviewers don't look at how real people use devices amazes me. We had so many stupid reviews when Samsung introduced their Note line.
    Which many phones can actually do the same for bussiness.
    06-11-17 07:11 AM
    Which many phones can actually do the same for bussiness.
    All of them as indicated by the world lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 07:57 AM
    There is no bendgate. I carry my Keyone in a blackberry PRIV holster. I'm a medic on an ambulance and have no issues at all.
    Refreshing. Common sense. I carry my phone in my front pocket and remove it when I sit. I understand there is some level of force which will bend it. If that force is 20% less than an iPhone or whatever. It matters not. As I would treat either phone with care. I treat all the things I pay a lot of $$ for with care.
    06-12-17 12:50 AM
    That's counter to how the Internet works. Hah.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-12-17 12:50 AM
144 ... 3456