View Poll Results: What are you doing now that you've seen the JerryRigEverything video?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cancelling my order or returning my KEYone

11 12.36%
  • Keeping my order or keeping my KEYone

55 61.80%
  • Just here for the lulz

23 25.84%
    After seeing the video? I will marvel at the self-created faux-crisis and the enormous amount of angst that certain population groups seem to thrive on.

You can break a hammer if you try hard enough. Guess what? I could break my Surface pro, 70" HDTV, and a lot of other nice electronics if I bent them too. THE HORROR!
    06-08-17 06:30 PM
    Still enjoying my sexy KEYone! Woooooo!!!!
    j21jam6 likes this.
    06-08-17 06:31 PM
    After seeing the video? I will marvel at the self-created faux-crisis and the enormous amount of angst that certain population groups seem to thrive on.

You can break a hammer if you try hard enough. Guess what? I could break my Surface pro, 70" HDTV, and a lot of other nice electronics if I bent them too. THE HORROR!
    Which hammer is better? The one that broke falling off a ladder? Or the one that broke falling off a 10 story window?
    06-08-17 06:32 PM
    I will treat my phone like a phone... not like a stick of gum.
    the phone is a jack in the box matter of fact here's a new unboxing

06-08-17 06:33 PM
    it's all over blown, I wouldn't never let my phone get into such a situation.
    But you might drop your phone, as do a lot of people. The point of all of the hooplah is that without anything else holding the screen except the frame, it's more likely to fail. I am also going to hold on to mine because I don't think this issue will affect the majority of the devices, but understand those who are hesitant to purchase one with this new knowledge.

Disclaimer: Again, this is my own personal opinion and my own personal decision, not saying anyone should follow my lead or come to the same decision I have for the same reasons I have...
    terminatorx likes this.
    06-08-17 06:34 PM
    My response is that I hope TCL learns from their first BBMo collaboration attempt. I have no other choice for a PKB device that has what I need.

I will treat my KEYone like any other I've had and hope for the best.
    Exactly, it's not like we have an alternative. I personally (again, personal opinion, not saying this is a fact, blah blah blah) think that if it does happen to me in the future BBMo would likely fix it for me anyway. I've had similar experiences with many other companies. (not saying it's guaranteed with TCL, blah blah blah blah, I need a copy and paste for my disclaimers, it's sad that I need it at all...)
    06-08-17 06:37 PM
    Hammers don't break falling off ladders... phones do. You can't ***** or accident-proof everything in this world. be careful with nice things.

This entire board sounds like someone kicked a bag full of chickens.

If we could find a way to harness this pecking party's energy, we could solve the entire sustainable energy needs of developing nations in the Third World!
    j21jam6 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    06-08-17 06:45 PM
    Exactly, it's not like we have an alternative.)
    Moto Z keyboard mod, Samsung keyboard cases...
    06-08-17 06:47 PM
    I don't really care , I don't sit on my phones and certainly I will not try bending it on purpose !
    06-08-17 06:47 PM
    Hammers don't break falling off ladders... phones do. You can't ***** or accident-proof everything in this world. be careful with nice things.

This entire board sounds like someone kicked a bag full of chickens.

If we could find a way to harness this pecking party's energy, we could solve the entire sustainable energy needs of developing nations in the Third World!
    10 story window vs 20 story window then?

Better yet, what did you have in mind when you mentioned breaking a hammer? The measurement of force needed to break something does not reveal the quality in workmanship or materials used?
    06-08-17 06:48 PM
    Moto Z keyboard mod, Samsung keyboard cases...
    I don't like sliders. If I did, the Priv would be an obvious alternative. Needing to slide the keyboard out first takes about as much time as a vkb being brought up, totally defeats the purpose in my opinion. I also hate landscape keyboards even more. You'd think bigger is better, but once it gets that wide, then typing takes longer as you'd have to move your thumbs even further. Not to mention, simply slapping a keyboard onto an Android won't bring the keyboard shortcuts.

And don't make me barf with that Samsung keyboard case, lol.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, but again, for those of us who want this form-factor with the physical keyboard and integration, we don't really have any alternatives right now...
    06-08-17 06:50 PM
    10 story window vs 20 story window then?

Better yet, what did you have in mind when you mentioned breaking a hammer? The measurement of force needed to break something does not reveal the quality in workmanship or materials used?
    Well, if you had ever actually used a hammer, you would know that striking the shaft of the hammer near the head of it can cause it to break due to the inertia of the hammer head putting stress on the shaft that it cannot handle.

You are not going to prove me wrong. I can break ANY phone on the planet by bending it... to engineer a bulletproof phone would garner complaints of too heavy, too big, blah blah blah.

So, until there is an unbreakable phone that is the new gold standard, this is all silliness.

I would venture to say that a phone that is dropped and pops apart, probably transfers stress throughout the construct better than a phone that doesn't. Look at how a formula 1 car flies apart. For all we know, this could be an intentional feature to preserve the phone from catastrophic (unrepairable) damage.

That is all speculative of course.
    j21jam6 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    06-08-17 07:02 PM
    Well, if you had ever actually used a hammer, you would know that striking the shaft of the hammer near the head of it can cause it to break due to the inertia of the hammer head putting stress on the shaft that it cannot handle.

You are not going to prove me wrong. I can break ANY phone on the planet by bending it... to engineer a bulletproof phone would garner complaints of too heavy, too big, blah blah blah.

So, until there is an unbreakable phone that is the new gold standard, this is all silliness.

I would venture to say that a phone that is dropped and pops apart, probably transfers stress throughout the construct better than a phone that doesn't. Look at how a formula 1 car flies apart. For all we know, this could be an intentional feature to preserve the phone from catastrophic (unrepairable) damage.

That is all speculative of course.
    you're wrong.

So hammer that broke striking something with a lesser force is NOT inferior to a hammer that took more force?

That's the point of the video. Not that something CAN break. It's that how much pressure UNTIL it breaks.
    06-08-17 07:11 PM
    He destroys all phones. I also find his videos very entertaining.
    jakie55 likes this.
    06-08-17 07:25 PM
    which quantifies nothing substantive other than things that are not designed to bend will break if you bend them. Are you missing the inductive and deductive reasoning gene?

To continue to argue your point is pointless. one last time and then I will remove myself from this particular quagmire: things that are not designed to bend WILL break when you bend them! Simple to say, but seemingly impossible for you to grasp!
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-08-17 07:26 PM
    which quantifies nothing substantive other than things that are not designed to bend will break if you bend them. Are you missing the inductive and deductive reasoning gene?

To continue to argue your point is pointless. one last time and then I will remove myself from this particular quagmire: things that are not designed to bend WILL break when you bend them! Simple to say, but seemingly impossible for you to grasp!
    Hey no personal insults here. I'm gonna tell on you.

Here it is one more time to prove your point wrong. The video was not to show it CAN break. It's to show how far it can go. Most of the phones on his channel pass the test and the KEYone was one that didn't.

Therefore, we can all make our own conclusions. Is the phone we're paying $550 worth it relative to the other phones he's tested in terms of abuse and build quality?

Is that possible for you to grasp?
    06-08-17 07:34 PM
    Just received mine (24 hours after ordering, btw - yay Telus!) I have no regrets so far, but I'm still setting it up. So far it seems rock solid, although I'm not about to 'stress-test' its bendability. I'm sure if there is an issue it will be fixed under warranty, especially if the problem is as rampant as it is being made out to be. I always use my phones without cases, but am VERRRRRY careful. The reality is that it's either in my hand or on my desk, so hopefully it won't ever face a drop or bend situation.
    terminatorx and j21jam6 like this.
    06-08-17 07:34 PM
    I will still buy a KEYone and won't be worried that the screen might separate in normal use.
    06-08-17 07:46 PM
    By now this phone Will be treated as a délicate Princess.
    but a warrior one with her own shield.
    06-08-17 07:54 PM
    Thought about getting one after the price drops, it'll have to drop a lot now.
    06-08-17 07:56 PM
    What will you do now that you've seen the video?
    Pretend like I've never seen it. Doesn't simulate real life situations. I'm not concerned and will keep loving my KEYone.
    06-08-17 08:08 PM
    I think no user with a sane mind will bend the phone like Jerry did on purpose. However, what concerns most people is how easy the screen pops off...I mean no matter how careful you baby your phone, there bound to be small accidental drops...such as dropping it in the car onto the center isle...or putting it in a tighter pocket and sitting in office ....if a slight bend pops out the screen, then it's not hysteria...it's just NG quality
    kbz1960 and terminatorx like this.
    06-08-17 08:09 PM
    You think every K1 from here on out will be like this? I would assume they would try to fix the problem in the next batches.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 08:13 PM
    Meh. I don't go out of my way to trash my phones and even if something happens outside of the norm, that's what the warranty is for. I do hope BlackBerry Mobile does adjust the production process to address it though and make it less of an issue for those concerned about it. It's really not a hard problem to address going forward. Just an adjustment on the production line as every company does after initial runs.
    06-08-17 08:57 PM
    I am going to sell all my skinny jeans and buy an Ottercase for my Ottercase. Then I am going to live in a bubble and be happy.
    PALoeza likes this.
    06-08-17 09:01 PM
144 1234 ...