I am tethered to Verizon and was unable to get the Key2. I am coming up on 2yrs with my KeyOne and find that even after a reboot, my phone continues to get worse with lockups, freezing up, etc.

So I am looking at either suffering through this longer and hoping some news comes out about a new BlackBerry pkb phone, switch to a Key2LE (that Verizon will support), or leave BlackBerry entirely.

For those that switched from the KeyOne to a Key2LE, did you find you missed the features of the capacitive keyboard?
    01-14-20 08:30 PM
    There is no new BlackBerry phone coming out. May be do a security wipe, should clear up any issues you are having.
    01-14-20 09:36 PM
    I am tethered to Verizon and was unable to get the Key2. I am coming up on 2yrs with my KeyOne and find that even after a reboot, my phone continues to get worse with lockups, freezing up, etc.

So I am looking at either suffering through this longer and hoping some news comes out about a new BlackBerry pkb phone, switch to a Key2LE (that Verizon will support), or leave BlackBerry entirely.

For those that switched from the KeyOne to a Key2LE, did you find you missed the features of the capacitive keyboard?
    No problem here. Didn't miss the capacitive keyboard.
    01-14-20 09:43 PM
    The K2LE has a terrible camera, no capacitive keyboard, and a smaller battery. But it will have smoother performance with the extra RAM and better processor.

I am still using a KeyOne on Verizon and it's working fine. Make sure you clear the cache regularly, and don't bog it down with resource-hogging apps like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
    phuoc likes this.
    01-17-20 06:34 AM
    I use both devices in parallel, the KEY2LE being my main device. As already described, the main difference is the missing capacitive keyboard. It took me a long time to get used to it, but it works. But the KEY2LE's keystroke is much better (smoother). Otherwise I notice only few differences in performance during my daily use, despite different specifications.

Until recently, I would have also mentioned the longer supply of official security updates via OTA, but since November - at least in Germany - KEY2LE doesn't seem to move anymore.
    01-17-20 06:59 AM
    I have a keyone unlocked and like a tool I updated to a Vodafone uk locked one. I really honestly don't like the key2 and prefer the one as it just works better. To me, the keyone is held back on purpose for the 2 to move forward. That's my opinion as a middle-aged business owner.
    Exedorable likes this.
    01-17-20 01:12 PM
    I also did not like the Key2 as much as my KEYone (and I tried it near launch, at 649, not the later LE variant) although I will readily admit that the Key2 has the best keyboard they've ever put on a phone. And I disabled capacitive function pretty early on, so it just depends how much you enjoy it/are used to it.

I'm hanging onto my KEYone for as long as I can (and even my old Priv, tho that's becoming more of a mini Wi-Fi tablet nowadays) but I'm optimistic about a potential key3, motion 2, or Priv 2 - should they ever see the light of day.
    01-19-20 12:13 AM