As the title implies, I'm curious. My arrow keys are ever so slightly brighter than the rest of my keys, and 2 demo units I looked at today had the same thing. It's noticeable in dimmer environments, obviously. Let me know how your unit is. Cheers.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-05-17 11:19 PM
    I'm not saying I'm right, but I think it's because theres a light on the bottom that runs the Spacebar, then another light for the keys.
    unity04 likes this.
    06-05-17 11:24 PM
    I'm not saying I'm right, but I think it's because theres a light on the bottom that runs the Spacebar, then another light for the keys.
    That actually makes a lot of sense and I never thought of that. I've been scrutinizing this phone as the first unit I got didn't have a working keyboard (as in, not a single key worked). The more I use this device the more I'm enjoying it.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-05-17 11:27 PM
    That actually makes a lot of sense and I never thought of that. I've been scrutinizing this phone as the first unit I got didn't have a working keyboard (as in, not a single key worked). The more I use this device the more I'm enjoying it.
    Mine will be here tomorrow, I know what your saying because I noticed it on a few YouTube videos and I determined it's probably an extra light because the space bar will light up even when the keyboard isn't supposed to so that tells me there's gotta be 2 lights.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-05-17 11:31 PM
    Why didn't the keys work? Was it a review unit?
    06-05-17 11:32 PM
    Why didn't the keys work? Was it a review unit?
    Nope, I bought it from Rogers and none of the keys worked out of the box. I had to wait 5 days for them to get more stock before I could swap it out. I highly recommend testing every single key before leaving the store.
    06-05-17 11:39 PM
    Uneven keyboard back lighting is not uncommon on BB PKB phones. My passport is the same. Not a defect, just a design anomaly.
    unity04 likes this.
    06-05-17 11:41 PM
    Oh dang! What about in my case? It's coming from Amazon, hopefully mines from the 2nd batch and doesn't have this issues I've been reading..
    06-05-17 11:41 PM
    Oh dang! What about in my case? It's coming from Amazon, hopefully mines from the 2nd batch and doesn't have this issues I've been reading..
    You're good to exchange / return it if it's defective - I wouldn't worry.
    06-05-17 11:43 PM
    Nope, I bought it from Rogers and none of the keys worked out of the box. I had to wait 5 days for them to get more stock before I could swap it out. I highly recommend testing every single key before leaving the store.
    Good point. I'm leaning towards purchase with Bestbuy in store pickup to make sure its all good initially.
    06-05-17 11:45 PM
    You're good to exchange / return it if it's defective - I wouldn't worry.
    How long will I have to exchange it if I do need to? I pray I don't have.
    06-05-17 11:53 PM
    About the Keyboard I do know a few review units had this problem but and update fixed them, so hopefully I'll have an update to download before I set it up. Don't want to do it all just to realize I gotta send it back.
    06-05-17 11:56 PM