10-08-17 07:57 AM
32 12
tools
    I don't really disagree with much of what you said. AT&T
    Sounds like you do, in fact agree with most of what I said.

I don't remember the initial AT&T Priv issues you speak of.
    I bought a Priv from AT&T, one day after the release, I went through it. Weeks after BB fixed the problem with an update, AT&T was still sitting on it and their branded versions weren't working. Finally escalated my case high enough that they let me return it, then I promptly got one direct from BB. Techs kept saying there was was no update, AT&T store people kept saying "almost all of them have been returned, don't buy one".
    Similar situation with the Z10 when it was released, the Z10 wasn't quite as buggy, but AT&T wouldn't release updates so they remained buggy for weeks or longer after the factory units were fine.
    09-08-17 04:41 PM
    Don't buy from carriers buy unlocked. Sure you get 0 percent financing when you go with carrier but you also get locked device, bloatware and uncertain maintenance outlook. Compromises are too great for not paying upfront.
    10-05-17 06:49 AM
    Don't buy from carriers buy unlocked. Sure you get 0 percent financing when you go with carrier but you also get locked device, bloatware and uncertain maintenance outlook. Compromises are too great for not paying upfront.
    The AT&T KeyONE, while locked to AT&T, has very little "bloatware". What it does have is the ability to make and receive calls on LTE and HD calling. AT&T blocks this capability on the unlocked non-carrier version.
    10-05-17 10:49 AM
    AT&T does allow LTE calling and receiving on a non AT&T device, what you can't do is use LTE voice and data at the same time. If you try and do so it bumps you back to 3G for the duration. The very few times I've been on a call and needed data, I didn't notice the difference.
    AT&T does not allow HD voice on 'foreign' devices, not a big deal.
    They also disallow wifi calling, which is a big deal, (at least in my opinion).
    10-06-17 09:31 PM
    The AT&T KeyONE, while locked to AT&T, has very little "bloatware". What it does have is the ability to make and receive calls on LTE and HD calling. AT&T blocks this capability on the unlocked non-carrier version.
    HD calling has been available in every single country I've been to on non-carrier devices so that's a usual **** move for US customer by US carrier. They can easily strip you of LTE data if they want to as well. As a matter of fact they can put a ban on non ATT devices as well.
    10-07-17 11:27 AM
    a usual **** move for US customer by US carrier.
    It took an act of congress, (almost literally) to get them to unlock phones that customers had paid for. The carriers here, (I'm US) would make you think you were in a third world country.
    10-08-17 05:17 AM
    I'm not concerned. My AT&T KeyOne has the September update. My AT&T Galaxy S8 is still on August. Now, get me wi fi calling and I'll be very satisfied.
    10-08-17 07:57 AM
32 12