it's 8/10 for me. usually a great workhorse and gets things done. keyboard feels great, though I miss the toolbar with dedicated end/click/back/menu buttons. the triangle/circle/square of android doesn't feel as nice and you're not always sure if you pressed without tactile feedback.

some updates cripple the phone, causing frequent app freezes and laggy-ness, but the current version seems to be okay. biggest problems are with Google maps which often locks up if the memory is low. usually running at 90% memory use and wish it could be lower.

but I'll take it over an iPhone any day, and it's also half the price.
    04-03-18 09:49 AM
    Bought mine on the first day available (actually, somehow the day before available) from Amazon. No problems whatsoever. I like it a ton and only wish it had better reception. I applaud TCL's first effort, which makes me interested in what might come next.
    04-03-18 10:51 AM
    Bought mine in Germany may 3rd. 2017... "Upgrade" to Black Edition in october... Most reliable phone in years coming from the galaxy note series... Now after 11 months still no phone in sight that could beat the attractivity of the pkb device... Will definitely buy the sucsessor when it will be published in the near future (hopefully)
    04-03-18 11:05 AM
    I did have a Keyone from the first batch. A key and my display fell off.

I purchased a Black Keyone and that is a mayor difference. That device made a huge difference.

My business partner had also one out of the first batch and also that screen dropped of the device.

Both on Black Editions and both happy now.
    04-03-18 12:06 PM
    I did have a Keyone from the first batch. A key and my display fell off.
    There's nothing I hate more than reading posts about keys falling off. For some reason I find that issue much more frustrating than the screen itself. Why? Because the screen is one large part, can readily be found, and is quite easy to replace.
    However, a single key is so easy to lose, and parts are a bit harder to find, and replacing the keyboard necessitates removing the battery, which is stuck in there pretty good (judging from Jerryrig's teardown).

Good thing I can count on one hand the number of posts here about a key/keys detaching from the K1.

Obviously a one-piece design like the Priv eliminates any chance of this happening, ever. Which is why it would be real wise for TCL to use that design method. Why? Would you rather have 1 big part, or 30+ individual ones...
    04-03-18 12:32 PM
    Officially purchased my K1 on May 30th, 2017 from Amazon. Returned the first week of July because my display fell out. Never dropped it either. I didn't want to wait over a month to get the replacement, so I returned it for a refund and bought an LG G6.

I repurchased the K1 as a Christmas present to myself in December, haha! I kept running into the case I bought for it and finally had enough. It's been great since. I'm still a bit paranoid over the screen separation issue coming back, even though I know it won't. The display is on there pretty tight now.

No hardware or software issues/glitches, besides the standard (such as key back light uneven by the space bar). Have yet to run into an update that caused abnormal behavior (knock on wood).
    04-03-18 02:50 PM
    it's 8/10 for me. usually a great workhorse and gets things done. keyboard feels great, though I miss the toolbar with dedicated end/click/back/menu buttons. the triangle/circle/square of android doesn't feel as nice and you're not always sure if you pressed without tactile feedback.

some updates cripple the phone, causing frequent app freezes and laggy-ness, but the current version seems to be okay. biggest problems are with Google maps which often locks up if the memory is low. usually running at 90% memory use and wish it could be lower.

but I'll take it over an iPhone any day, and it's also half the price.
    You should try Here Maps. It may solve your issue.
    04-03-18 04:38 PM
    Coming up to the one year mark of keyone ownership.

Mine is part of the launch batch which had screen pop issues but so far holding strong. Phone is going from strength to strength due to various updates. Runs better now than it did when i first got the device.

Just wondering how other early adopters are finding things.
    Original batch owner with no issues with my BlackBerry KEYone. I do miss the smaller form-factor of my BlackBerry Bold 9700.
    04-03-18 05:05 PM
    I owned the Priv, sold it and now have the KEYone. I would recommend the KEYone BE unless you never use the PKB then the Motion. If price is an issue, wait until the next big sale for your choice of phone. After using the KEYone for the last 8 months, I would never go back to a screen keyboard unless Blackberry Mobile stopped making PKB phones. I have had zero issues with my KEYone.
    04-04-18 08:21 AM
    brought at "mid night madness" order day from amazon.com for my niece. No issue so far (she uses it as wifi only - multi-media, research, Utube, etc... uses 9860 for texting and phone call - US unlimited for 25.00 per month... great for university student usage).
    FF22 likes this.
    04-04-18 08:44 AM
    Not a fan, have had many issues. Original batch, screen came off, had to send it in for repair along with another mechanical failure at the time. Wanted my original handset back, NOT some refurbished problem someone else sent theirs in for so had to limp along with my old phone for over 3 weeks after being told I'd have it back within 7 business days. Have had to factory reset it 3 times since last June; one recently and non-android glitches still exist that make the phone cumbersome, at best. Email is not what it used to be, slow to receive (perhaps the way I need to have the sync settings), but unreliable. Not happy with their customer support/warranty support, reps are difficult to talk to and spend too much time talking repetitively about 'know we're going to help you with this' or ' i'm going to make sure this gets resolved', or some other such statement that is only needed to be said once, not 6 times in a row and then another 6 times before the call ends. Gave BB another chance after swearing them off a few years back with the classic debacle; was hoping a different manufacturer would make a difference - NOPE! Will not buy another, ever. Will be selling this so I can justify buying something else; someone else can put up with the problems, I'm done with bb.
    04-23-18 02:16 PM
    Not a fan, have had many issues. Original batch, screen came off, had to send it in for repair along with another mechanical failure at the time. Wanted my original handset back, NOT some refurbished problem someone else sent theirs in for so had to limp along with my old phone for over 3 weeks after being told I'd have it back within 7 business days. Have had to factory reset it 3 times since last June; one recently and non-android glitches still exist that make the phone cumbersome, at best. Email is not what it used to be, slow to receive (perhaps the way I need to have the sync settings), but unreliable. Not happy with their customer support/warranty support, reps are difficult to talk to and spend too much time talking repetitively about 'know we're going to help you with this' or ' i'm going to make sure this gets resolved', or some other such statement that is only needed to be said once, not 6 times in a row and then another 6 times before the call ends. Gave BB another chance after swearing them off a few years back with the classic debacle; was hoping a different manufacturer would make a difference - NOPE! Will not buy another, ever. Will be selling this so I can justify buying something else; someone else can put up with the problems, I'm done with bb.
    Did you own another BlackBerry handset before keyone?
    05-13-18 02:53 PM
    Coming up to the one year mark of keyone ownership.

Mine is part of the launch batch which had screen pop issues but so far holding strong. Phone is going from strength to strength due to various updates. Runs better now than it did when i first got the device.

Just wondering how other early adopters are finding things.
    same here. Launch day KEYone from a local Best Buy here in san diego. Has a case, have accidentally dropped in numerous times on all sorts of floors and still running perfect! The only time I had noticeable lag was one time when i was using Google Play Music, and was switching between Chrome, Instagram, and Maps.. lol Other than that, everything runs buttery smooth, no software troubles (aside from the bugs introduced by updates).. never had to factory reset yet either... This phone is by far my favorite and most perfect for me! My Galaxy S8 i keep at home as a backup and just use it to play games on wifi.
    05-14-18 02:03 PM
38 12