Keep getting 'account not valid, update settings' msg when trying to add yahoo email acct to hub. I've checked and double checked the user name and password that I use when logging in to yahoo mail on my laptop. Still no go. Any advice? Please and thank you!
    06-12-19 06:24 PM
    Keep getting 'account not valid, update settings' msg when trying to add yahoo email acct to hub. I've checked and double checked the user name and password that I use when logging in to yahoo mail on my laptop. Still no go. Any advice? Please and thank you!
    Several error reporting services show problems at Yahoo.

https://downdetector.com/status/yahoo-mail
    https://outage.report/yahoo-mail

So not your device.. it's a Yahoo problem. But that's nothing new for Yahoo.
    06-12-19 06:40 PM
    thank you! glad not just me! wish it were noone!
    06-12-19 06:43 PM
    Yahoo has a history of problems. And for all platforms. My wife's goes out a lot on her Samsung.
    06-13-19 12:36 PM
    anyone have any idea why Yahoo! goes out all the time? is this a run of the mill server misconfig? (yet) another cyberattack?
    06-13-19 01:01 PM
    anyone have any idea why Yahoo! goes out all the time? is this a run of the mill server misconfig? (yet) another cyberattack?
    Not sure. I don't think cyberattacks though. More of a dying platform
    06-13-19 04:25 PM
    to bypass the issue with configuring yahoo to the hub, you have to change the security settings of your account on the computer interface, Yahoo website, so as to accept insecure connection, I believe it will work with the hub afterwards.

I chose not to do so as that is basically lowering the security of my email account itself.

alternatively the Yahoo email app is very efficient for me, I had installed and disabled the Gmail app as Yahoo account was not working well on the Gmail app.

hope this helps
    06-19-19 05:29 AM
    I have a vague memory of trouble caused by yahoo 2 factor authentication... I went to single factor and it was accepted in Hub. I don't know if that sticks allowing return to 2factor. I only keep yahoo email as a backup...
    06-19-19 10:33 AM
    I have a vague memory of trouble caused by yahoo 2 factor authentication... I went to single factor and it was accepted in Hub. I don't know if that sticks allowing return to 2factor. I only keep yahoo email as a backup...
    To use 2FA, you need to go to the security page of your Yahoo! account and generate an app password. Then you use the app password instead of your actual password when configuring email on your device.

You were probably using your normal password in HUB+ Inbox.
    06-19-19 02:43 PM