I know this is old news, basically to use Yahoo mail with hub you have to disable some security settings in Yahoo.

I thought, let me try and enable security to see if Blackberry have addressed it in recent updates. No such luck, i get this message.

"Your account is currently not enabled to sign in from apps that do not meet modern security standards (e.g. older versions of email and calendar apps such as Outlook). As a result, we prevented a sign-in to your Yahoo account"

COme on Blackberry, sort it out. You guys are meant to be the security experts
    12-15-17 04:31 PM
    I get my Yahoo mail from the Hub without any issues

Brian
    12-15-17 10:06 PM
    No issue with Yahoo in HUB just you need to set and generate device password in Yahoo settings
    12-15-17 10:24 PM
    it is Yahoo that has had the problems. I had a lot of trouble with it. For a while yahoo gave messages about the security status of the "less secure" app but it was because I set it to accessed it with my BlackBerry hub. When I signed into my email on my PC I would get the warning message. I had to set it up on my PC going into yahoo mail settings and setting it to permit "less secure apps" to access the mail(which actually meant any non-yahoo apps). To me it was as if yahoo only wanted people to use the yahoo app on their phones. It seems to have improved. Maybe it is a coincidence but it was after Yahoo was sold that it improved. At least for the time being.
    12-16-17 02:19 AM
    it is Yahoo that has had the problems. I had a lot of trouble with it. For a while yahoo gave messages about the security status of the "less secure" app but it was because I set it to accessed it with my BlackBerry hub. When I signed into my email on my PC I would get the warning message. I had to set it up on my PC going into yahoo mail settings and setting it to permit "less secure apps" to access the mail(which actually meant any non-yahoo apps). To me it was as if yahoo only wanted people to use the yahoo app on their phones. It seems to have improved. Maybe it is a coincidence but it was after Yahoo was sold that it improved. At least for the time being.
    I have to do the same thing, access yahoo from my pc then toggle the switch to allow access from less secure apps.

Works fine But in doing this I fear I am compromising the security of my email account.
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 12-16-17 at 05:40 AM.
    12-16-17 04:28 AM