A combination of Passport SE and Android with PKB! Wow wow wow...

THANK U BBRY!!!! Please release this phone asap!!

- Happy Priv owner

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    steph.iosso likes this.
    04-29-16 09:59 PM
    Don't get too excited. These devices might not make it to market, if Priv sales don't pick up.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 10:15 PM
    Don't get too excited. These devices might not make it to market, if Priv sales don't pick up.

Posted via CB10
    They're won't. No one in the android world wants anything that is more than 4 months old unless it's a nexus or galaxy note.

Note: I am not having on blackberry. Just saying the android world moves fast.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-30-16 04:36 AM
    They're won't. No one in the android world wants anything that is more than 4 months old unless it's a nexus or galaxy note.

Unfortunately, I think you're right.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 09:20 AM

I'd pick up a Priv if they'd drop the price of the unlocked version to something reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 02:02 PM
    I'd pick up a Priv if they'd drop the price of the unlocked version to something reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    Just bite the bullet I got the Priv on the first day and I probably will go for the Rome just for the selfie camera and fingerprint scanner

If you liked this post, you can now find more like this by following me on Twitter @MeerAdrie
    04-30-16 03:58 PM

Now that BlackBerry has moved their main business focus from hardware to software and services for enterprise and government customer, they're not really concerned about consumers in the Android world who only want to buy the latest devices. BlackBerry wants to offer hardware as part of their end to end security solutions for their business customers.
    04-30-16 08:47 PM
    Now that BlackBerry has moved their main business focus from hardware to software and services for enterprise and government customer, they're not really concerned about consumers in the Android world who only want to buy the latest devices. BlackBerry wants to offer hardware as part of their end to end security solutions for their business customers.
    Was the Priv aimed towards consumers or business customers?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 09:03 PM

That's true, I bought a used Note 4 (1.5 year old device). Put in a new battery and it's like new.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-30-16 09:30 PM

Normally I'd agree with that. But government and military and large corporations are slow to move and take upwards of a year to grant approvals for new devices. There could be a few big orders sitting in the wings.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 10:32 PM
    Just bite the bullet I got the Priv on the first day and I probably will go for the Rome just for the selfie camera and fingerprint scanner

If you liked this post, you can now find more like this by following me on Twitter @MeerAdrie
    If the footprint of the device is smaller than the Priv, that would be enough for me to consider it. But I'll probably consider it anyways just to support any company still releasing PKB devices.
    Sigewif likes this.
    04-30-16 11:03 PM
    It might not get released! So your dream phone isn't really "here" yet!

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    05-01-16 04:46 AM
    It might not get released! So your dream phone isn't really "here" yet!

I hope it does

05-01-16 05:58 AM
    I too hope it will release...looking badly towards it...and I dont think its release is somehow connected with priv sales. They already know priv sale are bad and chen had declared they ware planning to overcome the situation releasing 2 other cheaper android phones. So I think priv doesnt stand on its way of release!

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2876
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-01-16 06:04 AM
    People are projecting that this will be released in September, correct?

Why go up against the iPhones and Nexus phones? Is summer a bad time to sell? Back to school is July/August, right?

I'd think that BlackBerry could make a great productivity-minded campaign for the Rome being sold to upcoming students as well as businessmen, governments, etc. If it's a mid-tier phone, even better for these demographics. This should be BlackBerry's bread and butter. Otherwise the iPhone SE will sweep the season.

And aren't the summer months a bit lacking for new phones this year?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 10:31 AM

Why go up against the iPhones and Nexus phones? Is summer a bad time to sell? Back to school is July/August, right?

I'd think that BlackBerry could make a great productivity-minded campaign for the Rome being sold to upcoming students as well as businessmen, governments, etc. If it's a mid-tier phone, even better for these demographics. This should be BlackBerry's bread and butter. Otherwise the iPhone SE will sweep the season.

And aren't the summer months a bit lacking for new phones this year?

Posted via CB10
    I think BlackBerry has proven time and time again, that they have no idea how to market anything lol.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-01-16 11:02 AM
    Honestly same, needs a good rear camera to tho and I'd buy it. Love the idea of the Rome! Hopefully it comes out soon
    05-01-16 11:09 AM
    What people are saying September?

Chen, in his recent interview declined to say when these mythical phones would be released. Chen also did *not* say either of these phones would cost $400.

Now that the Priv is being fire-saled at $400, a price at which I doubt BB is making a profit, where is the window for a mid-range device?

My personal prediction of when these phones will be available to buy is 12th of Never.
    05-01-16 03:48 PM
    A lot of people are speculating that poor sales is due to phone not being cutting edge, uses 1 year old hardware, etc. When marketing in the consumer space, I think that is partly true. But when selling a huge contract of hundreds of devices, that has little to no bearing. Support and price are key in that case.

Chen said himself that Priv flopped because it was too expensive for large contracts. If Hamburg/Rome are solid phones with good support model and mid range price, I think that would be the sweet spot for enterprise contracts - which is the only way BlackBerry devices will ever be successful in the current market.

 C L A S S I C
    05-01-16 07:58 PM
    The new iPhone 7 will release same time as this and nexus so sales for rome should suffer

05-02-16 08:39 AM
    The new iPhone 7 will release same time as this and nexus so sales for rome should suffer

The new phones will be more of a competitor to the current SE, and the Galaxy A.
    05-02-16 11:05 AM
    The new phones will be more of a competitor to the current SE, and the Galaxy A.
    Why do you say that?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 02:45 PM
    Why do you say that?

Posted via CB10
    iPhone 7 buyers won't really cross shop a $400 phone. Just like BMW and Mercedes buyers don't cross shop a Lincoln.
    05-02-16 02:47 PM
    iPhone 7 buyers won't really cross shop a $400 phone. Just like BMW and Mercedes buyers don't cross shop a Lincoln.
    Is a BlackBerry the BMW, Mercedes, Lincoln or ford Fiesta in this example?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 04:26 PM
    Is a BlackBerry the BMW, Mercedes, Lincoln or ford Fiesta in this example?

Posted via CB10
    $800+ vs $400. You tell me.

Probably should've said Buick, because like GM that has been selling the W-Body since 1988, BlackBerry has been hawking MSM8960 phones to date.
    05-02-16 05:01 PM
35 12