10-16-20 05:33 PM
52 123
tools
    Most reviewers seem to concur.

A 6" 90Hz screen and a sipping 765G should go a lot farther than a 6.5" 120Hz screen with a 865. Plus the Samsung has all the extra bloat on top of stock Android.
    You can switch the screen on the S20 FE to 60hz easily. I suspect people will probably use it in 60hz unless they are into 120hz for gaming. The key here is choice and 120hz is there because that's what true flagships are offering.

And the bash on Samsung "bloat" is years old mentality. I have next to none I don't find functional. Samsung Pay is exceptional and arguably the leader in secure pay apps, Gallery syncs with my OneDrive well, Gear Wear is pretty awesome with my Galaxy Watch Active 2 and Galaxy Buds plus. The Gear Wear also interfaces with Samsung Health in a meaningful way. I prefer the Samsung Internet browser and its capability to utilize ad blockers and for general messages amongst friends Samsung Messenger has some very cool features.

IDK the Pixel phones are good do not get me wrong but I just don't see them making headway as far as sales goes. They seem to be decreasing year over year. In NA I see it being a two pony race between Galaxy and iPhone
    10-16-20 05:31 PM
    You can switch the screen on the S20 FE to 60hz easily. I suspect people will probably use it in 60hz unless they are into 120hz for gaming. The key here is choice and 120hz is there because that's what true flagships are offering.

And the bash on Samsung "bloat" is years old mentality. I have next to none I don't find functional. Samsung Pay is exceptional and arguably the leader in secure pay apps, Gallery syncs with my OneDrive well, Gear Wear is pretty awesome with my Galaxy Watch Active 2 and Galaxy Buds plus. The Gear Wear also interfaces with Samsung Health in a meaningful way. I prefer the Samsung Internet browser and its capability to utilize ad blockers and for general messages amongst friends Samsung Messenger has some very cool features.

IDK the Pixel phones are good do not get me wrong but I just don't see them making headway as far as sales goes. They seem to be decreasing year over year. In NA I see it being a two pony race between Galaxy and iPhone
    Yes, Pixel can be changed to 60Hz as well, but why would you do that when you pay for those nice screens? Reviewers all say having 90/120Hz is better than having 60Hz at a higher resolution.

You may like One UI, but it is technically bloat as it resides above stock Android - so it absolutely takes more juice.

Pixel will never be a big player. They are in it mainly to drive innovation and defragmentation and, along with Android One devices, to define pure Android.
    10-16-20 05:33 PM
52 123