I am just curious to know if anyone would be upset about this and why. Not trying to predict the future or jinx anything. Honestly, you have to prepare yourself for something like that; because promises could be broken.
    12-03-17 10:10 AM
    Phone working well right know with no issues, so it wouldn't bother me at all.
    Rico4you, Zolti and Bucky2016 like this.
    12-03-17 10:29 AM
    I have learned to expect no full system updates from blackberry ever. and considering motion also comes with 7.1 instead of oreo tells me we won't see oreo till "peanut brittle" is being released. most likely with the keytwo and motion2

We don't even have a current version of nugaut we have an older 7.1.1 and we get monthly updates a month late (still better then most other manufacturers) so yeah I keep my expectations very low.
    I just hope blackberry mobile proves me wrong.
    12-03-17 10:32 AM
    I don't mind it taking a while - since they harden each release - but I would expect them to keep the phone relatively up to date for two years. At least here in the US, that seems to be the general life expectancy.
    drpearson likes this.
    12-03-17 10:41 AM
    I have learned to expect no full system updates from blackberry ever. and considering motion also comes with 7.1 instead of oreo tells me we won't see oreo till "peanut brittle" is being released. most likely with the keytwo and motion2

We don't even have a current version of nugaut we have an older 7.1.1 and we get monthly updates a month late (still better then most other manufacturers) so yeah I keep my expectations very low.
    I just hope blackberry mobile proves me wrong.
    I was thinking that android "P" would be called Peppermint lol. Just seems like the likely name of it that they would choose. I agree with you. If you keep expectations low, you wouldn't have to be worried about being let down.
    12-03-17 10:44 AM
    Phone working well right know with no issues, so it wouldn't bother me at all.
    I don't think it would bother me either. Nougat has everything I need and more. Oreo is not that big of an update anyway tbh.
    12-03-17 10:45 AM
    would probably slash my wrists to be honest.
    FF22, mithrazor, joewoo and 1 others like this.
    12-03-17 10:48 AM
    Well, the glass screen can be conveniently and INconveniently popped off for that purpose. (g
    12-03-17 11:46 AM
    KeyOne and Oreo... yeah keep dreaming, we don't even get timely security updates and have to find ways to load the latest updates like using an Auto Loader or test mode
    12-03-17 11:51 AM
    ⛑⛑ sending help...
    Mercuryuser likes this.
    12-03-17 11:54 AM
    I am just curious to know if anyone would be upset about this and why. Not trying to predict the future or jinx anything. Honestly, you have to prepare yourself for something like that; because promises could be broken.
    Not really. There isn't too many major features in oreo. Nougat works just fine.
    12-03-17 12:35 PM
    but once BlackBerry announced it, a retraction of that would look very bad and sales of KeyONE might trail off as a consequence given it would look like an "old" model...
    12-03-17 12:41 PM
    I don't think it would bother me either. Nougat has everything I need and more. Oreo is not that big of an update anyway tbh.
    Exactly, was on a Nexus 6P that received the O update, and on Android Central the consensus was exactly the same. There is an improved battery management and it was a noticeable wee bit longer battery life. It was said the changes were all underneath the hood, which if it makes it's all come together better I'm all for that. Even if it isn't obvious. But gosh, < See how Canadian I can be! LOL) with KEYone's battery life, which is to me 30% better than Passport there is no need for battery improvement. So, I can live without it but I believe it was promised by TCL that the KEYone would get Oreo, but I will never turn down an OS upgrade.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-03-17 12:43 PM
    Oreo under the hood is a huge update with a new LTS kernel. Probably the biggest update to android since donut.
    12-03-17 01:28 PM
    All updates are nice, but I certainly wouldn't throw out my currently-awesome KEYone if it didn't get Oreo. At this point, this is the first device in a long while I can see keeping past my contract expiry.

Until the KEYtwo or whatever it's called is announced, anyway.

I tend to upgrade devices regularly enough that the OS is not too far out of date.
    12-03-17 05:14 PM
    but once BlackBerry announced it, a retraction of that would look very bad and sales of KeyONE might trail off as a consequence given it would look like an "old" model...
    IF they were to pull back on releasing an OREO update, it would because TCL had decided to pull out of the licensing partnership... they wouldn't be worried about looking bad.

And based on how little the other two license have done and there has been no sign of any interest in licensing BlackBerry Secure... I doubt BlackBerry Ltd would feel any need to cover the cost of updates themselves. Which would probably lead to montly updates ending too...

Anyway they have said they are happy with sales and the OREO is in the works, just have to put "faith" in that.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-05-17 07:20 AM
    IF they were to pull back on releasing an OREO update, it would because TCL had decided to pull out of the licensing partnership... they wouldn't be worried about looking bad.

And based on how little the other two license have done and there has been no sign of any interest in licensing BlackBerry Secure... I doubt BlackBerry Ltd would feel any need to cover the cost of updates themselves. Which would probably lead to montly updates ending too...

Anyway they have said they are happy with sales and the OREO is in the works, just have to put "faith" in that.
    Faith, the pablum of the unwashed masses...

Sent from my BBB100-1 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-05-17 07:55 AM
    Faith, the pablum of the unwashed masses...

Right now, it seems more likely that Oreo will come to the KEYone as announced than that BlackBerry Mobile will quit the Android brand. No faith is required.

I think anyone buying what is essentially a startup company's first product recognizes that there is more risk of the company failing than with an established manufacturer.

But BlackBerry Mobile has been moving aggressively into many markets at a 3-4 device per year pace, so there is no reason to think they are going to suddenly quit.

If they do, then it wil be the end of BlackBerry as a hardware brand, but I'll still be happy with my KEYone purchase.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-05-17 08:26 AM
    I want my black and white cookie
    12-05-17 09:13 AM
    Well, another interesting thread full of speculation. They announced it will come and we need to wait a while to see if that's true or false.
    12-05-17 09:17 AM
    If they are trully working on the update, I think is because TCL already payed for that.

I don't see how the will asume the cost of developing the update just in case TCL doesn't pull back.
    12-05-17 09:20 AM
    i would be mad but more so because they said it was coming. if they were to have said in the first place it wasnt, i would be a little heated but that would be because the phone is a few months old (Black Edition) and not giving upgrades like that would be displeasing.
    12-05-17 09:42 AM
    I wonder to what extent BlackBerry Mobile has any say-so over what TCL is doing.

12-05-17 10:37 AM
    i don't care about oreo it just a minor upgrade, i am happy with 7.1.1 ony care about security patch for each month
    12-05-17 01:04 PM
    I would really be disappointed - today's we depend a lot on updates, for security specially but also performance and features - BUT most of, if they said they will and then they don't - that's dishonest, basically liaring ... which upsets me if done in person or by companies ... !!! out-integrity-conduct ...and I am bit shattered by many of you guys just kind of would accept this, but also why the heck is this post here - they have said so and we should not expect any less to happen, why question???
    rolfep likes this.
    12-05-17 01:41 PM
45 12