I think the Mercury would serve you well considering your needs.. and in terms of camera quality, I think that BlackBerry has kept improving on it.. (Passport<Priv<DTEK60)..

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 07:59 PM
    You would be a fool to make that switch

#whatisclassic
    01-29-17 10:08 PM
    Worst case is that you will pay more than you want for a BB10 device and then get much less than expected when you go to sell it.
    😂😂 too good!
    01-30-17 06:36 AM
    Coming from a Note 5, have you considered the Mate 9? It's an awesome 5.9 inch phone! Has a small 5.5 inch form factor it's about the size in your hand as an iPhone 7 Plus or Nexus 6P, BUT the screen IS bigger (smaller bezels). The software is excellent, close to stock, BUT the EMUI skin has some REALLY nice features in particular a homescreen toolbar, with flashlight, sound recorder, calculator, etc, and a handy (iPhone like) swipe down to search feature. It even has an IR remote blaster to control your TV (and troll your friend's TVs, it's such a laugh to secretly change channels when a whole group is watching - yea yea I'm a ball breaker!) And of course you CAN add the Hub and other BB apps!
    01-30-17 12:11 PM
    It sure looks nice I moved from the Priv to the Note 5 and love it and I have been a BB fan for many years and still have a classic AS A back up and had two Passports which the PKB was amazing and once you move to android you wont look back.

I fired up my Classic a month ago and used it for a day, wow it was like learning BB10 all over again and shut it back down. BB has some great features like Tap 2 times to wake screen, Android cant do it and all the apps that say can are crap I miss the tap to wake a lot. along with some of the other cool features but Android is my OS and loving my Note 5 65 gig gold
    01-30-17 06:56 PM
    ... BB has some great features like Tap 2 times to wake screen, Android cant do it and all the apps that say can are crap I miss the tap to wake a lot. along with some of the other cool features but Android is my OS and loving my Note 5 65 gig gold
    You can double tap to wake up the DTEKs: Settings: Device: Advanced Interactions: Double tap to wake.
    01-30-17 07:31 PM
    I've been a BB guy since the Storm lol. Stood in line 5 hours for that thing Hahaha.

I'm now using a Note 5 and OnePlus 3T and will definitely be getting a Mercury asap. The Passport SE was the perfect phone for me, I just hated running Android apps 3rd party. If the PP came out running Android, it would be a homerun imo.

I think the Mercury will be the closest to the perfect phone for my needs and honestly can't wait to get one.
    01-30-17 08:24 PM
    You can double tap to wake up the DTEKs: Settings: Device: Advanced Interactions: Double tap to wake.
    Not on the Samsung Note 5 its a BB cool thing I miss unless there is something im missing I hate pressing the button at that bottom
    01-30-17 09:25 PM
    Not on the Samsung Note 5 its a BB cool thing I miss unless there is something im missing I hate pressing the button at that bottom
    Not sure when or if Nougat is coming to the Note 5 but both devices that I've had running Nougat have had the double tap to wake the screen. I'm not sure, but I think this was one of the upgrades to Nougat? Hopefully someone can clarify.
    01-30-17 09:53 PM
    As itchy as I am to want to buy a passport, dtek60 and mercury, I'll probably wait till a couple months after its release. I've installed a host of BlackBerry apps and finally have the hub up and running but I'm struggling to sync my Hotmail account. Any advice on that?
    01-31-17 08:58 PM
    ... I'm struggling to sync my Hotmail account. Any advice on that?
    Get the current details from Hotmail and use the Advanced Settings to set the incoming and outgoing Mail Server names and port numbers.
    01-31-17 09:17 PM
    Get the current details from Hotmail and use the Advanced Settings to set the incoming and outgoing Mail Server names and port numbers.
    Done and done! Much appreciated 👍

Is if Feb 25th yet? 😫
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    02-01-17 04:48 AM
    ROFL...ROFL!
    02-01-17 08:35 PM
    That is a fairly solid idea. Since prices are decent at the moment ill check it out. Worst case as you said I can resell it.
    The only problem is you probably won't be able to sell it. A couple of weeks ago someone I know offered to sell me his Passport OG for $80 CAD. I said no thanks as I already have an OG and an SE that is sitting in my closet collecting dust.
    02-01-17 08:45 PM
    The only problem is you probably won't be able to sell it. A couple of weeks ago someone I know offered to sell me his Passport OG for $80 CAD. I said no thanks as I already have an OG and an SE that is sitting in my closet collecting dust.
    Geez. Seems to be a bit of a waste considering what kind of an awesome device the SE appeared to be. I'd be willing to take it off your hands if you so wished 😆 for a price of course lol

No world of a lie, changed my entire note 5 set up to run everything through the BlackBerry suite of apps and hub, I've never been so productive in my life. I'm loving it! Granted it's not authentic..but the note 5 speed helps run the launchers and app's smoothly.
    02-02-17 05:48 AM
    Geez. Seems to be a bit of a waste considering what kind of an awesome device the SE appeared to be. I'd be willing to take it off your hands if you so wished ������ for a price of course lol

No world of a lie, changed my entire note 5 set up to run everything through the BlackBerry suite of apps and hub, I've never been so productive in my life. I'm loving it! Granted it's not authentic..but the note 5 speed helps run the launchers and app's smoothly.
    Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my SE but because certain apps I used on it either barely worked or stopped altogether along with the fact I can't use my smartwatch with it was the reason I packed it away. If you can deal with the app gap I'd say the SE is a perfect device if you can get one for cheap. It actually has been my all time favorite device.

Thanks for the offer, but I like to keep all my old phones for sentimental reasons so I won't be selling any of them...I think I have more than 40 or 50 old phones now and some of them are probably only a year old LOL although I'm still using my Priv as my main phone and it's more than a year old too.
    Anel Kapur likes this.
    02-02-17 12:29 PM
    Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my SE but because certain apps I used on it either barely worked or stopped altogether along with the fact I can't use my smartwatch with it was the reason I packed it away. If you can deal with the app gap I'd say the SE is a perfect device if you can get one for cheap. It actually has been my all time favorite device.

Thanks for the offer, but I like to keep all my old phones for sentimental reasons so I won't be selling any of them...I think I have more than 40 or 50 old phones now and some of them are probably only a year old LOL although I'm still using my Priv as my main phone and it's more than a year old too.
    Lol I can absolutely relate to that! I still have a bunch of old Nokia's and I used to be obsessed with the 8250 purely because of the blue back light 😂 ah memories
    02-02-17 01:43 PM
    Speaking of note 5.. Does anyone know why my whatsapp and Facebook /messenger notifications no longer show up in the hub? They were working up until this morning. The hub shows that it has a notification but nothing is shown on the he screen or in the specific folder.
    02-04-17 01:26 AM
    Hey all!

I'm a long time admirer of blackberry devices and have been very intrigued by the Mercury since it was first announced. Going on the potential specs it will have to offer what do you peeps think about switching from a note 5 which has been my daily workhorse for a good 2 years now. I work as a health practitioner so it's emails, messages, browsing and photos as the primary concern. I love the idea of a QWERTY keyboard to power through my work but I'm concerned with Amera quality potentially on offer. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated 😊
    You'll be happy the insane amoint of Samsung bloatware is gone!
    02-13-17 09:46 AM
69 123