Hey all!

I'm a long time admirer of blackberry devices and have been very intrigued by the Mercury since it was first announced. Going on the potential specs it will have to offer what do you peeps think about switching from a note 5 which has been my daily workhorse for a good 2 years now. I work as a health practitioner so it's emails, messages, browsing and photos as the primary concern. I love the idea of a QWERTY keyboard to power through my work but I'm concerned with Amera quality potentially on offer. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated 😊
    Nathan Conley and bodjor like this.
    01-23-17 04:01 PM
    Sure!
    01-23-17 04:10 PM
    I love the idea of a QWERTY keyboard to power through my work but I'm concerned with Amera quality potentially on offer.
    From this sentence alone, I think a QWERTY keyboard is just what the doctor ordered!
    01-23-17 04:22 PM
    You're never going to beat a QWERTY keyboard for hammering out e-mails and messages. I still use my BB10 devices for*anything work related as I require a higher level of accuracy there. I don't think you'd go wrong at all by making the switch.
    bruce73 likes this.
    01-23-17 04:52 PM
    If you want a keyboard, this should be a great option. I'm looking forward to it for that reason.
    01-23-17 05:00 PM
    Hands down you'll love a pkb for what you're looking to do with it.

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    Anel Kapur likes this.
    01-23-17 05:33 PM
    You will love the phone for its physical keyboard. I've been running BlackBerry since the 8310 with a couple of VKB phones mixed in when forced via work. On the PRIV now and seriously can't imagine not having the PKB. Virtual keyboard = type, type, re-read, go back, delete, retype. Accuracy is through the roof when you get used to the PKB. Good luck.
    01-23-17 07:35 PM
    You could just do this.
    01-23-17 08:17 PM
    Wow, I knew they had those cases, but I didn't know they were so bulky.
    01-23-17 09:52 PM
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that looks hideous to me lol.

Posted with my  Classic
    Jrox74 likes this.
    01-23-17 10:11 PM
    Thank you to everyone for responding. I've always admired the blackberry passport SE but never made the jump. Im hoping the Mercury has a good workable camera and I'm absolutely sold.

As for the note keyboard case.. Woof.. Lol. Can't see myself bringing that one out on show. Definitely behind closed doors 😅
    01-23-17 10:13 PM
    Needs some duct tape !

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 10:37 PM
    Hey all!

I'm a long time admirer of blackberry devices and have been very intrigued by the Mercury since it was first announced. Going on the potential specs it will have to offer what do you peeps think about switching from a note 5 which has been my daily workhorse for a good 2 years now. I work as a health practitioner so it's emails, messages, browsing and photos as the primary concern. I love the idea of a QWERTY keyboard to power through my work but I'm concerned with Amera quality potentially on offer. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated ������
    I think better you go try out the demo set for snappiness, feel, and most importantly if the keyboard is to your liking.
    I personally recommend it though, I'm getting one myself haha.
    01-23-17 11:47 PM
    I've tried this one and honestly it's worse than or on par with the Nokia E71's keyboard.
    01-23-17 11:48 PM
    I think better you go try out the demo set for snappiness, feel, and most importantly if the keyboard is to your liking.
    I personally recommend it though, I'm getting one myself haha.
    I agree. Only problem is in Australia it'll be difficult getting my hands on a trial device. I'll have to rely on reviews and videos. The make or break for me will be camera performance. I'm really hopeful that it'll be close to what I have with the note. Maybe a bit ambitious but one can only hope
    01-23-17 11:54 PM
    I agree. Only problem is in Australia it'll be difficult getting my hands on a trial device. I'll have to rely on reviews and videos. The make or break for me will be camera performance. I'm really hopeful that it'll be close to what I have with the note. Maybe a bit ambitious but one can only hope
    Or you can hope someone has it and is kind enough to let you use it haha
    01-24-17 01:30 AM
    Or you can hope someone has it and is kind enough to let you use it haha
    Lol this is also a possibility 😂 they will have my eternal gratitude
    xs27 likes this.
    01-24-17 02:44 AM
    Wow, I knew they had those cases, but I didn't know they were so bulky.
    And are total crap to use too...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    01-24-17 11:35 AM
    That case is something BlackBerry should come out with for a few of the flagship phone models using thier keyboard from the Mercury/Priv.
    01-24-17 11:42 AM
    Anyone switching or getting the Mercury has to be interested in a physical keyboard in some capacity.
    01-24-17 07:24 PM
    Anyone switching or getting the Mercury has to be interested in a physical keyboard in some capacity.
    Correct.

This isn't true for the Priv, which is a great phone even if you never use the keyboard, but the keyboard is fundamental to using the Mercury.
    01-24-17 07:32 PM
    I'm selling my s7 edge and getting the mercury day 1
    01-24-17 08:43 PM
    Who the hell wamts to do that??? Disgustimg......
    01-24-17 09:23 PM
    I think that pic should be used as part of the "Mercury's" marketing program. Just think what a side by side would do for Mercury's sales!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 09:39 PM
    The Mercury is rumored to have a better camera than the Dtek60 (which was well rated).
    Last edited by Nathan Conley; 01-28-17 at 06:21 AM.
    01-24-17 09:50 PM
69 123