Perhaps the CB staff can comment, but did TCL/BBmobile ever request any sort of active user regional number data?

I know the strategy with BlackBerry has been to minimize overstocking risk, but... I can't imagine it would be too difficult to at least satisfy the active CB user base.

Every negative forum thread and post becomes negative content that comes up when people search for the device, and can tarnish the young venture's perception (especially when it already had to dig itself out of the 'it's still BlackBerry' hole). I would have written off the risk cost as a PR expenditure.

The level of risk could be controlled by refining the definition of 'active'. At least one post in the last year/month? At least 5 page visits per month in the last year? At least one post in the KeyOne forum? at least x views in KeyOne related forum? etc. etc.

Is it that crazy to ask, how many 'active' CB users per device-model region? I can't imagine they didn't have some data considering they have been 'sponsoring' the forums.

*sigh* just longing for a KeyOne I guess...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 12:16 PM
    Some problems with your mostly good suggestion.

1. Not all active CB users will buy the KEYone. Some will hang on to BB10 until it comes back.

2. Some negative posters also never will buy the KEYone.
    06-01-17 12:26 PM
    I'm fairly active and I'm not buying it. It's definitely a bad metric.
    06-01-17 12:29 PM
    Not all active CB users will buy the KEYone. Some will hang on to BB10 until it comes back.
    Or use something else; I'm not buying a KEYone but I'm definitely not reaching back to BB10.
    06-01-17 12:40 PM
    Or use something else; I'm not buying a KEYone but I'm definitely not reaching back to BB10.
    You have the S8, right? I picked up the G6. (Of course as soon as I bought it we got more concrete news on the OP5 and Nokia).

But how is it? Did you root it to get rid of the bloat? No root for the G6 and it annoys me.
    06-01-17 12:47 PM
    You have the S8, right? I picked up the G6. (Of course as soon as I bought it we got more concrete news on the OP5 and Nokia).

But how is it? Did you root it to get rid of the bloat? No root for the G6 and it annoys me.
    I can't root it just yet, apparently there's some special hoops to jump through for root on a Qualcomm Samsung device. Still, while it isn't as lean as a device from a minor OEM, I don't notice any of the horror stories people tell about pre-Nougat TouchWiz and all that.
    06-01-17 12:50 PM
    I can't root it just yet, apparently there's some special hoops to jump through for root on a Qualcomm Samsung device. Still, while it isn't as lean as a device from a minor OEM, I don't notice any of the horror stories people tell about pre-Nougat TouchWiz and all that.
    Well, that's good. I'm waiting for root on the G6 as well, although that might just not happen period (one model has it, bla blah).

But it isn't too bad, not too many apps to get rid of.

Glad to know you're enjoying it. I certainly considered it. But price and a few other things made me choose against it.
    06-01-17 01:09 PM
    I understand it's an over estimate, but... how bad of one would it be? And like I said, if it creates a positive image (or limits the volume of negative posts),.. Maybe it's worth the risk?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 01:19 PM
    Have you read the negative posts? They keep repeating their opinions in several different threads. Now, if CB could limit them, like one "I really want BlackBerry to succeed, but this has been a botched launch" post per negative person, then it would limit a lot of negative posts, but unfortunately the same persons keep posting what they posted yesterday, and the day before, and... etc.
    06-01-17 01:28 PM