I never once used it. Now it will shut down May 31 and I would like to see the next update offer to remove it from my phone completely. Anyone else want their 29.58 MB back ?
    04-20-19 11:50 AM
    I never once used it. Now it will shut down May 31 and I would like to see the next update offer to remove it from my phone completely. Anyone else want their 29.58 MB back ?
    On a 32/64/128 GB device?
    04-20-19 11:52 AM
    I'm actually looking forward to an Enterprise subscription. I never liked or trusted Emtek's goofy consumer approach.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-20-19 12:41 PM
    Will miss BBM. I use it with several contacts and like it. I may look for another text messaging app to either augment or replace the one that comes with the OS. Any suggestions?
    Kersus likes this.
    04-20-19 02:46 PM
    The question is for The multitude of upgrades and improvements over years to BBM with other widely used apps nada !! And the space, though diminutive, is mine, not BlackBerry's...
    04-20-19 03:01 PM
    The question is for The multitude of upgrades and improvements over years to BBM with other widely used apps nada !! And the space, though diminutive, is mine, not BlackBerry's...
    The money to waste on any update like you speak of belongs to shareholders of Emtek or BB and the companies answer to and for them first.

You need to give either BB or Emtek an economic reason to care.
    04-20-19 03:06 PM
    They already trashed a hardware business and now trashed a worldwide communication business... why would one suspect they care?

Now network TV is plastered with Apple ads proffering iPhone security... I wonder if they are looking to crush BlackBerry & BlackBerry Mobile now...
    04-20-19 03:53 PM
    They already trashed a hardware business and now trashed a worldwide communication business... why would one suspect they care?

Now network TV is plastered with Apple ads proffering iPhone security... I wonder if they are looking to crush BlackBerry & BlackBerry Mobile now...
    Not BlackBerry as I don’t believe BBAndroid is significant part of their business model anymore. As far as iPhone, they’re focusing on another differentiator with the budget to go after. BBMo isn’t really on their radar.
    04-20-19 03:58 PM
    On a 32/64/128 GB device?
    It is bloatware...
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-20-19 04:27 PM
    It is bloatware...
    Are we discussing the principle here? I thought it was about the actual memory theft. My AT&T device are full of bloatware...
    04-21-19 05:57 AM
    It has been bloatware for my purposes since Passport thru Priv to KEYᵒⁿᵉ and it is of limited gain but would show a modicum of respect for the few remaining customers ...
    04-21-19 10:40 PM
    Our group has already moved to BBMe. From end of May we won't need BBM any longer. Emtek can do what they like.
    Hazo likes this.
    04-22-19 02:38 AM
    Good riddance to the Emtek version...let's get back to our roots.
    04-22-19 05:57 AM
    Good riddance to the Emtek version...let's get back to our roots.
    Except without Channels . . .
    04-22-19 07:21 AM
    Except without Channels . . .
    .....and ads....lol.
    04-22-19 10:24 PM
    I want to see BBMe add SMS support. Then it will become my default messaging app.
    Kersus likes this.
    04-23-19 12:22 AM
    I want to see BBMe add SMS support. Then it will become my default messaging app.
    Now there's an idea. Maybe the SMS integration into Hub would mirror the now gone contemporaneous SMS listing of yore... but that may not do a thing for phone calls.

I've never used BBM app so I haven't the slightest idea what it does. I do know it has shown more updates over the years than anything else...
    04-23-19 01:31 PM
    Now there's an idea. Maybe the SMS integration into Hub would mirror the now gone contemporaneous SMS listing of yore... but that may not do a thing for phone calls.

I've never used BBM app so I haven't the slightest idea what it does. I do know it has shown more updates over the years than anything else...
    Yeah great Idea... it's been wished for, forever here. Especially when Apple actually went and did it with iMessage.

It's less likely to happen today than it was way back when... for the same reasons that HUB isn't likely to get SMS support either. Cost of meeting all the requirements of different carriers is just too high.
    04-23-19 01:39 PM
    Yeah great Idea... it's been wished for, forever here. Especially when Apple actually went and did it with iMessage.

It's less likely to happen today than it was way back when... for the same reasons that HUB isn't likely to get SMS support either. Cost of meeting all the requirements of different carriers is just too high.
    I would think BBM could send and receive SMS like Signal, WA, Telegram, etc. Without requiring carrier approval, so long as it send through the SMS app on the phone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-23-19 01:42 PM

The old BBM was iMessage before iMessage. It provided all the functionality that Apple fans appreciate today (less recent innovations like animoji and Apple Pay):

- sms
    - encrypted end to end messaging. When device encryption was used, you had true encrypted data at rest and data in transit.
    - encrypted voice call
    - RCS (read / sent / writing) notifications

Like I mentioned, this one investment would create a full feature set and user epic.

I already pay Luke Klinker $5 a year for Pulse SMS. He does a good job, but I would happily pay $5 a year to BB for the rest of the functionality.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-23-19 01:48 PM
    and actual clean video chat that never really came to be in the BlackBerry family.
    04-24-19 09:16 AM
    Will miss BBM. I use it with several contacts and like it. I may look for another text messaging app to either augment or replace the one that comes with the OS. Any suggestions?
    I was concerned about BBM Personal disappearing until I spoke my family (three users).
    After tryout, for messaging only, the phone provided Messaging works just as good as BBM.
    04-24-19 04:00 PM
    .....and ads....lol.
    Yeah, there were no ads on BB10 Channels.
    04-25-19 03:45 PM
    I am trying to find a replacement but so far nothing comes close. WhatsApp didn't last long with us. Kik wasn't at all useful. Telegram has potential but is clunky and the location service doesn't really work. Signal is okay but seems slow.

We'll try BBMe but I'm unlikely to convince all my friends to get it.

BBM is my primary means of communication and has been for years. I will miss it.
    04-25-19 06:12 PM
    BBMe is fine. IMO, much better than the Emtek version. Fast, slick, no ads, no bloat. Very similar to the old BBM.
    04-26-19 04:04 AM
26 12