I'm currently using a Nexus 6P and I'm happy with the performance but my battery is quickly deteriorating. I mostly use it for messaging, heavy web browsing, email, youtube, and Spotify. I'm looking to replace it with the Keyone but I'm having trouble deciding on the version. Im buying it outright so the original silver version will cost $498 and the Black edition will cost me $698.

I actually like the look of the silver more but I'm worried about upgrading to a phone with less ram than my Nexus. The increased storage capacity doesn't really matter much to me though.

There's a pretty big price difference. So does that extra gig of RAM make a big enough difference to justify an extra $200? I don't use many processor intensive apps so I'm wondering if I can expect a comparable experience coming from the Nexus 6P?
    01-11-18 05:39 PM
    I'm currently using a Nexus 6P and I'm happy with the performance but my battery is quickly deteriorating. I mostly use it for messaging, heavy web browsing, email, youtube, and Spotify. I'm looking to replace it with the Keyone but I'm having trouble deciding on the version. Im buying it outright so the original silver version will cost $498 and the Black edition will cost me $698.

I actually like the look of the silver more but I'm worried about upgrading to a phone with less ram than my Nexus. The increased storage capacity doesn't really matter much to me though.

There's a pretty big price difference. So does that extra gig of RAM make a big enough difference to justify an extra $200? I don't use many processor intensive apps so I'm wondering if I can expect a comparable experience coming from the Nexus 6P?

Well, the topic has been discussed many times. There always are people who tell you that one more GB of RAM is a better choice for the future, but there are also many people who actually compared both editions and didn't notice any difference in performance. I'd say it's not worth spending additional $200, but it also depends on how much money you have. If you are a rich guy, then I'd say sure, go for the black one, it might make a difference after all. Myself, I have got the silver edition and didn't notice ANY shortages in performance, I'm not a very heavy user, though. On the phone overall, a very good choice you've made, you're gonna love it. The battery life is unbelievable, the keyboard is lovely, and unless you have any issues with the size of the screen there is really nothing wrong about this phone, a stellar device.
    01-11-18 10:21 PM
    Thank you eldeadache for this great reply. I went ahead and picked up the silver Keyone yesterday and have been very pleased with the performance. It feels every bit as fast as my old Nexus if not faster.

I love having a BlackBerry again!

It sure was an interesting experience at the Sprint store. I had several other customers coming up to look at the new phone and asking questions as soon as the box was opened.
    eldeadache likes this.
    01-13-18 10:42 AM