OK, I have been reading a lot about K1, I also tried old broken black Passport (I did not liked SE keyboard) which has some problem with connection of antenna - couldn't connect to the network and it is not locked, which I got a year ago very cheap as brick (I unbricked it by flashing fw ). I cannot get use to Passport 3row keyboard, which is why I am still using Classic. But I wanted to try capacitive keyboard which I was told is more fluent and faster then on androids.
    Choosing the predicted word by swipe is no use for me, I am still tapping on shift and other virtual keys - so I would tap on back/circle/square all the time. Also the scrolling is usable only in landscape - this is so comfortable, I can hold Passport in one hand, display is the same rotated and easily scroll. But this is hard to do with wide screen. So scrolling is not usable for me.
    Only usability is swipe left to delete word which is not a deal breaker for me (you do not need to delete word because PKB is more precise ), only selecting in text is great and I use it a lot with trackpad on Classic.

KeyTwo has better processor, Speedkey, probably fixed reception problems which K1 had (still have?) I do not have ideal coverage at home but still good, problem is at my work, company owns big steelglassed building with too many BTSs around and all my previous phones and actual one (Nokia E7, Q10, Classic) are eating battery because of this switching from one station to another.. and loosing signal inside building. If this is happening with Classic, which I believe has good antenna, what would happen with K1 with which many people had problems?
    Used K1 Black - 350€, new QWERTZ 320€ (I found a cheap way to import it from Germany) or 400€ K2 LE 32GB if they do not change the price in Europe.. Wait a few months to let them fix initial problems and buy K2 LE seems not the best option.

K2 LE has the keyboard almost the size of K2 which has keyboard more or less the same as Classic. K1 has the keyboard the smallest from these.. :/
    https://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...439,10881,8854

Are the problem with coverege of K1 really the problem? Also some people on reddit have problems with wifi and bluetooth. Are all these problems because of metal body which will K2LE's plastic body fix?
    09-18-18 05:37 AM
    I am still unsure if K1 or K2LE is worth the money. I want PKB but when I am reading reviews on reddit, horrible reviews when people does not have working wifi for 6 months, slowing BB Hub, BB Launcher slowing down everything and so. I want a phone for at least 2-3 years..
    IS it really that bad or only a few people have problems? I am not heavy phone user, but I get used to some small problems with BB10 already, but not working wifi for a week is a big thing for me, 6 months is.. eh. too much O.o
    09-24-18 06:49 AM
    I am still unsure if K1 or K2LE is worth the money. I want PKB but when I am reading reviews on reddit, horrible reviews when people does not have working wifi for 6 months, slowing BB Hub, BB Launcher slowing down everything and so. I want a phone for at least 2-3 years..
    IS it really that bad or only a few people have problems? I am not heavy phone user, but I get used to some small problems with BB10 already, but not working wifi for a week is a big thing for me, 6 months is.. eh. too much O.o
    I have the KEYone. It’s BBAndroid and not BB10. When you switch OS, remember, it’s a different OS and meant to be that way. I have WiFi and Oreo and it’s seems pretty good. I would recommend only get the 4/64 KEYone for next two years. If you want longer get the Key2 LE 64gb since you’ll have one upgrade to Pie from Oreo. Typically, Android seems to grow storage needs. DTEK released with 16gb and 32gb models just two years ago. Imagine using 16gb model now. Basically, you have two years with KEYone and three years with Key2 LE. Divide price/model years and you can tell best deal.
    09-24-18 07:14 AM
    I have the KEYone. It’s BBAndroid and not BB10. When you switch OS, remember, it’s a different OS and meant to be that way. I have WiFi and Oreo and it’s seems pretty good. I would recommend only get the 4/64 KEYone for next two years. If you want longer get the Key2 LE 64gb since you’ll have one upgrade to Pie from Oreo. Typically, Android seems to grow storage needs. DTEK released with 16gb and 32gb models just two years ago. Imagine using 16gb model now. Basically, you have two years with KEYone and three years with Key2 LE. Divide price/model years and you can tell best deal.
    Ideally, I want the phone for 5 years , I would not even think about switch from Classic if newer android runtime would be released (which will not be) - have it 2,5 year already. I do not need Pie, (from what I know, it still is not that fluent and easy as BB10 was), I am not expecting it with K2LE, but I will upgrade it available .
    It is hard to image how it will be working on Key2 with android not-in-screen buttons, also the app switcher - I will set it not to tile option which I have seen in BBmo video which I prefer and is the most similar to BB10 (and Sailfish).

Now, watching available K1s, black version is harded to get for a good price - mostly similar to K2LE 32GB. I have problem with K2LE that in my country is oficially slate colour only with 32GB.. Oh, btw, my father had until previous month, Alcatel phone with android and only 2GB memory! He was unable to install any bigger app like navigation even with clean phone.. (I told him not to buy it but it was so cheap... )
    09-24-18 07:33 AM
    Ideally, I want the phone for 5 years , I would not even think about switch from Classic if newer android runtime would be released (which will not be) - have it 2,5 year already. I do not need Pie, (from what I know, it still is not that fluent and easy as BB10 was), I am not expecting it with K2LE, but I will upgrade it available .
    It is hard to image how it will be working on Key2 with android not-in-screen buttons, also the app switcher - I will set it not to tile option which I have seen in BBmo video which I prefer and is the most similar to BB10 (and Sailfish).

Now, watching available K1s, black version is harded to get for a good price - mostly similar to K2LE 32GB. I have problem with K2LE that in my country is oficially slate colour only with 32GB.. Oh, btw, my father had until previous month, Alcatel phone with android and only 2GB memory! He was unable to install any bigger app like navigation even with clean phone.. (I told him not to buy it but it was so cheap... )
    If you want five years, then only semi realistic choice is Key2 or Key2 LE 64GB and don’t worry about the color. Put in a case with color of your choosing.
    09-24-18 08:21 AM
    If you want five years, then only semi realistic choice is Key2 or Key2 LE 64GB and don’t worry about the color. Put in a case with color of your choosing.
    I am little worried about this because it will be hard to use it for 5 years. Quality control of TCL seems to be very bad. There are Priv users still using Priv but many switched already.. And, it is questionable if I would or would not destroy it angry about some stupid glitch - seems these BBdroid have lot of them.
    I thinks I will wait until K2LE is released and then watch for problems. If K1 black is available cheap sooner, I may get it (and sell later if not happy with it). K2LE might be my first phone bought as new ..
    I like the pouch I have with Classic, I have seen similar pouch for K1 so this would be my first try, I do not like cases on the phone all the time, like back covers. They are hard to fit on car holder (I use Brodit). Also, not that nice as the phone itself.. Also, on atomic, I do not like that only sides and lines on keyboard are red. All red or only the sides and that is nice
    09-24-18 02:42 PM
    PRIV wasn’t TCL. I’ve owned them all from BBOS and since. KEYone build has been fine. Many glitches including my own are user error. Main issues with BBMo is lack of carrier support which is necessary here in the USA. I carry my KEYone in a Stilgut Black Leather Talis case. With Android, just buy the newest device you can afford, carry it as long as you can and know that after 2-3 years, device is getting old. That’s all OEMs running Android.
    I am little worried about this because it will be hard to use it for 5 years. Quality control of TCL seems to be very bad. There are Priv users still using Priv but many switched already.. And, it is questionable if I would or would not destroy it angry about some stupid glitch - seems these BBdroid have lot of them.
    I thinks I will wait until K2LE is released and then watch for problems. If K1 black is available cheap sooner, I may get it (and sell later if not happy with it). K2LE might be my first phone bought as new ..
    I like the pouch I have with Classic, I have seen similar pouch for K1 so this would be my first try, I do not like cases on the phone all the time, like back covers. They are hard to fit on car holder (I use Brodit). Also, not that nice as the phone itself.. Also, on atomic, I do not like that only sides and lines on keyboard are red. All red or only the sides and that is nice
    09-24-18 04:19 PM
    I am little worried about this because it will be hard to use it for 5 years..... And, it is questionable if Ior would not destroy it angry about some stupid glitch - seems these BBdroid have lot of them.

Using a KEYᵒⁿᵉ in 2023 might turn out to be just as challenging as using a Classic in 2018 so I say go for it as you seem to be the right man for the job

And based on that very logic... if you still haven't smashed your Classic in anger by now and it's late 2018 we're talking about then...you kind of get the idea...

As for glitches potentially aggravating a Classic user to the point where they'd smash their KEYᵒⁿᵉ in anger - I made the switch from Classic to KEYᵒⁿᵉ BE and I've never been happier with a phone, let me tell you... things just work... what a relief... Of course I do realize we're all different and are looking for different things in phones. Just my two cents given I'm a former avid Classic user.
    Last edited by shandy-R2D2; 09-24-18 at 07:08 PM.
    09-24-18 06:50 PM
    PRIV wasn’t TCL. I’ve owned them all from BBOS and since. KEYone build has been fine. Many glitches including my own are user error. Main issues with BBMo is lack of carrier support which is necessary here in the USA. I carry my KEYone in a Stilgut Black Leather Talis case. With Android, just buy the newest device you can afford, carry it as long as you can and know that after 2-3 years, device is getting old. That’s all OEMs running Android.
    Using a KEYᵒⁿᵉ in 2023 might turn out to be just as challenging as using a Classic in 2018 so I say go for it as you seem to be the right man for the job

And based on that very logic... if you still haven't smashed your Classic in anger by now and it's late 2018 we're talking about then...you kind of get the idea...

As for glitches potentially aggravating a Classic user to the point where they'd smash their KEYᵒⁿᵉ in anger - I made the switch from Classic to KEYᵒⁿᵉ BE and I've never been happier with a phone, let me tell you... things just work... what a relief... Of course I do realize we're all different and are looking for different things in phones. Just my two cents given I'm a former avid Classic user.
    I know that in Android world it is standard 2 years, maximum 3 years and you are out of updates.. But it should work fine more or less, but there will be security risk.

The difference with Classic and Keys will be that Classic is ideal phone for me. Ideal weight, size - not big, not small. I can use it in gloves, use trackpad to click on pages (without zooming in), easy text selecting.
    Keys are big, too long. I am not sure if I will be happy with it and anything else will makes me angry . I think . The only problem with Classic is battery (almost 4 years old, easy to change but do not want if I buy a new phone this year) and android runtime. I do not count EOL next year and no paid apps in BB World. Otherwise, it is ideal phone for me.
    With Keys, I will be still looking at new version if they make smaller version. With Classic, I totally forgot about any other phones and I did not cared about other phones, I was happy .

But with PKB, I have no choice :/.
    If getting newest android is best option, then K2LE it will be. I won't miss capacitive keyboard, but will miss trackpad a lot. K2 is too expensive and K1BE is harder to obtain then I have thought it would be - they cost almost the same new as when black edition was launched. Only german QWERTZ is cheap. Used one are all QWERTZ here or costs almost K2LE..

Thank you guys for all your posts! It helped me a lot
    09-25-18 06:24 AM
    Thinking of usability of androids, I just realized that I bought broken Nexus 5 a year ago - just for curiosity if I can fix it (I did but not gsm part/antenna, everything else works) and if yes, try it as 3D glasses and then try Sailfish on it. Pity that it cannot connect to network for real test..
    But my wife confiscated the Nexus so she could be on facebook when breastfeeding, now she plays some games on it, make photos of our boy and share them. She is very happy with it and I upgraded it to Nougat - on the phone from 2013. And I have seen that they are working on Oreo. None of this is official but LineageOS. Still, it works great. But all this needed unlocked bootloader which won't happen with BBdroid.. Or will they allow unlock it after 3 years of security updates?
    09-25-18 02:18 PM
    I've had my KEYone For a year. For me, it is absolutely NOT one-handable for anything more than the occasional, simple message. For example, to switch accounts in the Hub one has to swipe from the right hand bezel, as opposed to anywhere on the screen in BB10.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-25-18 02:33 PM
    I've had my KEYone For a year. For me, it is absolutely NOT one-handable for anything more than the occasional, simple message. For example, to switch accounts in the Hub one has to swipe from the right hand bezel, as opposed to anywhere on the screen in BB10.

You can just press A instead of swipe
    09-25-18 02:52 PM
    You can just press A instead of swipe
    Thanks. But the A is on the same side of the phone as the bevel and requires a lot more precision. For a task I perform several hundred times every day, BB10 is easier because it's a shorter reach, the phone's are smaller ND it requires less precision.

That's my general experience with BlackBerry on Android. All the functions are still there, obviously, and Android does a million things that BB10 doesn't do. But the things I actually do all day are better designed and engineered on BB10. I enjoy the best of both worlds with the KEYone for apps and the Z10 for messaging and phone.

09-25-18 03:23 PM
    I have both the Classic and the KEYone black edition. I used the Classic for almost two years, then switched to the K1 last year, and for whatever reason now, I have been using my Classic again. Wow did I ever forget how much I appreciated the Classic's form factor! Not only that, but calls are actually LOUD enough on the Classic; whereas, on the K1 it's harder to hear callers, especially in noisy environments. I keep switching my SIM card between the two devices as I find pros to both of them. Having the better camera on the K1 is a plus, especially with having a toddler, but the Classic's average camera forces me to be a bit more deliberate in taking pictures, and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing...
    gouger05 and skkayman like this.
    10-30-18 11:06 PM
    A few settings can be enabled to help classic-ify the keyone. First two being:
    - enable accessibility setting for power button to end call
    - enable double clicking spacebar to answer call.

Second, if you are like me, you will want to completely degoogle the keyone. It can be done. You can uninstall or disable all of the Google apps except the play store, which brings you close to a BB10 experience. Here are my recommended replacements:
    - email, calendar, notes, tasks, etc: hub suite and BlackBerry apps that come with phone.
    - maps: here maps
    - voice assistant: dragon
    - photos: simple photos, or BlackBerry photos app from apkmirror if you can still find it
    - documents: microsoft word, excel, etc.
    - sms: yataa (ad free and very customizable, plus supports enter key to send message)
    - browser: keyboard browser. It is DEFINITELY worth paying for, as it is exactly like BB10 browser and now has adblock too!

Yes, I have completely uninstalled or disabled all google apps except the play store. And it is glorious - usually get 3 or 4 days of battery life! It will require a few hours of investment to configure all the replacements though, but it is worth it.

Keyone with oreo update and degoogled is very fast and fluid. The BlackBerry apps are very good and are on par with BB10.

Worst part is the form factor - yes it is quite a bit bigger and clumsier than the classic. Supposedly the Key2 is more grippy and easier to hold though.
    Google Play cannot be removed or disabled? How to disable or uninstall all google apps? Just uninstall as standard applications? I really do not want any google stuff - a few apps from play store can be easily obtain from apkmirror or using yalp..
    11-01-18 05:17 PM
    4 months with K2LE and I can say it was not worth the update..
    Yes, I can use better browser. But the system does not work with me. Phone is too long, keyboard is badly integrated and is much worse then on Classic (maybe K1 has better keyboard feeling?).
    I wished I bought some ugly VKB phone for 1/4 of key2le price :/.

Replaced classic battery for a new one but the battery life is pretty bad. So there must be something eating it because three years ago, it was phone with two days battery life which is now up to 6 hours..

I need to format the phone, wipe everything and install only really used and needed apps but that will be problem probably as paid apps are missing now in bb world . Any way to backup apps installed on the phone? But only SOME of them?
    04-11-19 04:07 PM
    4 months with K2LE and I can say it was not worth the update..
    Yes, I can use better browser. But the system does not work with me. Phone is too long, keyboard is badly integrated and is much worse then on Classic (maybe K1 has better keyboard feeling?).
    I wished I bought some ugly VKB phone for 1/4 of key2le price :/.

Replaced classic battery for a new one but the battery life is pretty bad. So there must be something eating it because three years ago, it was phone with two days battery life which is now up to 6 hours..

I need to format the phone, wipe everything and install only really used and needed apps but that will be problem probably as paid apps are missing now in bb world . Any way to backup apps installed on the phone? But only SOME of them?
    So why do you dislike your LE exactly?
    04-11-19 05:25 PM
    So why do you dislike your LE exactly?
    His first paragraph clearly outlines his reasons why.
    04-11-19 05:30 PM
    I too have just changed from a three year old Classic to a K1 Bronze Edition.

Call quality is better on the k1 as is the battery life. However the screen format really isn't any larger than the Classic. Held sideways the video image isn't as high and the extra background each side is useless. The Classic's 1:1 format is just like a Hasselblad of yore.

Android is rather clumsy and nowhere as slick as BB10 but if Play Store apps are important then that's the way to go.

David.
    04-12-19 02:42 AM
    My departure from BB10 was going from the Passport to a Priv. You would be getting a much better phone than the PRIV in the KEYone.

I recommend you get a Black Edition if you can find one for your market.
    Last edited by jackcarr; 04-12-19 at 04:32 PM.
    04-12-19 06:26 AM
    I would get a keyone if the price is right. if it's not 100 for a silver or 150 200 for a black edition. it's not worth it. just go with a key2 or key2 le.
    04-18-19 03:21 PM
    I would get a keyone if the price is right. if it's not 100 for a silver or 150 200 for a black edition. it's not worth it. just go with a key2 or key2 le.
    I bought it at $279. I didn't think that was too bad. I switched from my Motion... at least for a while.
    04-18-19 08:48 PM
    I bought it at $279. I didn't think that was too bad. I switched from my Motion... at least for a while.
    Silver or black?
    04-19-19 12:10 AM
    Black Edition.
    04-19-19 03:36 AM
    Four words - no custom LED notifications! At least, without much pain and inconsistency and third party apps. To me this is a core blackberry feature that has been left behind.
    08-29-19 02:25 PM
51 123