Hello, I am still using Classic as my everyday phone. I using it for calling, a lot of texting, emails, facebook messenger (Messenger lite from playstore.. does not eat batterry like I thought it would (Viber does it!), web browsing and internet banking.
    The only thing I see as cons - slow browser, some pages took aging to render and something it won't render them at all. But all pages I visit everyday, works fine. The thing is, for how long?
    Second, my bank just released new version of their internet banking android app and now needs at least 4.4 version. So I cannot use internet banking on the go.

Otwerwise, the Classis is perfect. Fits in my palm, my pocket. Not too big, not too small (like previously owned Q10). I can use it with one hand, even in winter and with gloves (standard gloves, nothing special for smartphone) using trackpad.
    This won't be probably possible with KeyOne, there is not trackpad and keyboard is capacitive. 1) So in winter, I would need to get hand out of gloves to use KeyOne or buy specialiazed gloves?
    2) The height of KeyOne, is it possible to use it with one hand only? I am still unsure if I will get used to android notifications and that means I have to use gesture from top of the screen - will I need to use second hand for that always or not? I have not long but not short hands.. I use a phone a lot on the go, looking when will the bus arrive (or, mostly in my city, not when is the time of arrival but how much it will be late ).
    3) Capacitive keyboard is similar to Passport - NO CURSOR in browser? Is there any option to setup cursor?
    4) No hardware key for answering call - can I answer the call, or deny it using keyboard? Without using touchscreen? Again, in winter I had to remove my glove to answer the call - uncomfortable..
    5) Android question, if the application freeze, would it freeze the system too? The back button or circle would be still working? Sometimes I tried android apps which froze, or full screen advert in browser - HW back button always worked on Classic. Can I use back button any time? Because on screenshots, most applications have back button on screen. Why would I use that and not the one between screen and keyboard.
    6) Running application switcher - can it be changed to something similar from BB10 or Sailfish? Thumbnail from every running app.
    7) Lock screen, does it contains BB10 locking screen with moving a map of number over my image and place number over specific place?
    8) Keyboard, it is ugly bacuse of the gloss but I do not look at keyboard when typing so it is OK. But the feeling of the clicking, it is more like Classic, Passport black or Passport SE? I did not liked Passport SE version..
    9) Can I remove Google apps? I do not use Google Drive and most of their services, so, is it possible to remove these apps? Usually android vendors do not allow it.. I had to flash LineageOS to my wife's Nexus 5 (she use it for some games at home, phone has broken antenna, got it cheap for trying 3D paper glasses and it was confiscated to play HP game )
    10) QWERTY/QWERTZ/AZERTY - after a year in sales and many updates, is it sitll impossible to change keyboard layout? If I buy german QWERTZ, can I change it to QWERTY? No problem for BB10..
    11) This is original pouch for Keyone? Is it active - lock the phone when put in? Like on BB10 devices? https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-KE...UvbUpU13275957
    12) Silver or Black? I will buy used as all my previous Blackberries. Black probably, I like the colours more but is it really better?
    13) BB Link/Blend alternative?

So, I am thinking to switch to KeyOne. KeyTwo is too expensive, not out of budget but I do not want to waste so much money on telephone . Yes, am that old fashioned, I would be happy with feature phone with good screen resolution. But there are none in market in my country which is usable and with qwerty keyboard..

I tried to look for my answers but mostly did not found what I wanted to know, so I am sorry if the answers are all there.. I want to know these things as there is not possible to try demo phone in shop, none have BBs in stock . And videos are not very usefull (at least which I watched..). Thank you for you help. I am still unsure if I should switch to BBdroid or not. I tried SailfishOS in Nexus 5 and I loved it. But without hardware keyboard, I am not sure if I want it. But I loved the gestures so much like I love them in BB10. And there are practically no gestures in Android. I have a feeling that Android is designed to imitate physical buttons on screen and it is not using the screen with gestures which would be much more practical (and probably hard to use for masses..
    09-09-18 03:57 PM
    09-09-18 04:47 PM
    That is simple answer . But from my point of view, I get working internet banking from my bank and some improvement in browser. Otherwise, it seems to me as downgrade..
    09-10-18 06:41 AM
    You've got a lot of questions. As someone who attempted to switch from a Classic to a KEYone, and who still uses the Classic and has the KEYone sitting on a shelf, it's a difficult transition if you're looking for a phone you can use one-handed. The KEYone is not a one-handed phone. It's simply too tall. Combine that with it having a much more slippery body than the Classic's, and you will have to use both hands to do most things with this phone. Also, not having the center button with the trackpad feature is a sorely missed function that is roughly replicated with the capacitive keyboard, but not well. It's just not as good, not baked into the operating system.

You can answer calls by double-tapping the spacebar, and hang up calls by pressing the power button, so those functions are effectively still physical controls, and very important to me. I can't stand having to use a touchscreen for call control. You never know if your tap will be accepted or ignored.

The keyboard feels rubbery compared to basically every other BlackBerry. It's much more like a Palm webOS-era keyboard. It works, but I find myself using it more with my fingernails for typing, whereas with the Classic I use my fingertips. I prefer the Classic's keyboard. It has larger keys that are sculpted better for accurate, confident typing.

The silver one is weaker than the black one in specs. If you can get a black one, I would recommend it, but I've never used one to give you first-hand experience. Bear in mind if you're using a CDMA carrier (such as Verizon or Sprint) you cannot use the black KEYone on those networks.

Battery life on the KEYone is much better than the Classic. Perhaps as much as four times longer life, in my experience. Rather than charging twice a day you may charge it once every two days.

The KEYone operating system is laggy, glitchy, and slow. Apparently if you strip away a lot of apps, including Google stuff and the Hub, you can get it to smooth out. I've done some of that, but apparently not enough. The phone simply isn't as fast as I expected, given it's 3 years younger than the Classic and has much better specs.

Android is not nearly as smooth and intuitive to use as BlackBerry 10 OS. You will have to adjust to that. It's supposed to get better with Android P, but guessing from previous experience with BlackBerry, the KEYones will not get Android P. That said, the Classic's Android sub-system is quite old at this point, and I can't use my banking app with it either, even with the work-arounds. You'll find this will be a continuing trend -- apps that get updated eventually won't work with the Classic anymore. That said, I still am using my Classic as my daily driver even though I keep trying out the KEYone for a few days here and there to see if I can adjust. It just isn't happening, and what may be the biggest single impediment to making the change is the size -- it's simply too large of a phone for me. Honestly, when I first got the Classic I thought that phone was too large -- wider and taller than my previous BlackBerry Bold, which I thought was ideally sized and still prefer. I can tolerate the Classic being a bit wider than I'd like, and a bit taller. The KEYone is the same width, but significantly taller. It looks like a caricature of a BlackBerry, like someone warped it, and it's not pleasant.
    09-10-18 08:18 AM
    I made the switch from Classic to keyone. The fact is there's no mobile OS like Bb10. That apart KeyOne is actually a good phone. Would have been a BETTER PHONE IF ONLY IT WERE RUNNING BB10.
    09-10-18 09:22 AM
    now is the time to switch and adapt to android. how long will the classic be supported? don't listen to those who say its too big. it feels nice in the hand and is comfortable to use. it runs very smooth. i have nearly forgotten the trackpad and the keyboard feels premium.
    09-10-18 01:06 PM
    now is the time to switch and adapt to android. how long will the classic be supported? don't listen to those who say its too big. it feels nice in the hand and is comfortable to use. it runs very smooth. i have nearly forgotten the trackpad and the keyboard feels premium.
    The Classic will be supported for about 15 more months. This isn't a debatable question -- BlackBerry has corporate contracts lasting that long. After that, sure, it's subject to speculation.

You do know that being able to use a phone one-handed means you can reach all of the controls and all of the screen without repositioning your hand, right? He asked about size for that reason. You may find it comfortable, but don't conflate personal comfort with the practicality of using it one-handed. Very few people have hands large enough to span the full height of the KEY series phones. It's disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

Regarding it running smooth, that's great you've had that experience, but clearly many people, including big BlackBerry fans, have had a different experience. Shrugging that off and stating definitively that the KEYone runs smooth is, again, disingenuous. Yours may. Many do not.

I'm glad you like your keyboard and its capacitive sensitivity functions. Clearly this is debatable, but I'd hope you'd at least acknowledge that the trackpad-like function isn't as deeply ingrained in the OS as it was with BB10. It's nice that scrolling works with a bigger control surface, allowing more precision. That is to say, when that works. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-18 04:15 PM
    OrlandoAlex: Thank you very much for that long and comprehensive post .
    That is similar to my experience with Passport. I love that device but it was unable to use with one hand. It is not tall but too wide. With KeyOne, you can write with one hand which was impossible for me with Passport (and I tried it about month to get used to is with one hand). Tapping on topleft part of screen was impossible too. I prefered black version keyboard which has a little more rubbery feeling but it has not rubbery buttons. SE was not that good for me but most people prefered it. Still, Classic's keyboard won with Passports comparison - best feeling from these three, great size, one hand operation, good response an 4 row.
    I will miss trackpad very much because I missed in in Passport! It is so great to use cursor in browser or do anything I want - moving text cursor (capacitive keyboard can do it), choosing items in menus (ck cannot do it? it only scrolls as Passport?).

Perfect, if I can answer call with double spacebar, it is exactly what I need. Still, green/red would be great but that is just nostalgic if I can replace it with other keys.

I did not used palm phones (only their PDAs - Vx and m500 without keyboards) so I cannot compare it. But before Blackberry, I used Nokia E7 which has rubbery buttons and I loved that keyboard. But it was probably only coated with rubber I think because the feeling was better then Classic! I knew exactly when I typed a character and when not. It was perfect but only two hand operation.

I know that black is more powerful, question is if it is needed. But I would hate to see any message like "out of memory". Flash is is not my problem, I am happy with 16GB miniSD card now and I do not plan to fill it more then half. Bu the question is RAM. But the Oreo might fix memory eating android?
    And I am from Europe so no CDMA here

Battery life, I thought that it would be hard to get all day life from any Android, so maybe I was wrong! When my battery was new, I have no problem with Classic to use for two days. Now it is about 24h of use, I ends with 60% battery at evening usually when I am home and usually have to recharge when I am at work - I work in glass/steel building with bad reception and probably many BTS fighting for my phone which eats battery fast. I am using it maybe a little more at home btw. So I will have no problem with 2-3 days then?

So it is possible to remove most google apps then. Without Hub, why blackberry? Keyboard is not the only thing I want from phone, I get addicted to BB Hub on Q10 and Classic and I cannot see my life without it. The Android notification system is a hell for me and totally blind system..

I thought the same about Classic, how big it is when I first hold it in my hand! I bought it after Q10 which two keys stopped working or when they worked, they doubletapped. It was in warranty and they returned me money. So I upgraded to Classic and have it for 2 years now. The best phone I ever had.

I cannot try K1 in hands because noone have it in stock in my country. Neither K2. I would buy used so can touch it before but still, it won't tell me if I will get used to it..
    I still do not understand why every android has back button (hideable or not) and again, back buttons on screen. The system, menus, all seems to be design by kid. Too big items in menu with small font and icon.

azum4u: KeyOne, a little lower and little wider with BB10 would be great. And with trackpad .

AhabSnake: At least a year from now, or at least the BB World will be functioning till end of 2019. Can you make a photo with K1 in one hand, how is it comfortable to use? I have feeling that for my finger, the Classic is on edge with height..
    OrlandoAlex was faster . I can sign under his last post about size .

I was thinking to buy some old cheap android phone like my wife's Nexus 5. She use it as small tablet at home and I can use it on the go for internet banking with internet tethering by wifi from Classic to Nexus. And also any other application I cannot use in Classic. Most of the time I would be on Classic. But I am unhappy how wast the end of 2019 is coming..
    09-10-18 04:31 PM
    A few settings can be enabled to help classic-ify the keyone. First two being:
    - enable accessibility setting for power button to end call
    - enable double clicking spacebar to answer call.

Second, if you are like me, you will want to completely degoogle the keyone. It can be done. You can uninstall or disable all of the Google apps except the play store, which brings you close to a BB10 experience. Here are my recommended replacements:
    - email, calendar, notes, tasks, etc: hub suite and BlackBerry apps that come with phone.
    - maps: here maps
    - voice assistant: dragon
    - photos: simple photos, or BlackBerry photos app from apkmirror if you can still find it
    - documents: microsoft word, excel, etc.
    - sms: yataa (ad free and very customizable, plus supports enter key to send message)
    - browser: keyboard browser. It is DEFINITELY worth paying for, as it is exactly like BB10 browser and now has adblock too!

Yes, I have completely uninstalled or disabled all google apps except the play store. And it is glorious - usually get 3 or 4 days of battery life! It will require a few hours of investment to configure all the replacements though, but it is worth it.

Keyone with oreo update and degoogled is very fast and fluid. The BlackBerry apps are very good and are on par with BB10.

Worst part is the form factor - yes it is quite a bit bigger and clumsier than the classic. Supposedly the Key2 is more grippy and easier to hold though.
    09-10-18 04:56 PM
    It's really interesting to see how our user experience varies. To me the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a much more user friendly device when it comes to one handed use. I simply turn on the swipe typing and take advantage of the suggested words and the swipe combo to type really fast and without any weight device balance issues (the VKB is located in the bottom-middle part of the device). And now with the 'scroll down the notification bar by scrolling down anywhere on the home screen' update of the BlackBerry launcher things have become even better! And then there are the long- and short press shortcuts so...it was just a matter of getting used to how things can be done differently - and in my case even better - than back in the days while still on my Classic.
    09-10-18 05:22 PM
    I use and frequently carry both. Short answer... nope. Classic is large enough to impact my type rate down to about 85% compared to 9900. K1 barely achieves 30% of 9900. Mostly because its dimensions are simply ridiculous. Imo. "Swipe type" is useless to my field because of thousands of one-off acronyms & nomenclature. Ridiculous oversize must seem like a great idea for those who don't use PKB?? Idk WHAT their "thinking" was, if any, but we'll be coerced to retire our Classic's, sooner or later. So far, K1-2 are the only thing going. Not saying much but... that's life. Lol.

All of that said, I do manage to single hand my K1 by grasping the belt clip of a Seidio spring clip holster. It required some trimming to clear k1's convenience key but... see below.

I like typing on K2 better and do a little better on type rate with it. Unfortunately, I'm on VZW so... K1 silver is my only "choice". Lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Is it worth to switch to KEYone from Classic?-img_20180328_021807.jpg  
    09-10-18 05:32 PM
    The Classic will be supported for about 15 more months. This isn't a debatable question -- BlackBerry has corporate contracts lasting that long. After that, sure, it's subject to speculation.

You do know that being able to use a phone one-handed means you can reach all of the controls and all of the screen without repositioning your hand, right? He asked about size for that reason. You may find it comfortable, but don't conflate personal comfort with the practicality of using it one-handed. Very few people have hands large enough to span the full height of the KEY series phones. It's disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

Regarding it running smooth, that's great you've had that experience, but clearly many people, including big BlackBerry fans, have had a different experience. Shrugging that off and stating definitively that the KEYone runs smooth is, again, disingenuous. Yours may. Many do not.

I'm glad you like your keyboard and its capacitive sensitivity functions. Clearly this is debatable, but I'd hope you'd at least acknowledge that the trackpad-like function isn't as deeply ingrained in the OS as it was with BB10. It's nice that scrolling works with a bigger control surface, allowing more precision. That is to say, when that works. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    I have no issues in helping people make their keyone run smooth. If i can get it lag free, hopefully they can. Regarding one handed use, believe it or not, sometimes i do use it one handed. I've now mastered the quick removal out of pocket with hand, can now type with the one hand and to compensate for no trackpad, i use quick up down shifting when i need to reach a top corner, and i position my pinky to secure the bottom grip for one handed typing. So basically had to evolve and adapt and master. When i'm more relaxed i tend to use both thumb typing. But my point is at the start i was meh, and then i started loving the phone.
    duodromic likes this.
    09-10-18 07:07 PM
    i do wish though for a key 3 they can implement a trackpad, just for the sake of having a real productivity feature to admire, and that they bring back the physical call buttons. it's annoying when on a call my ear can trigger a touch sensitive response and end a call. i now have to lock the screen while on calls.
    09-10-18 07:10 PM
    OrlandoAlex: Thank you very much for that long and comprehensive post .
    That is similar to my experience with Passport. I love that device but it was unable to use with one hand. It is not tall but too wide. With KeyOne, you can write with one hand which was impossible for me with Passport (and I tried it about month to get used to is with one hand). Tapping on topleft part of screen was impossible too. I prefered black version keyboard which has a little more rubbery feeling but it has not rubbery buttons. SE was not that good for me but most people prefered it. Still, Classic's keyboard won with Passports comparison - best feeling from these three, great size, one hand operation, good response an 4 row.
    I will miss trackpad very much because I missed in in Passport! It is so great to use cursor in browser or do anything I want - moving text cursor (capacitive keyboard can do it), choosing items in menus (ck cannot do it? it only scrolls as Passport?).

Perfect, if I can answer call with double spacebar, it is exactly what I need. Still, green/red would be great but that is just nostalgic if I can replace it with other keys.

I did not used palm phones (only their PDAs - Vx and m500 without keyboards) so I cannot compare it. But before Blackberry, I used Nokia E7 which has rubbery buttons and I loved that keyboard. But it was probably only coated with rubber I think because the feeling was better then Classic! I knew exactly when I typed a character and when not. It was perfect but only two hand operation.

I know that black is more powerful, question is if it is needed. But I would hate to see any message like "out of memory". Flash is is not my problem, I am happy with 16GB miniSD card now and I do not plan to fill it more then half. Bu the question is RAM. But the Oreo might fix memory eating android?
    And I am from Europe so no CDMA here

Battery life, I thought that it would be hard to get all day life from any Android, so maybe I was wrong! When my battery was new, I have no problem with Classic to use for two days. Now it is about 24h of use, I ends with 60% battery at evening usually when I am home and usually have to recharge when I am at work - I work in glass/steel building with bad reception and probably many BTS fighting for my phone which eats battery fast. I am using it maybe a little more at home btw. So I will have no problem with 2-3 days then?

So it is possible to remove most google apps then. Without Hub, why blackberry? Keyboard is not the only thing I want from phone, I get addicted to BB Hub on Q10 and Classic and I cannot see my life without it. The Android notification system is a hell for me and totally blind system..

I thought the same about Classic, how big it is when I first hold it in my hand! I bought it after Q10 which two keys stopped working or when they worked, they doubletapped. It was in warranty and they returned me money. So I upgraded to Classic and have it for 2 years now. The best phone I ever had.

I cannot try K1 in hands because noone have it in stock in my country. Neither K2. I would buy used so can touch it before but still, it won't tell me if I will get used to it..
    I still do not understand why every android has back button (hideable or not) and again, back buttons on screen. The system, menus, all seems to be design by kid. Too big items in menu with small font and icon.

azum4u: KeyOne, a little lower and little wider with BB10 would be great. And with trackpad .

AhabSnake: At least a year from now, or at least the BB World will be functioning till end of 2019. Can you make a photo with K1 in one hand, how is it comfortable to use? I have feeling that for my finger, the Classic is on edge with height..
    OrlandoAlex was faster . I can sign under his last post about size .

I was thinking to buy some old cheap android phone like my wife's Nexus 5. She use it as small tablet at home and I can use it on the go for internet banking with internet tethering by wifi from Classic to Nexus. And also any other application I cannot use in Classic. Most of the time I would be on Classic. But I am unhappy how wast the end of 2019 is coming..
    Yes you can take one haded shots, but i usually use both hands. I also moved up from the classic, and when i first sampled the feel of the keyboard, i loved it. It has theis smooth premium plastic feel to it. Probably being glossy has something to do with it. But i tried going back to the classic to compare and i had a hard time adjusting to the classic keyboard. But why not get a key2 or wait for key3?
    09-10-18 07:17 PM
    It all depends on what you need and want in a smartphone. There will be some things about the KEYone that will be familiar to you - other things will be completely different and you will have to adapt.

I would suggest considering a KEY2 LE, though, as it will be about the same price as a KEYone is going for now, except that it has a faster processor, better camera (at least on paper), and is much lighter than a KEYone or Classic.
    09-10-18 07:27 PM
    I'm not quite sure when people say K1 'lags'.

This was somewhat true with the Android 7.1 but not with Android Oreo. Oreo flies when connected to a fast Network.

High memory caused slowness on 7.1; accumulated junk hogged memory. This is not true with Oreo.
    That being said, if the app is properly written, it should work without lag ... I have deleted and replaced such apps to make things work faster.

After more than a year and half with K1, I have forgotten if I liked the BBOS. It is just a matter of getting used to a new thing. One thing that I don't miss from BBOS was lack of apps, those which I now have from Google Play.
    09-10-18 07:33 PM
    I would suggest considering a KEY2 LE, though, as it will be about the same price as a KEYone is going for now, except that it has a faster processor, better camera (at least on paper), and is much lighter than a KEYone or Classic..
    Key2 weight 168 grams (5.92 ounces) at Amazon about $650-679
    Key1 weight 180 grams (6.35 ounces) at Amazon $390
    Not much difference in weight, but big difference in price.
    (I don't now anything about LE pricing)

IMO, if you want a better price phone, get a K1 while they are available. Functionally K1 and K2 are essentially the same. They have (or will soon have) the same OS.
    Later, Android P will only be available on K2, not K1.
    09-10-18 07:40 PM
    I have no issues in helping people make their keyone run smooth. If i can get it lag free, hopefully they can. Regarding one handed use, believe it or not, sometimes i do use it one handed. I've now mastered the quick removal out of pocket with hand, can now type with the one hand and to compensate for no trackpad, i use quick up down shifting when i need to reach a top corner, and i position my pinky to secure the bottom grip for one handed typing. So basically had to evolve and adapt and master. When i'm more relaxed i tend to use both thumb typing. But my point is at the start i was meh, and then i started loving the phone.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply and further describe your experiences with the KEYone. It sounds like you've found a good workaround for the size of it. For me I think half of the reason the size is a problem is that the sides of the body are too smooth and thus too slippery, along with the back being less grippy than the Classic. They put a very nice textured back on the KEYone, but it simply isn't as easy to hold onto as with the Classic. It's the only phone I've ever owned where I felt like I needed a case, not just to protect it from falling (and I don't drop phones, this one just feels like it wants to fall out of my hand), but to give it a more textured surface to hold onto.
    09-10-18 07:49 PM
    Key2 weight 168 grams (5.92 ounces) at Amazon about $650-679
    Key1 weight 180 grams (6.35 ounces) at Amazon $390
    Not much difference in weight, but big difference in price.
    (I don't now anything about LE pricing)

IMO, if you want a better price phone, get a K1 while they are available. Functionally K1 and K2 are essentially the same. They have (or will soon have) the same OS.
    Later, Android P will only be available on K2, not K1.
    Those 12 grams difference between K1 and K2 actually do make quite a difference as far as comfort when holding and typing.

But I was talking about the KEY2 LE, which is 156 grams (5.5oz) - 24 grams lighter than the KEYone.

KEY2 LE is $399 for the 32GB model, $449 for the 64GB model.

And KEY2 LE will get the update to Android P, unlike the KEYone.
    09-10-18 08:02 PM
    I am very happy that KeyOne can be degoogled, most android phone does not allow it! And I do not need many replacements like voice assistant, calendar, documents - I do not use these .
    Never thought that I can replace the builtin sms/text application, but I would prefer to use hub for everything which is not possible. Android BBHub seems to be email client with notifications to other apps.. True, isn't it? I planned to use Firefox because of synchronization to desktop but Keyboard Browser is not candidate number 1

To say truth, I usually write with both hands - it is faster. But one hand writing is a must, controlling the screen with one hand would be perfect.
    It was impossible to write and control the screen with one hand with Passport so it had to go. But I loved the screen size of Passport, I prefer it over that long screen on Key1/2. For reading and writing, it is better. It 4:3 desktop LCD monitor wasn't only professional and expensive, I would buy that instead 16:9/16:10. Wide screens are cheaper for manufacturers because with the same screen size in diameter, the actual area is smaller = cheaper to produce.
    I do not need phone for social medias (I do some chatting but that is good on any screen - chatting on fb is nearly 1:1 btw) or watching movies..

K1 vs K2..
    I am a weird man and I prefer if phone has more weight. My wife's Nexus is so light that I am afraid to even hold it and not crash it. That is what I love on Classic - 177g, almost K1 .
    Weight is not a problem .
    I do not need better camera, I am happy with the one in Classic (which is not very good). I have almost all time with me Ricoh GRD IV in my pocket or bag if I want to take a photo, or when on trip or just want to do some photography, I take Pentax DSLR with me.
    What is better with K2 is more ram and better grip. And the new button. And that is not worth that price difference. If I want Pie, I still can buy used K2 next year, or new K3.

K2 LE - no touch control on keyboard, that is a big minus for me. If KE L2 would have trackpad, no problem then. Or if it is smaller..
    I am from Europe and the price for K2 LE will be 400 € and as you can know, 1€ is not $1, it may be just a little less then $500 after conversion (it depends on bank rate from 470 to 490 USD).
    I have seen used K1s for 200€, up to 300€ in perfect condition. 350€ black version new from german amazon (unfortunatelly QWERTZ keyboard which I believe cannot be changed by software.. Does Oreo fix this?).
    If K2 LE has capacitive keyboard, I will be really thinking to wait a few months and save money for that price difference. Even when I do not want to pay more then 300€ because I do not think any smartphone is worth it, I have different preferencies in my life. And I do not want to argue about this, I paid much more for construction in our house and people says it is not worth it. So it depends on person.
    Is Android Pie so great and worth it to be able to update to it? Android world is not that important to me to follow it .

After all your comments (I appreciate it a lot! ), I am really thinking to give KeyOne a try. It can be degoogled and that helps a lot.. Also Black version with Oreo should not have problem with speed I hope.

I use a lot gestures on Classic. For example, when reading something in browser and just want to look who send me SMS because I did not catch the top notification. I just swipe up, then right and do not let the finger off the screen. Look at BB hub and now I can decide if I want the browser, messenger, .., to minimize or go back.
    Or switch to different application, swipe up, tap. Can the default android switched be configured or changed somehow? Because tap on rectangle, find the application by swiping and tap is not very pleasant. I always tap on X on applications I do not use. But I don't do it on old android tablet (not using it for a year now because of bleeding screen) because I have to open running (or not running) apps and close it.
    09-11-18 05:01 AM
    skkayman,

the closest you will get to the peek and flow gesture of BB10 would be to use the productivity tab to swipe from the edge while you are on the browser reading. The other option would be using the convenience key mapped to the hub and the tapping square button to get back to the browser (or active application). Unfortunately the navigation of Android is not as fluid as BB10 and that is the one thing that many of us miss.
    skkayman likes this.
    09-11-18 11:33 AM
    Since Oreo, I have zero lag on my 3GB AT&T model KeyOne. I use mine one-handed with my pinky curled under the bottom of the phone. Typing however is pretty tough with one hand, so I use two hands any time I'm not just browsing around. As mentioned, battery life is insanely good. Honestly as far as Android phones go, it's easily my favorite over the various Galaxy phones (and others) I've had. Can't say anything about the Key2, but I can see my KeyOne lasting me another couple of years easily. Great phone.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-11-18 02:05 PM
    Oh, I forgot about notifications. I really hate how Android handle notifications. You have to swipe down from top of the sceen.. And it is really weird and hard to find later notifications.
    So without Hub, no android for me until they makes it usable. Does Hub handle all notifications or only some supported? I know that it opens the application, so I cannot use facebook messenger directly in Hub like it was in BB10, that is sad, but acceptable because I have good overview on notification.

Can I setup profiles like on BB10? Or any other previous mobile OS (Symbian, even my old Alcatel feature phone had profiles). Is it setupable like on BB10? On Nexus, my wife has nougat which has very weird setting for this. I have no control over it - I cannot setup I like I would like and was possible on BB10. Per application per profile, there are a few options, which are predefined and cannot be changed. Is this the same in BBDroid? Is it better in Oreo?

skkayman,

the closest you will get to the peek and flow gesture of BB10 would be to use the productivity tab to swipe from the edge while you are on the browser reading. The other option would be using the convenience key mapped to the hub and the tapping square button to get back to the browser (or active application). Unfortunately the navigation of Android is not as fluid as BB10 and that is the one thing that many of us miss.
    This should be change in Android Pie but it would be better to have K3 because it will be designed with gestures in mind, isn't it? Upgrading K2 to Pie probably won't have the best use of gestures, but maybe I am wrong . Navigation in Android is really not as fluid as BB10 has, that is the biggest problem for me. It is step back.. Even my old Nokia E7 with Symbian has better fluid and better integrated OS to HW and buttons comparing to any Android I have tried until now.

Since Oreo, I have zero lag on my 3GB AT&T model KeyOne. I use mine one-handed with my pinky curled under the bottom of the phone. Typing however is pretty tough with one hand, so I use two hands any time I'm not just browsing around. As mentioned, battery life is insanely good. Honestly as far as Android phones go, it's easily my favorite over the various Galaxy phones (and others) I've had. Can't say anything about the Key2, but I can see my KeyOne lasting me another couple of years easily. Great phone.
    There is smaller space under the keyboard on K1 comparing to Classic, and with taller phone, it must be harder to hold :/. K2 has bigger keyboard so it might help.
    If I buy K1 and won't go back to Classic (or switch to nonPKB (I am still looking on SailfishOS 3)), I will stay with it at least for 2 years or until no more security upgrade will be released and then go to used K3 or K4.
    09-12-18 02:49 AM
    A few settings can be enabled to help classic-ify the keyone. First two being:
    - enable accessibility setting for power button to end call
    - enable double clicking spacebar to answer call.

Second, if you are like me, you will want to completely degoogle the keyone. It can be done. You can uninstall or disable all of the Google apps except the play store, which brings you close to a BB10 experience. Here are my recommended replacements:
    - email, calendar, notes, tasks, etc: hub suite and BlackBerry apps that come with phone.
    - maps: here maps
    - voice assistant: dragon
    - photos: simple photos, or BlackBerry photos app from apkmirror if you can still find it
    - documents: microsoft word, excel, etc.
    - sms: yataa (ad free and very customizable, plus supports enter key to send message)
    - browser: keyboard browser. It is DEFINITELY worth paying for, as it is exactly like BB10 browser and now has adblock too!

Yes, I have completely uninstalled or disabled all google apps except the play store. And it is glorious - usually get 3 or 4 days of battery life! It will require a few hours of investment to configure all the replacements though, but it is worth it.

Keyone with oreo update and degoogled is very fast and fluid. The BlackBerry apps are very good and are on par with BB10.

Worst part is the form factor - yes it is quite a bit bigger and clumsier than the classic. Supposedly the Key2 is more grippy and easier to hold though.
    Where is the answer call with double tap spacebar option? I see hang up calls with power button under accessibility, but the other option i don't see anywhere. Also how did you uninstall the google apps? I have disabled all of them except google play services (which you need for play store, correct?) and google play store.
    09-13-18 02:11 PM
    Where is the answer call with double tap spacebar option? I see hang up calls with power button under accessibility, but the other option i don't see anywhere. Also how did you uninstall the google apps? I have disabled all of them except google play services (which you need for play store, correct?) and google play store.
    Some Google Apps cannot be truly uninstalled but "disabled", so yea that's that I meant for maps, Google search, etc.

On Oreo, the space key to answer calls is in accessibility settings right under power key to end calls. I forget where it is in Nougat, might have been in the phone app itself.

Edit: see https://m.crackberry.com/how-set-you...y-answer-calls
    09-13-18 04:27 PM
51 123