Literacy is dictated by kids. Oh dear.
    Kids or adults, good ol' times, are not the point I was trying to make.
    I think (only my opinion of course) we're seeing a big change in how common people does communicate,
    their phones and how they're used being a relevant and growing part of their sociality.
    Comes to mind of course Aristotle's "ἄνθρωπος φύσει πολιτικὸν ζῷον",
    and how its social behaviour is (always IMHO) more and more played on the smartphones,
    and, of course, how more and more the smartphones are targeted at that.
    How and where the humans talk, listen, read, write, communicate, socially interact, this was my point.
    05-19-17 09:24 AM
    Do you hold a laptop in your hand?
    The "computers have vkb" rationalizations still make me smile even now.
    Elephant_Canyon and kbz1960 like this.
    05-22-17 03:51 PM
    Do you hold a laptop in your hand?
    And in the same vein, do your type on your phone with all ten fingers?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-22-17 04:20 PM
    David Pierce. Obsolete tech blogger trying to be important again. Glad he ended up at Wired. Nowhere to go from there buddy.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-17 05:41 PM
    If i recall correctly, when a prominent member on cb reviewed the z10 - it was said it was probably the best keyboard experience at that time...and bb users should get used to it as it is the future. it was hard to move on to a vkb, though it does feel ancient uisng the pkb. Now quicker on the vkb...dont quote me, just personal experience.
    05-22-17 11:10 PM
    And in the same vein, do your type on your phone with all ten fingers?
    No, so why would I need a PKB?
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    05-30-17 12:04 PM
    Seems like the trolling is in full swing on cb.
    05-30-17 04:17 PM
    Enjoying the comments section more than the article. Truly a horrible review.
    05-30-17 05:02 PM
    [QUOTE=AlawiiAlQrsh;12877536]Were losing the headphone jack to have more space in the phone to put new whatever.

actually the headphone jack was lost only because one specific company had a Tremendous amount of "courage "
    05-30-17 05:06 PM
    Because it doesn't affect the size of the screen.....

If people wanted a PKB on their phones..... do you really think all the Android OEMs fighting for a chance to "stand out" would not offer one?

I expect TCL has an idea of just how small the PKB market is at this point... which is why they are charging a premium for it, along with keeping production level tightly controlled.

The reviewer was sadly commenting more on how the market will see this form factor and less about the phone. So it's not really a review of the phone.
    Reason no one is getting in line to manufacture a phone with a PKB could be that they are fighting to make a profit before spending more money on the extra costs with licensing of the BlackBerry keyboard technology or manufacturing. Not to mention it's still considered taking a chance especially if you not BlackBerry.
    Only Samsung is a standout winner when making profits on mobile phones.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 06:17 PM
    What about when the VKB isn't displayed..... maybe 95% of the time.

I get that some here love the PKB experience.... but the "market" has pretty much already spoken. Moto had some really popular horizontal sliders back in the day... don't anymore. Samsung too had a few different PKB phones.... they don't anymore. They do offer an accessory for the few that really want one, but don't see enough sales to justify dedicated PKB phones.
    Yes the market has decided on the old BlackBerry Curves and Bolds but that was also forced due to BlackBerry dragging their feet letting customers down with not keeping with new tech. What choice did most have other than the new iPhone of that day?
    I don't think that the market has decided on this new innovative style keyboard that BlackBerry has designed. Yes they have spoken on the keyboard of old but this new trackpad technology and implementation of shortcuts and swipes are just fantastic. I don't think we have seen the end of new innovative ideas that could spur from this new design and I know many who've tried it are loving it just as we all did when we left our old BlackBerry's and got an iphone 3G or 3GS.
    The introduction of this new tech is still too new and coming from the BlackBerry branding it may take some time to gain ground. I would bet if it had Samsung as a name on it there would be greater adoption at a quicker pace.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 06:26 PM
    I stuck it to Wired just the other day. I accessed its content from my computer. A nag screen showed up and said I had two options: 1) disable my ad blocker; or 2) pay $1/month. Well, guess what, Wired? Neither option was acceptable, so I went with Option 3: I opened the content from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone, switched to Reader mode, and read the content sans ads for free.
    05-30-17 07:25 PM
    I know many who've tried it are loving it just as we all did when we left our old BlackBerry's and got an iphone 3G or 3GS.
    There were a lot of alternatives to the iPhone at that time, just saying... Nokia and Sony Ericsson, amongst others, had some great smartphones back then, even way before the iPhone came out, but I guess they weren't as popular in the USA as they were in Europe and parts of Asia...
    05-30-17 08:17 PM
88 ... 234