1.) Yes, the face/mute or holding phone mute, is a slight pain.
    2.) The text enlargement could go one step larger
    01-19-18 02:35 PM
    Camera performance sucks especially they were bragging it had the same sensor as the Pixel.
    01-19-18 04:31 PM
    I think the quality is reasonably well. The second one is through windows. All of them are the original photos, and not edited.
    01-19-18 04:45 PM
    Two more.
    FF22, Mecca EL and Sigewif like this.
    01-19-18 04:59 PM
    The audio DAC.

Turning on the equalizer just makes it sound even worse.

Overall makes the device feel cheap when the sound is so awful.
    Try using a player that has it's own rendering engine that overrides the native audio like Neutron or similar. Huge difference in SQ, especially with quality cans or IEMs. If you're referring to the SQ of the phone speaker, I'm afraid nothing much will help that.
    01-20-18 09:59 PM
    Bluetooth sucks on this phone. I am on the road and drive a lot from meetings to meetings and hard to have a good connection on my Audi.... unbelievable as a work powerhouse there should be some major priorities for phone working properly...
    Lucky for me I've had great BT performance so far. I too do a lot of my day calls during my hour commute to and from work and so far no issues with pairing, disconnecting or call quality. My daily driver is a Toyota 4runner and my wife's rig (which I use some) is a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Both pair as soon as I turn the stereo on.

I also use a BT speaker at work sometimes that also handles my calls, no issues there either.

Same goes for the BT engine monitor I have in my 4Runner that works with an app on my phone for monitoring all my engine sensors and reads fault codes.

The only real issue I have with the K1 is the bottom mounted speaker and poor quality of it. My wish would be to have forward facing PlayBook speakers. They are still the best sounding speakers I've ever heard on a phone or tablet. The Wolfson audio chip in the PlayBook definitely assist with that sound as well.

I've gotten adept at not accidentally hitting my convenience key.

I've been very happy with the K1 camera so far. Low light and day video have been excellent and I use the camera for work quite a bit. I often have to take photos of component or aircraft discrepancies and send them to manufacturer tech engineers. They require high resolution photos so they can zoom in on particular areas for higher detail analysis. So far I've had several compliments on the quality, resolution and detail of the photos I've sent in. I can't speak for night video as I've never had the need yet.

As to the pkb, no real issues except I'd prefer the curved layout and shaped keys of my earlier Bolds.
    Fred Wu likes this.
    01-20-18 10:29 PM
    Its a chinese phone so expect the chinese quality.

-The antenna signal is absolutely terrible.
    -Phonecall quality even worse. People are always telling me how badly they hear me while we are having a phonecall. Thats unacceptable in a BlackBerry!!
    -its too laggy for a phone priced this high. But I guess that's the lagdroid since i've seen new S8 lag just as much.
    -Bluetooth antenna is so slow
    -Wifi antenna terrible.

That's terrible job BlackBerry/Alcatel.
    01-21-18 05:33 AM
    Aren't most smartphones made in china anyways?
    Qorax likes this.
    01-21-18 06:10 AM
    Yes, 90% of them. And even for those which are not - 90% of the parts inside are.
    01-21-18 06:32 AM
    Id like to see a more premium build quality
    01-21-18 06:54 AM

-The antenna signal is absolutely terrible.
    -Phonecall quality even worse. People are always telling me how badly they hear me while we are having a phonecall. Thats unacceptable in a BlackBerry!!
    -its too laggy for a phone priced this high. But I guess that's the lagdroid since i've seen new S8 lag just as much.
    -Bluetooth antenna is so slow
    -Wifi antenna terrible.

That's terrible job BlackBerry/Alcatel.
    I didn't experience anything you described.
    You may be bad luck to have a defective phone.
    01-21-18 07:34 AM
    Yes. But this is chinese all the way. It's noticable different from passport, Q10, Z30.
    I am mostly annoyed by call quality. Cant forgive them this. My friend who has the same phone has the same problems.
    Wont be contributing to this lost cause called BlackBerry.
    01-21-18 07:40 AM
    Yes. But this is chinese all the way. It's noticable different from passport, Q10, Z30.
    I am mostly annoyed by call quality. Cant forgive them this. My friend who has the same phone has the same problems.
    Wont be contributing to this lost cause called BlackBerry.
    Does your provider have HD calling?
    01-21-18 07:45 AM
    Since my KeyOne is brand new I do not have a lot of complaints, but visually the physical keyboard looks a bit odd being glossy
    The keys are glossy on the KEYone to mimic where the screen would have been if it was not a physical keyboard phone. If you look at it, even the bezel underneath the keys is glossy too, it was done on purpose to resemble a slab as much as it could.
    Last edited by RPCBlackberry; 01-21-18 at 08:59 PM.
    Pistooli and bigjman like this.
    01-21-18 08:43 AM
    The keys are glossy because on the KEYone to mimic where the screen would have been if it was not a physical keyboard phone. If you look at it, even the bezel underneath the keys is glossy too, it was done on purpose to resemble a slab as much as it could.
    Understood, makes sense actually... does not change my personal preference and option though. But thanks for clarifying.
    01-21-18 08:49 AM
    The worst part? Is about the sets itself, of course!

Posted via CB10 using awesome  Passport SE
    01-21-18 10:19 AM
    so then you'r filming in evening or at night or at the concert, camera does not try to re-focus all the time?
    You go to concerts to watch and listen, not to hold your phone up for the entire show like all the other millennial tools.
    01-21-18 10:30 AM
    For those who would like to disable the convenience key, download Button Mapper.

I would like to see the bottom half of the Classic (toolbelt and keyboard) with the screen being the correct ratio needed for Android.

better reception and some kind of wireless charging, either a similar way as other current devices or like the Bolds had with the dock.
    01-21-18 10:37 AM
    the worst feature of this phone is the glue used to hold it together. I had noticed that the flat panel on top was lifting up on one end. I pressed it down and put a case on. today, the left side of the screen lifted for no reason--I had not dropped it or anything. I bought this phone the day it was released. I have not even had it a year.
    01-21-18 05:23 PM
    the worst feature of this phone is the glue used to hold it together. I had noticed that the flat panel on top was lifting up on one end. I pressed it down and put a case on. today, the left side of the screen lifted for no reason--I had not dropped it or anything. I bought this phone the day it was released. I have not even had it a year.
    The initial batch of phones has the screen lift issues. It was not unexpected even if you did not experience the lift in the first few months.

I bought the phone a few month later when they announced they would fix the problem. I even dropped my phone last month, a bad one, flew out of my hands, the screen is still intact, but a little damage to the back. Will book a repair to see whether I can replace the back cover.
    01-21-18 05:32 PM
    My only true grip with the Keyone is the individual speaker at the bottom. I wouldn't mind giving up the headphone jack to have stereo speaker. (same way the iPhone did.)

Don't get me wrong it is not a bad speaker but to have two speaker grills and one speaker is silly to me. That's like having dual exhaust with just one side working.
    01-21-18 05:46 PM
    Use Scotch tape or similar to hold the screen in place and prevent the very thin, fragile screen cable from tearing. Then call BB Mobile for warranty help.
    01-21-18 07:15 PM
    Thank you FF22 for the advice about the screen.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-21-18 10:26 PM
    Their sim card trays are crap.
    01-21-18 10:45 PM
    I somehow mute phone calls with my face.
    There should be apps like "Call Hang Up Preventer" or "Cheekey Hang Up Guard" which you might use to lock the screen during a call.

I don't understand why the calling screen is not custumizable. Also the dialer app itself is one of the worst parts of the Keyone since it is not customized to the keyboard in any way.

In General I think the phone is fine, it just has the flaws of Android which in many ways doesn't have a good support for keyboard phones.

The speaker is surprisingly bad. Also the microphone is worse than on my Q5, people sometimes ask me to repeat a sentence. All in all the Keyone is a great Android device, but the Q5 was the better phone.

Oh yes, and the SIM and SD Card was easier to change on the Q5.
    01-23-18 06:18 PM
67 123