The Keyboard; it just doesn't feel as tactile as previous PKBs. It also feels very cramped for some reason, perhaps because I consider the Passport to have the best PKB of all time but even older versions don't feel as bunched up.
    Maybe I am an outlier. But I like the PRIV keyboard better than the KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard, though I prefer the rounded corners on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, and generally find it to be a decent keyboard. I have been using both since I got my KEYᵒⁿᵉ last June. It isn't about the size of the keyboard but just about the responsiveness of the keys on the PRIV. As for the shiny keys of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, I think they are fine. And I love the look of my silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ with its frets.
    01-23-18 08:17 PM
    the worst feature of this phone is the glue used to hold it together. I had noticed that the flat panel on top was lifting up on one end. I pressed it down and put a case on. today, the left side of the screen lifted for no reason--I had not dropped it or anything. I bought this phone the day it was released. I have not even had it a year.
    I hope you contact BBMobile because they have said they would make good on these phones from the initial batch. From what i have heard they have been responsive regarding this issue.
    01-23-18 08:23 PM
    There should be apps like "Call Hang Up Preventer" or "Cheekey Hang Up Guard" which you might use to lock the screen during a call.

I don't understand why the calling screen is not custumizable. Also the dialer app itself is one of the worst parts of the Keyone since it is not customized to the keyboard in any way.

In General I think the phone is fine, it just has the flaws of Android which in many ways doesn't have a good support for keyboard phones.

The speaker is surprisingly bad. Also the microphone is worse than on my Q5, people sometimes ask me to repeat a sentence. All in all the Keyone is a great Android device, but the Q5 was the better phone.

Oh yes, and the SIM and SD Card was easier to change on the Q5.
    You hit the nail, the main problems are Android (other than the screen lifting)?

Why do they think you want to see a persons picture when you look them up in your contacts? And to not be able to turn that feature off? No wonder there's over a million application for Android, that's like admitting it sucks out of the box...

Blackberry didn't need over a million apps because it was mostly good as it was!
    01-24-18 12:48 AM
    You hit the nail, the main problems are Android (other than the screen lifting)?

Why do they think you want to see a persons picture when you look them up in your contacts? And to not be able to turn that feature off? No wonder there's over a million application for Android, that's like admitting it sucks out of the box...

Blackberry didn't need over a million apps because it was mostly good as it was!
    Don't worry. You eventually get used to Android.
    01-24-18 05:43 AM
    Don't worry. You eventually get used to Android.
    Getting used to the bad keyboard integration?

Why would I need a keyboard phone then?

I think since Android is partly open source maybe Blackberry can contribute there and help making it more ready for keyboard phones, if they still want to sell some in the future.
    01-24-18 06:36 AM
    Getting used to the bad keyboard integration?

Why would I need a keyboard phone then?

I think since Android is partly open source maybe Blackberry can contribute there and help making it more ready for keyboard phones, if they still want to sell some in the future.
    My comments were specifically to Soapm's general Android comments in my reply.

We're on year 3 of BBAndroid. It does keep getting better. It will continue to get better. It will never be the same as BB10. Consumers rejected BB10 for a billion different reasons, literally.

If Google, regarding Android, wants to allow certain features because of consumer demand and it makes sense for Google to allow it, they will.
    01-24-18 08:01 AM
    Audio quality is horrible. Needs a stronger DAC.

3GB ram is not enough.

Happy with everything else.
    01-24-18 09:47 AM
    My comments were specifically to Soapm's general Android comments in my reply.

We're on year 3 of BBAndroid. It does keep getting better. It will continue to get better. It will never be the same as BB10. Consumers rejected BB10 for a billion different reasons, literally.

If Google, regarding Android, wants to allow certain features because of consumer demand and it makes sense for Google to allow it, they will.
    I guess what I'm asking of BB is to make their own apps. Bring back Reminder, their contact book and calendar, we know we have to stick with Android but if BB could give us good default apps, I would be happy (and hopefully others will return).
    01-25-18 01:15 AM
    I guess what I'm asking of BB is to make their own apps. Bring back Reminder, their contact book and calendar, we know we have to stick with Android but if BB could give us good default apps, I would be happy (and hopefully others will return).
    Aren't the default contacts and calendar BlackBerry now? And the Notes and Tasks are BlackBerry (just Remember separated)?
    01-25-18 06:25 AM
    If BBMo wants to pay for these BB apps, you might see them. Problem is that, many people have moved and like other similar apps better.
    01-25-18 06:27 AM
    My only complaint is that KEYone lag sometimes for me when I use browser, Google assistant, switching keyboard language, Facebook. I may be spoiled with latest and greatest smartphone speed but it does get annoying sometimes. I disabled hub and it come little better but still lags. I do reboot and clear cache every few days. I had total of 4 KEYone so it's not like I have lemon. If KEYone had superior processor without lags, I would be so happy.
    01-25-18 10:30 AM
    Camera

and running android
    01-25-18 11:34 AM
    Aren't the default contacts and calendar BlackBerry now? And the Notes and Tasks are BlackBerry (just Remember separated)?
    Look like Android apps to me, maybe I'm wrong but they look the same on all other android devices.
    01-25-18 10:44 PM
    thank you bro to highlight issue.
    I was also want to buy blackberry keyone

majidawan
    01-26-18 12:21 AM
    Look like Android apps to me, maybe I'm wrong but they look the same on all other android devices.
    Those 4 apps are by BlackBerry on my K1.
    01-26-18 06:12 AM
    01-26-18 10:12 AM
    crazy lag other than that this phone is good
    RK_BB likes this.
    01-26-18 10:48 AM
67 123