With my giving last shot with BlackBerry phones and after using KEYone Black Edition for 3 months.. now I can say Camera or/and Camera app is the worst part of Keyone. BlackBerry did a terrible job with Camera app, worst Camera app I have ever seen and image quality is similar to <200$ phones.. literally

When you'r filming video at night (and it doesn't matter if with camera app or with instagram or any other app) camera is always out of focus and its always focusing something what is wrong with it??

Quality in evening and night is poor in general. It's 2018 not 2009, camera is one of the main reasons why people buy iPhone Samsung or Huawei!

What camera app all other KEYone users are using?

+ disappointing speaker (not speakers), wish it had Passport SE stereo speakers

What are your worst parts of KEYone?

++ my dream phone for KEYtwo would be if they put Huawei P10 camera with Huawei camera app and Passport SE stereo speakers if they want me to get a new KEYtwo, that's it.. or KEYone be my last BlackBerry.
    Qorax likes this.
    01-18-18 04:50 AM
    As I've said (too many times now) on these forums, the absolute worst part of the KEYone is the glossy, individually attached keys. A close second would be the capacitive keys being...capacitive instead of software (on-screen).
    As for OP, I have no complaints at all about the camera.
    skinnymike1 and Mrs Teapot like this.
    01-18-18 06:51 AM
    As I've said (too many times now) on these forums, the absolute worst part of the KEYone is the glossy, individually attached keys. A close second would be the capacitive keys being...capacitive instead of software (on-screen).
    As for OP, I have no complaints at all about the camera.
    so then you'r filming in evening or at night or at the concert, camera does not try to re-focus all the time?
    01-18-18 06:55 AM
    I constantly add suggested text to an open text message when trying to back out of the app. I wish the three buttons were bigger (and I have small hands).

Convenience key is easy to hit.

I somehow mute phone calls with my face.

The different volume controls don't switch over fast enough.

Backing out of some apps that open from the Hub takes two taps.

Even after months, I am constantly hitting the wrong buttons to move between screens.

I also don't like that app controls are in different places in all apps. And the options in the Hub at the top need bigger icons.
    Flatman likes this.
    01-18-18 07:00 AM
    The audio DAC.

Turning on the equalizer just makes it sound even worse.

Overall makes the device feel cheap when the sound is so awful.
    BLAZEDv3 and Flatman like this.
    01-18-18 08:25 AM
    Bluetooth sucks on this phone. I am on the road and drive a lot from meetings to meetings and hard to have a good connection on my Audi.... unbelievable as a work powerhouse there should be some major priorities for phone working properly...
    JWW likes this.
    01-18-18 08:28 AM
    I think the outside hardware of the phone is great, but there is room for improvement. the reception needs to be stronger, the speakers and ear piece both need a higher quality component, and the proximate sensor doesn't seem to work sometimes (screen turns on when I'm on a phone).
    01-18-18 08:55 AM
    I love everything about the KEYone but I want the Toolbelt buttons to be physical and it would be the perfect phone in my book
    flexmaen likes this.
    01-18-18 09:01 AM
    I agree that the camera (or its app) sucks. The Priv camera was way better.

The glossy keys on the 4/64 make swiping difficult .
    01-18-18 10:21 AM
    The camera results are by far the worst part, but this is a productivity tool. Emails text like a monster all day, scan docs with a suitable app, the odd photo fine, for media you would use an iPhone, to me it's my business phone
    01-18-18 10:32 AM
    For Camera, I would turn the HDR off and it should not go out of focus that much.

For me the worst are sound, Bluetooth and bad multitasking performance.
    Even with 4 GB RAM, the phone fails to keep that many apps in the memory after a little work.
    Flatman likes this.
    01-18-18 12:02 PM
    For Camera, I would turn the HDR off and it should not go out of focus that much.

For me the worst are sound, Bluetooth and bad multitasking performance.
    Even with 4 GB RAM, the phone fails to keep that many apps in the memory after a little work.
    HDR is off all the time, but camera focus still goes crazy then you try to take a photo or video at night.. is it only me????
    01-18-18 12:32 PM
    I also have the face/mute problem. Interestingly, with the headphones my mute button does not function as mute, it just hangs up calls.
    01-18-18 01:03 PM
    Since my KeyOne is brand new I do not have a lot of complaints, but visually the physical keyboard looks a bit odd being glossy
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-18-18 01:12 PM
    HDR is off all the time, but camera focus still goes crazy then you try to take a photo or video at night.. is it only me????
    Night shots can always be tricky with phone cameras. Only the high-end ones usually perform better if not perfect.

Here are couple of photos I took from my Keyone in the night.
    I wasn't too worried about them since the scene was too dark.
    FF22, skinnymike1 and Qorax like this.
    01-18-18 01:19 PM
    With my giving last shot with BlackBerry phones and after using KEYone Black Edition for 3 months.. now I can say Camera or/and Camera app is the worst part of Keyone. BlackBerry did a terrible job with Camera app, worst Camera app I have ever seen and image quality is similar to <200$ phones.. literally

When you'r filming video at night (and it doesn't matter if with camera app or with instagram or any other app) camera is always out of focus and its always focusing something what is wrong with it??

Quality in evening and night is poor in general. It's 2018 not 2009, camera is one of the main reasons why people buy iPhone Samsung or Huawei!

What camera app all other KEYone users are using?

+ disappointing speaker (not speakers), wish it had Passport SE stereo speakers

What are your worst parts of KEYone?

++ my dream phone for KEYtwo would be if they put Huawei P10 camera with Huawei camera app and Passport SE stereo speakers if they want me to get a new KEYtwo, that's it.. or KEYone be my last BlackBerry.
    Didn't buy the KeyOne for the camera or ability to take videos. This falls to the bottom of wish list or needs. In addition, the phones you mentioned are for the masses who's primary use is to take selfies to post on social media.
    01-18-18 01:20 PM
    The camera results are by far the worst part, but this is a productivity tool. Emails text like a monster all day, scan docs with a suitable app, the odd photo fine, for media you would use an iPhone, to me it's my business phone
    Agree 100%
    62jmw likes this.
    01-18-18 01:22 PM
    Night shots can always be tricky with phone cameras. Only the high-end ones usually perform better if not perfect.

Here are couple of photos I took from my Keyone in the night.
    I wasn't too worried about them since the scene was too dark.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...777a7e17c3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f203b45aea.jpg
    They don't look to bad to me. IMO
    01-18-18 01:23 PM
    reception
    01-18-18 01:33 PM
    They don't look to bad to me. IMO
    Yep it's not too bad. The day ones turns up pretty well.
    Here's a sample from the same cloudy day shooting a video

FF22 likes this.
    01-18-18 01:52 PM
    I also have the face/mute problem. Interestingly, with the headphones my mute button does not function as mute, it just hangs up calls.
    We must be holding it wrong lol.
    01-18-18 02:59 PM
    Capacitive Buttons

Convenience Key position and functionality

Power Key position
    Mrs Teapot and Pistooli like this.
    01-18-18 03:35 PM
    Bluetooth sucks on this phone. I am on the road and drive a lot from meetings to meetings and hard to have a good connection on my Audi.... unbelievable as a work powerhouse there should be some major priorities for phone working properly...
    Check my post here: https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13120431
    01-18-18 09:52 PM
    I have no complaints about the camera at all . Actually, it is quite impressive.

I was in Disney Shanghai last month. The final light show was so crowded, and I ended up viewing the light show through the recordings screen just using the BB camera app by raising my hand for 15mins. It is a long distance from the light show on Castle to where people view it, but I could see it very clearly through the screen. Some people was doing the same thing besides me with their iPhones, possibly iPhone 6 or 6s. But they cannot make the camera focus, it all blur.

Someone saw my phone, and screen, and even asked what phone I am using.
    01-19-18 04:13 AM
    The Keyboard; it just doesn't feel as tactile as previous PKBs. It also feels very cramped for some reason, perhaps because I consider the Passport to have the best PKB of all time but even older versions don't feel as bunched up.
    01-19-18 10:02 AM
67 123