I did not write this, but I consider this one of the best explanations I have read on the topic:

1) IOS Application codes does not require a separate runtime environment like android.
    2) As there is no separate runtime environment to run application, OS directly communicates/ message passes to the software and thus message overhead time is considerably reduced. Not only time, even battery is also saved by this ideology.
    3) Both os has linux core/kernal but when os (iOS) turns into runtime environment, it becomes magical in performance.
    4) In case of Android, latest version Marshmallow, uses ART (Android Runtime) is having a lesser over heads to JIT compilation which ultimately runs Android apps. But JIT compilation of byte code present in application leads to lesser performance as compared to iOS.

Basically iOS does not require any medium or intermediate runtime environment/software to communicate between os and software. Android has various other cores which are communicating with software
    This is because iOS and Android are not the same at their core. They use two different languages. iOS was also developed by a company who excells at the "Garden of Eden" approach, while Android was not (as a matter of fact, Android was built by a single guy which he was later bought by Google who largely kept his purpose for Android). The way Android runs their apps is arguably the safer and more secure way as apps do not have direct access to the OS, from your explanation. Despite the very minute saving of battery that iOS may have over Android, I don't see how either is better than the other.

In short, this thread isn't about which is better between Android and iOS. Sending every thread that complains about the KEYone into an OS debate does not help the OP and only derails the purpose of the thread. I'm sure your opinions are better suited in the AndroidOS section of this forum.
    04-17-18 05:48 PM
26 12