On my PRIV word substitution doesn't work if you turn off auto correct. I have my pkb autocorrect set to off, because I don't want it to correct slang, curses or other non standard word spelling. But then my word substitutions (e.g. ure = you're and ur = your) stop working.

Last year apparently BB "was aware and working on a fix" . Hoping it is fixed with Nougat, but could anyone confirm please?
    08-12-17 05:41 PM
    Nope, it still is like that. However, it will work with autocorrect turned off if you have the predictive text turned on.
    08-12-17 11:12 PM
    What settings are those slagman? I can't find the right combo so I have autocorrect on weak to get my you're = you're, etc. And I hate it because it still tries to autocorrect other stuff I don't want it to
    08-13-17 01:34 AM
    Oh awesome, thanks! It does work with predictive text on. Will continue testing to see if it works in all cases. Too bad it can't work without predictions showing.
    @blueyestm turn autocorrect completely off instead of weak. And then in the same settings page turn on "show predictions" . It shows autocorrect predictions but doesn't auto correct anything except for word subs.
    08-13-17 08:12 PM
    The thing with show predictions is I didn't like that part because it takes away from the screen size and I don't like the way they do predictions. I may just cut it all off for now.
    08-14-17 02:23 AM
    I seem to be unable to create multi-line word substitutions. What's the trick?
    08-15-17 03:03 AM
    If I recall, there is a problem with multi-line substitutions. And not sure of a work-around. Maybe others will have suggestions other than creating separate substitutions for each line.
    08-15-17 10:16 AM
    You can maybe make two separate substitutions, and do like ex1 for the first line and ex2 for the second line, and while typing just do ex1 enter ex2, or something like that.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-16-17 01:46 AM
    The thing with show predictions is I didn't like that part because it takes away from the screen size and I don't like the way they do predictions. I may just cut it all off for now.
    Yah, it's the only way right now to get word sub to work without autocorrect, which even in weak will correct some things incorrectly. For example, it seems to not realize that "its" is a real word and keeps "correcting" it to "it's" instead. How annoying. I didn't really like show predictions because I don't like that constantly changing things popping up, is a little distracting. But I've learned to live with it because at least it isn't automatic and doesn't change what I type... I hope they do fix it so that you can turn everything off and have it still work.
    08-16-17 01:49 AM