Anyone else huge fan of this? I'm going from 9930 (died sunday) to Keyone. Slowly re-building my word-replacement list. My word list is giant and it's going to take me forever. You have to go through like 7 menus to get to it.

I'm posting because I just noticed that something got screwed up. I've probably put 50-100 in so far. Literally, the only option is whether or not to "Always use this capitalization", which is important and I'm very deliberate about it. If I put "w" for 'with', but it's at the beginning of a sentence, it should automatically be capitalized because the "Always use this cap" is NOT checked off. Sometime between yesterday and today, all words defaulted back to having this box checked off, every single one. Totally sucks. Is there a place to send a message to get this on list of things to be fixed?

Also, does anyone know if this gets backed up?

UGH!
    10-03-17 06:55 AM
    There's a bug that causes the "Always use this capitalization" flag to turn on for every entry upon a reboot.

BlackBerry development knows about it and it was reported to be fixed in the next release.

Annoying for sure.
    10-03-17 07:23 AM
    Thanks! Do you know if it does get backed up or there is a way to back it up?
    Also, are there any 3rd party apps doing this? Looked, but couldn't find anything.
    10-03-17 07:27 AM
    My experience has been it is backed up though the flag issue is still there for now.

Don't know of a 3rd party app to help with this.
    10-03-17 07:41 AM
    Just noticed that word replacement doesn't work if there's punctuation after the shortcut. Example 'fr' becomes 'Friday', but 'fr.' won't change...
    Do you happen to know if that's also on the list of things to fix?
    10-03-17 10:37 AM
    Just noticed that word replacement doesn't work if there's punctuation after the shortcut. Example 'fr' becomes 'Friday', but 'fr.' won't change...
    Do you happen to know if that's also on the list of things to fix?
    That is not a bug. The SPACE is the trigger. Once a SPACE is detected, a word-substitution will occur. You could create another using "fr."
    10-03-17 12:36 PM
    It may not be a bug, but it isn't right. sentence-ending punctuation should make the shortcut behave the same as the space bar, just like it did on the 9930.
    10-04-17 04:23 AM
    It may not be a bug, but it isn't right. sentence-ending punctuation should make the shortcut behave the same as the space bar, just like it did on the 9930.
    I agree that it's not a bug though it is a design flaw.

I don't understand why they didn't just go ahead and take all the logic they had for BBOS and BB10 keyboards and incorporate all of it into the Android BlackBerry Keyboard.

It is frustrating to say the least.
    10-04-17 04:34 AM
    Is it silly to think that any attention will ever be given to fixing the 'bug' and the other issue and making it work as flawlessly as it used to?
    I'd pay for a 3rd party app that not only addressed these issues, but also kept the whole thing backed up. I don't think one currently exists.
    10-18-17 09:37 AM
    2 keyboard releases later and still not fixed.

Bummer.
    10-18-17 04:06 PM
    so it's been like this over the last few updates, no fix. does this mean IF it eventually gets fixed, we'll have to re-edit all the ones that the bug messed up? hopefully we do not have to go back into each word substitute and adjust the capitalization (knowing BB, we'll most likely have to refix before it's saved correctly.
    10-18-17 05:07 PM
    Thanks Dan. How does one find out when the releases occurred?
    10-18-17 06:28 PM
    Not sure how you can go back in history but if you manually update your Android apps you can see there's an update for the BlackBerry Keyboard before you apply it.
    10-18-17 06:41 PM
    The BlackBerry Keyboard had an update today and this is still not fixed.
    10-20-17 06:05 PM
    The one issue I noticed I'd that if you select a word it always leaves a space, but typing a comma, period, question-mark, etc. gets rid of the space; but for some reason it doesn't know about semi-colons!
    FF22 likes this.
    10-20-17 11:29 PM
    I own the PRIV, but never set it up to be me primary phone. Was this issue the same on the priv?
    10-21-17 06:26 AM
    Replying to my own post because I'm so freaking bummed about Word-replacement not working right!!!! Now that I've got my Word-replacement dictionary re-entered into my phone, I can crank out emails and texts super fast, but they're never grammatically correct.
    10-23-17 01:11 PM
    Hi to all, I ve a KeyONE, and a similar issue.
    My model is QWERTZ, even if I'm Italian.
    I always used the word replacement in all BlackBerrys used in the past without issues.
    In this KeyONE, after saving the word list (italian language, both system and keyboard), it is deleted once the smartphone is switched off.
    What can I do? It's very annoying...

Thanks to all
    08-19-18 09:11 AM
    I always used the word replacement in all BlackBerrys used in the past without issues.
    In this KeyONE, after saving the word list (italian language, both system and keyboard), it is deleted once the smartphone is switched off.

Thanks to all
    I am not sure if I remember correctly. But I thought there was an issue with losing those word lists in an older OS or Keyboard version but that it was fixed with a newer release. Are your apps and OS up-to-date? I wonder if there's a conflict between using Italian on the QWERTZ keyboard?

Good luck.
    Str4ng3B3rrY likes this.
    08-19-18 09:36 AM
    Thanks for reply! Negative, I've the last release available. About your last question: I don't think so, a replacement is a replacement...I can replace every word with another, right? Without spaces, osbiously. In any case: I tried also to replace "normal" (without special characters) words with other "normal" words (es.: qwertz with qwerty), without success..
    08-19-18 09:47 AM

Thanks to all
    I'm from Germany and i have this problem as well. I'm not sure the list is always deleted after my phone's off, but I've saved my words so often and after a while they're always gone...

The weird thing is, supposedly I've never saved any words in the dictionary, which is so not true... Word replacement problem-notable-00019.jpg
    08-19-18 02:42 PM
    Me too! They appear just in the dictionary (with the related replacement), more and more times, but not in 'word replacement' list...and they did not replaced, during the writing session ._.
    EDIT: my stats are exactly the same as yours: 0 added to dictionary, instead I see them in! O.o
    08-19-18 02:48 PM
    I have these words a few times on my dictionary as well by now, but not as saved replacement. They don't work at all...
    Is there anybody who knows what to do?
    08-19-18 03:51 PM