I've searched and feel like I already know the answer, but asking anyway. My K1 is 18mos old and the battery life has really gone downhill. I've kept a brand new spare K1 on hand since the beginning. Was planning to migrate to the spare and make my current phone the new spare... until I remembered my Word Replacement list. I have over 700 entries and the thought of manually re-entering them will keep me with my current phone.

Anyone know of a way to move them over?

-Matt
    01-05-19 04:31 PM
    make a backup of all settings in google drive and restore your new phone with it

Go to settings>system there should be an option to backup
    01-05-19 04:37 PM
    I've searched and feel like I already know the answer, but asking anyway. My K1 is 18mos old and the battery life has really gone downhill. I've kept a brand new spare K1 on hand since the beginning. Was planning to migrate to the spare and make my current phone the new spare... until I remembered my Word Replacement list. I have over 700 entries and the thought of manually re-entering them will keep me with my current phone.

Anyone know of a way to move them over?

-Matt
    You may have 700 entries that you have actually made yourself the problem is the other 40-70000 that I've been learnt by the system.
    Now without typing a word on the screen the two sets of numbers in the above paragraph have appeared in the new word list.
    I have just deleted my mega list and my phone is now considerably more responsive. I do have a BlackBerry keyone
    01-05-19 04:54 PM
    Moonman, going to look into it. Thank you.

Neville, not sure what you mean. I have any autocorrect, etc, shut off.
    01-05-19 05:01 PM
    All set! Psyched.

Couple interesting things I noticed;

Word replacement never used to be active when within Google search fields. Recently, it started working in Google search fields and other places it never used to. That was before I just moved to my spare phone, now it doesn't work again.

Another interesting thing:
    My last phone before this one was the 9930 and you may remember that if you held the 'alt' key while pressing backspace, it would delete character to the right of cursor rather than backspacing. This didn't work when I got my keyone. It just recently started working again I noticed within Gmail (but not everywhere). Now it doesn't work again on phone I just moved to.

I'm assuming my phone will get an update and these things will work again on this phone soon.
    01-05-19 06:17 PM
    So my word replacement list came over great, but the single option in each entry, the "always use this capitalization" checkbox, defaults back to being checked off. So, basically the problem is that words replaced at the beginning of a sentence don't get capitalized... I went through and unchecked all of them (except the ones that are supposed to be capitalized). Unfortunately, after a reboot they all defaulted back. I remember this happening before too. Not sure what changed and why they stopped defaulting back. Anyone have an idea?
    01-16-19 08:06 PM
    So my word replacement list came over great, but the single option in each entry, the "always use this capitalization" checkbox, defaults back to being checked off. So, basically the problem is that words replaced at the beginning of a sentence don't get capitalized... I went through and unchecked all of them (except the ones that are supposed to be capitalized). Unfortunately, after a reboot they all defaulted back. I remember this happening before too. Not sure what changed and why they stopped defaulting back. Anyone have an idea?
    This recurring bug has been squashed a few times and according to @LiamQ the whole thing was written porely and has to be rewritten from scratch to squash it for good.

It's a waiting game for now until they can get around to it.
    01-17-19 04:20 AM
    This bug is driving me nuts. It seems like half of the words I begin sentences with are Word Replacement shortcuts so most of my sentences ending up starting with lowercase. probably wouldn't bother me so much if it hadn't been working perfectly on my prior K1. Is there a work-around? Is there a way to get word to the right people so it might get fixed with next update?
    03-20-19 06:16 AM
    You may have 700 entries that you have actually made yourself the problem is the other 40-70000 that I've been learnt by the system.
    Now without typing a word on the screen the two sets of numbers in the above paragraph have appeared in the new word list.
    I have just deleted my mega list and my phone is now considerably more responsive. I do have a BlackBerry keyone
    How did you delete your "mega list" exactly?
    03-20-19 12:45 PM