Does anyone know if a manufacturer makes a device like this for the USB-C connector in the KEYone?

https://www.amazon.com/Receiver-LANI...UvbUpU13028204
    09-22-17 07:16 PM
    09-22-17 07:40 PM
    I use this one on my KeyONE without any problems:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13028254
    09-22-17 08:49 PM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13028348
    Can you post a picture of it installed?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-17 01:11 AM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13028427
    What's the point of this?!
    You still have to plug in cable. So it doesn't makes much of sense
    09-23-17 07:13 AM
    What's the point of this?!
    You still have to plug in cable. So it doesn't makes much of sense
    You leave the wireless charger plugged in, you don't have to unplug the cable long as you always use a wireless charging pad. And if you are in a place with no charging pad, just unplug the wireless charger and plug in your cable.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-23-17 07:26 AM
    You leave the wireless charger plugged in, you don't have to unplug the cable long as you always use a wireless charging pad. And if you are in a place with no charging pad, just unplug the wireless charger and plug in your cable.
    Well fair enough. Is installation adds bulk?
    09-23-17 07:28 AM
    Well fair enough. Is installation adds bulk?
    I wouldn't say it adds bulk cause the receiver is really thin but it does stick to the back of your phone. If you don't care for aesthetics or use a case, this isn't a issue.
    09-23-17 07:37 AM
    Can you post a picture of it installed?

Posted via CB10
    That's hard for me to do since it's attached to my phone and I don't have a regular camera handy, but I have it inside of the OEM dual-layer case. It is barely noticeable, you just see the silver plug on the bottom and you can feel a slight bump on the bottom of the case. It works better than the built-in wireless charging did on the Priv.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-23-17 10:55 AM
    Just got mine and it works fine from what I can tell.

Also installed behind a case so only the usb-c plug really shows.

Wireless Charging Solution?-share1.jpg

Wireless Charging Solution?-share.jpg

The obvious issue is that since it is not integral to the KeyOne, if you want to transfer files via usb, you have to unplug the wireless charger thingie.

It is very thin and fits between my Stilgut case and the back of the phone. And it charges through the back of the case.
    09-27-17 07:05 PM
    That's exactly the one I have, it charges great with the OEM dual-layer case on.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-27-17 08:40 PM
    how much of a hassle is it to remove the plug when you need to use the port like when charging in a car?
    09-27-17 09:17 PM
    how much of a hassle is it to remove the plug when you need to use the port like when charging in a car?
    I've not unplugged it yet.

I could see getting one of those magnetic connectors but that would extend the protrusion at the port more.

I will play a bit more and see how painful it is or isn't.
    09-27-17 09:40 PM
    I'm just worried about accidentally dropping the phone as I fiddle to remove the little plug to get to the port.
    09-27-17 09:42 PM
    I'm just worried about accidentally dropping the phone as I fiddle to remove the little plug to get to the port.
    It was a bit fiddly to remove it because I did not leave sufficient slack cable when I "trapped" it between the phone and case. I had to pull it out, lower the main antenna to provide more cable.

But I will admit that I don't think I'd want to do that often. So, finding a way to wirelessly move files effectively would be really nice. My Verizon Z30 was perfect - it had wireless charging and bb10's wifi-sharing. I could move files without usb connections just like the KeyOne with usb.
    09-28-17 01:19 AM
    I just don't remove it. The battery life is good enough to where I don't have to charge it in the car, and I have a portable wireless charging pad that I take with me to use when traveling. If I need to move a file I just use a cloud service like Dropbox.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-28-17 09:06 AM
    It was a bit fiddly to remove it because I did not leave sufficient slack cable when I "trapped" it between the phone and case. I had to pull it out, lower the main antenna to provide more cable.

But I will admit that I don't think I'd want to do that often. So, finding a way to wirelessly move files effectively would be really nice. My Verizon Z30 was perfect - it had wireless charging and bb10's wifi-sharing. I could move files without usb connections just like the KeyOne with usb.
    In that case AirDroid is the app you are looking for.
    09-29-17 04:38 AM
    In that case AirDroid is the app you are looking for.
    AirDroid and AirMore are not as transparent as the older wifi-sharing method. I've used them, you need to keep running them on the phone and they are a bit more clumsy than using an Explorer type method. But they are what I've used.
    09-29-17 09:06 AM