Will it have wireless charging? Shame if it doesn't
    04-20-17 08:04 PM
    Will it have wireless charging? Shame if it doesn't
    Nope
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-20-17 08:18 PM
    That sucks. It's easy to get used to wireless charging.
    04-20-17 08:31 PM
    Several topics on this already. But as already answered, unfortunately not. It would be nice if it had BOTH wireless charging AND quickcharge (gotta nip that bud...), but oh well, only quickcharge. Maybe that magnetic charging adaptor concept would spawn some high quality offerings that could work with a stand, so it would be similar to using wireless charging. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-20-17 09:04 PM
    Wireless charging is nice, but I'm honestly happy with USB C. I don't mind having to physically plug in my phone, so it'll just be nice to not have to feel around in the dark to make sure the cable is going in the right way.

The one thing that I found really awesome, in defense of wireless charging, however, was in a rental car I had a few months ago. The lid of the center console had wireless charging built into it, so when my wife rested her phone in the designated space on top, it charged. I thought that was pretty freaking cool.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 01:51 AM
    Agreed it's not a deal breaker, it's one of those things once you get used to it, it's a little irksome having to go back to physically plugging it in. A nice dock can make up for it.

Security concerns aside, one deal breaker I'm glad they got right is the fingerprint sensor. I know everyone who's against it on these forums is some kind of top secret government agent that would never allow a biometric security process on their precious phone, or worry their single fingerprint will be shared with the nefarious underworld, but for me that would be a deal breaker. Just too damn conveneint to go back to a pass code or picture password or whatever.
    04-21-17 02:27 AM
    Wireless charging is nice, but I'm honestly happy with USB C. I don't mind having to physically plug in my phone, so it'll just be nice to not have to feel around in the dark to make sure the cable is going in the right way.

The one thing that I found really awesome, in defense of wireless charging, however, was in a rental car I had a few months ago. The lid of the center console had wireless charging built into it, so when my wife rested her phone in the designated space on top, it charged. I thought that was pretty freaking cool.

Posted via CB10
    I wish my car has that, but it's 10 years old, lol. But that's basically what I do at night to charge my phone, set my phone down, done. And in the morning, grab the phone, done. It's super convenient.

04-21-17 10:15 AM
    That sucks. It's easy to get used to wireless charging.
    That's why I didn't try to. Its still not offered by everyone so why take on bad habits.
    04-21-17 07:07 PM
    I wish my car has that, but it's 10 years old, lol. But that's basically what I do at night to charge my phone, set my phone down, done. And in the morning, grab the phone, done. It's super convenient.

You can DIY! Not that hard

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 07:11 PM
    You can DIY! Not that hard

Posted via CB10
    You're right actually, you can easily buy a wireless charging mat and kind of embed it into all kinds of things. I've seen people who put them into their nightstands to where from the top you can't see it at all, but you lay the phone down and it's charging like magic, lol. I can most likely do that with my car, I did a similar thing with my wife's car to add an aux input to it. Looks almost factory, lol.

But seeing as how the KEYone will not have wireless charging, this might be a pointless endeavor... :-(
    moegh likes this.
    04-21-17 08:05 PM
    Well, given that it has QuickCharge 3.0, you could say it has LESS wire-charging, but not wireLESS charging... :P
    Mirko935 likes this.
    04-23-17 05:06 AM
    Keep your hopes down! It's a typical BlackBerry device. "Over-priced device with Outdated specifications" should actually be BlackBerry's tagline. (Look into device details more closely and compare it other similar priced "flagship" devices, well, I wish you much greater disappointment.)
    04-23-17 05:15 AM
    Keep your hopes down! It's a typical BlackBerry device. "Over-priced device with Outdated specifications" should actually be BlackBerry's tagline. (Look into device details more closely and compare it other similar priced "flagship" devices, well, I wish you much greater disappointment.)
    Again this guy ...

Other flagship devices are above 550 usd / 599 € and do still not offer pbk. Who is going with blackberry for a best-spec phone is simply wrong here! Though its the less compromise since years: android 7 + top camera-hardware + other nice features.

I wouldnt complain if i compare this versus my q10 that cost me 550 € ...
    04-23-17 07:55 AM
    Spoken like a true disciple of the original OHA-Androif-cartel, continuing the mission..
    (OHA- Opeb Handsel Alliancf -oops typed this on my non-blackberri andriof witch II use asf a toy mostly )
    04-23-17 01:32 PM
    I wouldnt complain if i compare this versus my q10 that cost me 550 € ...
    You'd be comparing an over-priced device with another similar one (take a BB phone and another not BB for that price). I also have a Q10 but honestly it lacks features for its price (call, sms, email, OK. else, sucks).
    04-24-17 03:50 AM
    Well, given that it has QuickCharge 3.0, you could say it has LESS wire-charging, but not wireLESS charging... :P
    Good one!
    04-24-17 03:49 PM
    So would it also count as wireless-less charging??

04-24-17 04:16 PM
    So would it also count as wireless-less charging??

#ExistentialCrisis

Wireless charging?-76730693.jpg
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-24-17 04:21 PM
    Wireless charging would be nice but I'm glad its got the quick charging with USB C.
    04-25-17 12:13 AM
    Lol

04-25-17 12:59 AM
    Why are you trolling here? It would be nice if it had it, but as mentioned it's not a deal breaker. For me, no fingerprint sensor would be a deal breaker.

As for battery life, my Samsung 7 Edge batt life has really gone down. I bought it new, and now less than a year later i can't get through the day and I don't stream video at all. The crappy virtual keyboard is really getting on my nerves too so a long battery life and PKB is what I'm looking for.
    04-25-17 03:54 AM