View Poll Results: Will you talk to strangers you spot using the KEYone?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Their awesome device must be acknowledged!

21 87.50%
  • Nah - I'll leave them to enjoy their PKB.

3 12.50%
    Just had a random thought as I'm reading through the threads of who's been able to buy a KEYone so far and who's waiting, etc.

And somehow it reminded me of the early days of BlackBerry when it was still a fairly exclusive club. Often, when I saw someone using one.... at the airport, in an elevator, at restaurant, etc., I'd automatically say hi to them and ask them how they were liking their BlackBerry and they'd always want to talk about it (clearly at that point in time buying or receiving a BlackBerry from your company was a very conscious decision or it was a big deal). As BlackBerry became way more popular it became less exclusive and it just would have been weird for me to talk to the bigger mass market of people now picking up BB's left right and center.

With the KEYone, I'm feeling like for at least a little while here it'll definitely be the kind of phone where when you see another person with a KEYone, you'll be able to at least give them that nod of approvement ("ahh yes, they know the KEYone goodness") if not strike up a conversation.

Just curious if I'm nuts in this regard. Or if you'll be like me and chat to KEYone users when you see them. Take a vote on the poll!

PS. Please keep this thread on topic - there are enough other threads in here dealing with availability, etc.
    06-06-17 07:23 PM
    I definitely would! But haven't seen anyone here with a KeyOne in Singapore though.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    06-06-17 07:25 PM
    Absolutely! I would love to see a Keyone in the wild. Definitely a conversation piece lol.

FWIW - the only people that have commented on my BB devices were doctors lol. I went to a Orthopedic Surgeon today and he noticed my Keyone and said, "if it wasn't for my BlackBerry Bold, I would've never made it thru college" lol. He explained how he wrote all of his essays, reports, etc...on his beloved BB and just saved everything in between his partying lol!!!

I thought that was pretty cool...
    06-06-17 07:29 PM
    People at work make fun of me working for the West Wing.
    06-06-17 07:32 PM
    I'll strike up convos and have had acknowledgements made to me over the bb10 and 9900 loll

So yea about the KEYone lol
    06-06-17 07:47 PM
    Just had a random thought as I'm reading through the threads of who's been able to buy a KEYone so far and who's waiting, etc.

And somehow it reminded me of the early days of BlackBerry when it was still a fairly exclusive club. Often, when I saw someone using one.... at the airport, in an elevator, at restaurant, etc., I'd automatically say hi to them and ask them how they were liking their BlackBerry and they'd always want to talk about it (clearly at that point in time buying or receiving a BlackBerry from your company was a very conscious decision or it was a big deal). As BlackBerry became way more popular it became less exclusive and it just would have been weird for me to talk to the bigger mass market of people now picking up BB's left right and center.

With the KEYone, I'm feeling like for at least a little while here it'll definitely be the kind of phone where when you see another person with a KEYone, you'll be able to at least give them that nod of approvement ("ahh yes, they know the KEYone goodness") if not strike up a conversation.

Just curious if I'm nuts in this regard. Or if you'll be like me and chat to KEYone users when you see them. Take a vote on the poll!

PS. Please keep this thread on topic - there are enough other threads in here dealing with availability, etc.
    I once met this guy who had like 8 of them! I asked him if I could have one and sure enough I got one !! :-) But in response to your poll, surely I would engage another KEYone user and ask how they like it at least and if not stripping down naked to share everything LOL. The watering hole I frequent has a special table called the happy table where all the occupants of the table have blackberry's from Z30's to Classics, Passports and PlayBook too! Over the years I've accumulated a number of PlayBooks that I lend out to seniors who live in the hotels here in Transcona giving them a chance to experience the technology. One gentleman just passed away last week, I hope the PlayBook goes to a good home! Yeah so I'm BB crazy.
    Attached Thumbnails Will you talk to strangers using a KEYone?-acc-1-doc-40.jpg  
    06-06-17 08:04 PM
    Absolutely. Looking forward to meeting someone else with a KEYone. Have lots of friends interested but no one has bit quite yet.
    06-06-17 08:07 PM
    Can't wait to meet fellow BlackBerry KEYone users out and about!
    06-06-17 08:14 PM
    Heck yeah. Dying to talk to someone with a Keyone. I've been a tech nut my whole life. I live for talking to people about tech.
    06-06-17 08:17 PM
    To see one in the flesh would be too big a deal not to take advantage. I'm naturally sociable with strangers so I'd be doubly interested, if only to have a sense of physical perspective, and perhaps a chance to hold one in my hands. It's like an idol from Indiana Jones right now. I'm pretty sure a 6.8 oz cotton sack of sand would keep the temple from activating the self-destruct sequence, but there's only one way to be absolutely positive. That and you share a kinship with people who are into the same niche stuff you are. I always talked to people who had Palm Pres in the wild.
    06-06-17 08:40 PM
    I haven't met anybody else with a K1 in my town. But I've already has a few people come up to me at restaurants asking what kind of phone is it and we strike a conversation. I look forward to meeting fellow K1 users in the meet up in ATL later on this month.
    06-06-17 08:48 PM
    100% would talk them up, and ask them if I could hold/check it out (a little creepy) but, seeing as I haven't had the chance in my state they might understand. Would also probe to see how they liked it so far.
    06-06-17 08:49 PM
    I would love to pick the brain of another blackberry user. I rock a passport now but getting my keyone next week. I have guys at work saying "when you get that come see me I want to see it " I have always liked blackberry they always seem different than any other phone. Can't wait to get my hands on my new keyone.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 09:23 PM
    absolutely! love nerding out with others over their phone choice.
    06-06-17 09:30 PM
    Finding someone with any type of BlackBerry period is rare enough, let alone a KEYone. I've only ever seen 3 BlackBerries in the wild, and did strike up a chat with a Q10 owner.

 C L A S S I C
    06-06-17 09:38 PM
    Absolutely! I talk to anyone I encounter with a Priv right now, and I'm sure when my KEYone arrives I'll chat with anyone I see with one. We're an exclusive club. Feels like the old BB heydays.
    06-06-17 09:38 PM
    I have no doubt in my mind that I would strike up a conversation, AND there would be instant comradery! I am fortunate to be typing this on a KEYone, and it would be a blast to meet someone else with one. We are a unique bunch!
    06-06-17 09:40 PM
    I've made random friends because of seeing ANY BlackBerry device in the wild. It's not really an exclusive club, but rather an ELLUSIVE club of users.
    06-06-17 09:43 PM
    I would DEF talk about it. My passport gets a lot of attention and occasionally for work I fly and I'll see other passports, classics, and bolds out there, I always let em know they know what's up

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 09:43 PM
    For me, this has no chance of happening unless more than five KEYones are available for purchase each day in America.
    06-06-17 09:53 PM
    I would but I wouldn't refer to the name "KEYone".
    It sounded bizarre when introduced, it still sounds weird.
    I can't fit that name inside my head let along buy It.
    I would say: WOW! You got a "SYMPHONY"!
    I can't figure you people out referring to this phone as "KEYone".
    This name sounds like a Medieval s..x toy.
    I challenge everyone to rename this phone to "SYMPHONY"
    06-06-17 10:05 PM
    I would but I wouldn't refer to the name "KEYone".
    It sounded bizarre when introduced, it still sounds weird.
    I can't fit that name inside my head let along buy It.
    I would say: WOW! You got a "SYMPHONY"!
    I can't figure you people out referring to this phone as "KEYone".
    This name sounds like a Medieval s..x toy.
    I challenge everyone to rename this phone to "SYMPHONY"
    Let's be honest, KEYone is wayyy better than "priv". "KEYone" sounds like a generic phone name; non-offensive in my opinion.

 C L A S S I C
    06-06-17 10:14 PM

Of course I would. I've been this way from day one. Even more so once BB10 was released. I've literally waved my phone out the car window at another car upon noticing an occupant using a BB10 device. That was in Denver. Now that I'm relocated to Southern Illinois I stop anyone I see with a BlackBerry. That being said if I saw someone to down here with a KEYone I'd flip.
    06-06-17 10:20 PM

This forum is full of CRACKberry users. We're all nuts.
    06-06-17 11:57 PM
    Depends how good the call quality is :P

 C L A S S I C
    06-07-17 01:10 AM
45 12