We've finally made it to July 5, the updated Oreo day for the KEYone as per Rogers.

Anyone think it will push today???
    07-05-18 03:46 AM
    not sure
    but hope
    07-05-18 04:07 AM
    I bit it will not be Oreo today.
    07-05-18 04:19 AM
    Doubt. They don't care about keyone users anymore.
    07-05-18 04:56 AM
    Only 2 Keyones were updated to get the June patch. Seems to prove that the keyone isn't on their radar anymore.
    07-05-18 05:03 AM
    I hope so.
    07-05-18 05:23 AM
    Whatever the phone is when you buy it, expect that to be what it is forever.
    07-05-18 05:44 AM
    Not with google devices. My old Nexus 5 got updates from android 4.3 over 4.4 to 5.0 and lastly 6.0. Google devices get at least 2 major upgrades
    07-05-18 06:10 AM
    Only 2 Keyones were updated to get the June patch. Seems to prove that the keyone isn't on their radar anymore.
    That’s unrealistic to expect the first OS upgrade and the new device rollout to happen at same time with the limited resources devoted to BBMo/TCL infrastructure and Carrier Support infrastructure.

Retail and carrier sales and support partners want to sell and support new device first. Other than Rogers announcement, nobody else has committed to specific day Oreo release.
    07-05-18 06:19 AM
    Other than proprietary devices from Android/IOS, that should always be the expectations. No OEM can guarantee to provide something licensed from someone else until it’s actually provided for distribution.

That being said, Google now has programs where OEMs guarantee future support levels to participate in those programs. We know there’s an upgrade out there because of Rogers information. Doesn’t mean that we know when. I could never see Oreo update on my AT&T device. Who’s responsible? Probably AT&T if that happens. We know the risks of supporting niche devices from niche companies.

Look how people purchased BB10 devices when BB was on Death’s door.
    07-05-18 06:27 AM
    Dang. Some of yall got a grim outlook. Who messed with your Cheerios this morning?

Just thinking, the timing makes sense. A July patch would start rolling out around now, and combining Oreo and the latest security patch would be better than two different updates. Rogers has been fairly reliable in the past, though that doesn't mean that everyone will get it at the same time.

Either way, I don't think BBMobile is leaving the KEYone behind. The company is still advertising and selling it right now.
    john_v, UrbanGlowCam and rjedge54 like this.
    07-05-18 06:45 AM
    Jared it's CrackBerry... a lot of folks aren't happy unless they are griping about something!

Here's hoping it starts rolling out, although I am pretty happy with N on my OG silver KEYone. Been using it for over a year now, and still running stable. So that being said, I'm not in a rush to get Oreo, though I'll be excited when it drops.
    Dang. Some of yall got a grim outlook. Who messed with your Cheerios this morning?

Just thinking, the timing makes sense. A July patch would start rolling out around now, and combining Oreo and the latest security patch would be better than two different updates. Rogers has been fairly reliable in the past, though that doesn't mean that everyone will get it at the same time.

Either way, I don't think BBMobile is leaving the KEYone behind. The company is still advertising and selling it right now.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    07-05-18 07:01 AM
    Even if released today, I strongly discourage everyone downloading it. There'll be always some users who download it without wanting to know which problems that particular build has. Every first major release usually has a lot of problems, smaller or bigger. These are going to cry here afterwards. They have to pay for their decision.

Take the risk or wait for others to be the laboratory mice. Just my 2 cents.
    07-05-18 07:03 AM
    Dissapointing to see that Blackberry is way behind all major OEMs in releasing Oreo and security updates. I am strongly considering the KeyOne BE. But the slow release of updates might force me to avoid buying it. My S8 has oreo and the June security patch. it cost £480 to buy. One plus have recently commited to 2 software updates and one year of security patches for all their phones (One Plus 3 onwards). The base model of the One Plus 6 costs £460.
    Last edited by ksg_87; 07-05-18 at 07:37 AM.
    07-05-18 07:12 AM
    Dissapointing to see that Blackberry is way behind all major OEMs in releasing Oreo and security updates. I am strongly considering the KeyOne BE. But the slow release of updates might force me to avoid buying it. My S8 has oreo and the June security patch. it cost £480 to buy. One plus have recently commited to 2 software uodates and one year of sexurity patches for all their phones (One Plus 3 onwards). The base model of the One Plus 6 costs £460.
    Not really *way behind*. Sure, they are slow to release O, but Samsung is only just pushing it out to a bunch of phones, also.

As for security updates, that's not a fair statement. BB has done an excellent job of keeping the KEYone up to date with security patches.
    johnb_xp likes this.
    07-05-18 07:21 AM
    I think it's going to happen... They delayed by a week, probably in preparation for the Key2 launch. Here's hoping!
    07-05-18 07:28 AM
    I beg to differ Sir, myself and at least one other CB CDMA Key One user received the June 5th patch last week. Now running ABA693 on BBB100-3 - I am not on the Beta test list.
    07-05-18 07:52 AM
    Not with google devices. My old Nexus 5 got updates from android 4.3 over 4.4 to 5.0 and lastly 6.0. Google devices get at least 2 major upgrades
    Until they change their mind. This is Google, after all.

My point is, don't get your hopes up. If you don't expect upgrades, you won't be all disappointed and outraged when in fact that's what happens.
    07-05-18 08:22 AM
    No update in Toronto so far. 9.24 AM.
    07-05-18 08:25 AM

They sent an e-mail few weeks ago to promote the bronze KeyOne.
    07-05-18 08:40 AM
    I beg to differ Sir, myself and at least one other CB CDMA Key One user received the June 5th patch last week. Now running ABA693 on BBB100-3 - I am not on the Beta test list.
    Our corporate KeyOne and Motions are all on June as well up here in Canada.
    07-05-18 08:59 AM
    to everyone ******** about BlackBerry Mobile not sending out updates fast enough you need to do some bloody research. BlackBerry Mobile sends the updates to the telecom companies. If they decide not to release them there is nothing they can do. BlackBerry Mobile is not a powerhouse like Apple that can just tell the telecoms what they are going to do.
    07-05-18 09:38 AM
    you are beating a dead horse on this forum dude. just do what I do and ignore those post. it is obvious by now how the system works. if some people want to keep their heads in the sand let them.
    rocker_man1 likes this.
    07-05-18 10:09 AM
    Rogers Toronto. 11:12 AM. Nothing yet.
    07-05-18 10:12 AM
    Am in Saudi today I got the June update ABA693
    07-05-18 10:58 AM
53 123