So it seems that at least early on that the KEYone is successful. I'm wondering if this will create a new KEYone line. To be honest, I haven't followed BlackBerry closely but it seems to me like there has been no ryme or reason to the models. I'm thinking they are still searching for something to stick. Hopefully the KEYone will because I'm really enjoying it. I mean, I made this thread partly just so I could type on the key board..lol. What do you guys think on the possibility of a refresh or regular upgrade of this model?
    06-22-17 11:12 PM
    The INTENTION was for there to be multiple ones, with the number changing with each one. Meaning a KEYtwo KEYthree, etc...
    06-22-17 11:24 PM
    There will be a series of wonderful devices from BlackBerry Mobile. I would even go as far as suggesting an Android tablet secured by BlackBerry. I would be really happy using a BlackBerry tablet with the same BlackBerry software and security of the smartphones.

A BlackBerry secured Android tablet would go perfectly with the KEYone.
    06-23-17 01:10 AM
    The K1 is not successful, at least not yet. Production issues leading to low sales, quality control issues, the screen lift issues are only getting worse. I would bet that we won't see another PKB phone til late 2018 at the earliest.
    06-23-17 01:15 AM
    Late 2018 suits me fine. Perfect timing for an upgrade
    06-23-17 06:41 AM
    What's your definition of successful?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-23-17 06:51 AM
    I put seems successful. Time will tell for sure. The fact that it sold out right away and is still going in and out of stock may be a good sign. Either that or they aren't making enough. Btw, the number of screens that are fine are far out numbering the broken ones. I don't think it's a wide spread issue. I've dropped mine and it's unblemished. Broken screens won't define this phone as it seems like an easy production fix
    06-23-17 07:02 AM
    I hope that we will see a Keyone Plus. a bigger size would be nice. But not an odd size like the Passport.
    06-23-17 07:25 AM
    I'd like to see a truly premium phone at a higher price tag.
    06-23-17 09:06 AM
    I'd like to see a truly premium phone at similar price tag. Other companies do it.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-23-17 09:24 AM
    There will be a series of wonderful devices from BlackBerry Mobile. I would even go as far as suggesting an Android tablet secured by BlackBerry. I would be really happy using a BlackBerry tablet with the same BlackBerry software and security of the smartphones.

A BlackBerry secured Android tablet would go perfectly with the KEYone.
    I think a tablet was definitely rumored by TCL/BB Mobile.
    06-23-17 11:27 AM
    The K1 is not successful, at least not yet. Production issues leading to low sales, quality control issues, the screen lift issues are only getting worse. I would bet that we won't see another PKB phone til late 2018 at the earliest.
    Yah? How many units have been sold and how much was that compared to their target? Also, what percentage of phones had the screen lift issue? Serious questions, you seem to have the inside knowledge and not ignoramous like myself, lol.
    06-23-17 11:28 AM
    Late 2018 suits me fine. Perfect timing for an upgrade
    Their plans were stated to include a more economic keyboard device later this year, but it might only be for certain markets maybe. And this was stated to be the plan regardless of how the K1 performs since it's supposed to target a different audience. As for a high-end device, I don't remember hearing them say anything definite about that yet...
    06-23-17 11:29 AM
    What's your definition of successful?
    If it has the BB brand or not.
    06-23-17 11:30 AM
    I put seems successful. Time will tell for sure. The fact that it sold out right away and is still going in and out of stock may be a good sign. Either that or they aren't making enough. Btw, the number of screens that are fine are far out numbering the broken ones. I don't think it's a wide spread issue. I've dropped mine and it's unblemished. Broken screens won't define this phone as it seems like an easy production fix
    No man, you're doing this forum thing wrong. It's doom, gloom, doom, gloom, disaster, fail, botched, fiasco, etc. etc.
    DominionRoofs likes this.
    06-23-17 11:31 AM
    I hope that we will see a Keyone Plus. a bigger size would be nice. But not an odd size like the Passport.
    I mean, I know there are people who want that. I see people with these ridiculously large phones, looks like they are holding a 4k UHDTV up to their heads when they take a call, but that's not for me, lol.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    06-23-17 11:32 AM
    I'd like to see a truly premium phone at a higher price tag.
    If I made more money, I'd agree with you, haha. :-P
    06-23-17 11:33 AM
    I'd like to see a truly premium phone at similar price tag. Other companies do it.
    Sure, and it'll be an all glass slab as well, since those are much easier and cheaper to make. Literally just slap the two halves together with some double-sided tape between then, knock out like a million of them in 2 hours, lol.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-23-17 11:34 AM
    Some people don't seem to grasp that you are paying for an overall experience with keyone.

They only measure in terms of raw stats.
    06-23-17 11:50 AM
    I was nodding my head and smiling... then you went "But not an odd size like the Passport". My smile then turned into a frown.

I am actually waiting and hoping for a 5.5" screen with the Passport width.

I would be willing to pay a premium price for such a phone.

BlackBerry Mobile, are you listening?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 12:05 PM
    Yeah, I understand that. I'm asking what you personally would consider a successful product. For some people, it's different. Some people care about sales. Others care about an increased mindshare. Personally, I'm interested in sales.
    06-23-17 01:14 PM
    Personally, I would not like the naming to be KEYone, KEYtwo, KEYthree, KEYfour, etc etc.

I would much rather have it be something like KEYone +, or KEYone 2, or KEYone 50, or KEYone 60, or KEYone prime, or KEYone S8, or KEYone G6, or KEYone Q10, or KEYone Bold 9900, or KEYone Pearl, or KEYone Style, KEYone Curve.... etc etc.

lol
    06-23-17 07:27 PM