Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 09:48 PM
    It will almost certainly be sold unlocked direct from TCL so you can run on TMO or any other GSM carrier.
    01-04-17 09:49 PM
    There has been 0 confirmation of which carriers would be on board that I know of. Fortunately, T-Mobile carried the Priv and recent Alcatel devices which are under the same TCL umbrella as BlackBerry now in terms of production.

On the other hand, there wasn't much carrier support for the last two DTEK devices in the states. Something tells me the Mercury will be a different story. There's even signs of Verizon's radios bands which I don't believe the DTEKs had. Guess we'll have to wait for MWC!

Worst case, you can just activate an unlocked version. That's what I did with the Priv.
    01-04-17 09:54 PM
    I'd say there is a chance that T-Mobile carries it. Hard to tell for sure. In the event they don't carry it we can always buy from ShopBB and hope that it does full support for T-Mobile band 12, VoLTE and WiFi Calling. If there's a related Alcatel device (even non-physical keyboard) I'd say there's a chance to full support, even on an unlocked device.

However, the DTEK50 situations proves that it's difficult to assume that everything will work as planned on T-Mobile.
    01-04-17 10:02 PM
    T-Mobile carries Alcatel phones so I don't see why Mercury wouldn't be on t-mobile as well.
    01-05-17 05:11 AM
    T mobile is BlackBerry killer! Priv owners are still crying for updates
    01-05-17 08:25 AM
    T mobile is BlackBerry killer! Priv owners are still crying for updates
    I've been getting the T-Mobile monthly updates maybe a week or a week and a half after the unlocked people get theirs ever since Marshmallow. Waiting for Marshmallow I went maybe 3-3.5 months without an update.
    01-10-17 12:32 PM
    Wouldn't you just be able to purchase the phone unlocked direct from BB or an authorized dealer and take it to T-Mobile or AT&T?
    01-10-17 01:38 PM
    Wouldn't you just be able to purchase the phone unlocked direct from BB or an authorized dealer and take it to T-Mobile or AT&T?
    That's exactly what I'm going to do for Mercury. I didn't have extra cash to spare so I had to get my Priv through T-Mobile. Night and day difference as far as security updates go between when I used my Unlocked Classic vs T-Mobile Priv.
    01-10-17 02:17 PM
    Whether it comes to carriers or not, I'm never buying a carrier locked BlackBerry again.
    01-10-17 06:31 PM
    Whether it comes to carriers or not, I'm never buying a carrier locked BlackBerry again.
    For some of us we don't have a choice. If it hits Verizon I'll have to purchase through them. Still can't run an unlocked/unauthorized phone on Verizon unless I'm wrong here.
    01-10-17 09:44 PM
    T-Mobile is big on TCL devices. I got an Alcatel tablet from them. It was a very good promotional deal; it is a nice little tablet. Who knew that the same company that makes them would be making BlackBerry phones. However, I am all about getting my phones unlocked. Then you are not beholden to the carrier. They know it as well and give good service because they know you could change carriers if you aren't satisfied.
    01-10-17 10:42 PM
    For some of us we don't have a choice. If it hits Verizon I'll have to purchase through them. Still can't run an unlocked/unauthorized phone on Verizon unless I'm wrong here.
    Really? Unlocked devices dont work on Verizon? It's weird...
    01-10-17 11:48 PM
    Verizon is the worst telecom
    01-11-17 12:16 AM
    That's exactly what I'm going to do for Mercury. I didn't have extra cash to spare so I had to get my Priv through T-Mobile. Night and day difference as far as security updates go between when I used my Unlocked Classic vs T-Mobile Priv.
    Oh I totally understand having to see how much cash one has to see if they can buy a phone outright. But hopefully TCL will work with carriers to give some type of deals for their phones.

But I know that I'll start saving up to purchase the phone outright, so I can get the updates faster and not need to worry about the carriers to push them out.
    01-11-17 11:34 AM
    Oh I totally understand having to see how much cash one has to see if they can buy a phone outright. But hopefully TCL will work with carriers to give some type of deals for their phones.

But I know that I'll start saving up to purchase the phone outright, so I can get the updates faster and not need to worry about the carriers to push them out.
    $700 which probably ended up closer to $800 after taxes and accessories was an insane price to ask for the Priv at launch. Since Mercury is supposedly going to be mid-price I'm hoping for a $300-400 range but $400-500 seems to be more realistic (I remember Classic was $450). I plan to buy 1 out right and assuming that I love the phone and everything is up to expectations, I'll buy backups whenever they have a big sale.
    01-11-17 01:48 PM
    Doesn't ShopBB still offer the six month financing plan - PayPal credit?? I loved using that when I bought my Passport. Received my phone before I had to pay anything at all, and since I paid the entire balance in less than 6 months, I did not pay any finance charges.
    01-11-17 03:36 PM
    Doesn't ShopBB still offer the six month financing plan - PayPal credit?? I loved using that when I bought my Passport. Received my phone before I had to pay anything at all, and since I paid the entire balance in less than 6 months, I did not pay any finance charges.
    Well if they do, I'll at least look into that. 2017 goal is to lighten my debt.
    01-11-17 04:19 PM
    the issue with unlocked phones with T-Mo is that you don't get insurance coverage through their lost or damage program. With my Priv, whatever goes wrong with it, sans water damage, they just replace it with a new or refurbished one in less than 48 hours. Not the case with unlocked phones. support is also slim to none.
    02-26-17 09:00 PM
    I am pretty sure that any credit card can carry it.
    02-26-17 09:33 PM