I use a Classic as my daily driver and really am happy with it. The only reason I would "upgrade" is to be able to keep using WhatsApp. So if I was to wait until WhatsApp was no longer usable on my Classic, will the price of the KEYone likely go down by the end of the year? If the price will be the same then I might as well just pick one up now. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-17 08:39 PM
    Prices on BB10 phones were cut just to get rid of them. Other than a Black Friday special I don't think we'll see much discounting. There hasn't been much on the DTEKs to date.
    08-27-17 09:10 PM
    I use a Classic as my daily driver and really am happy with it. The only reason I would "upgrade" is to be able to keep using WhatsApp. So if I was to wait until WhatsApp was no longer usable on my Classic, will the price of the KEYone likely go down by the end of the year? If the price will be the same then I might as well just pick one up now. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Factors to consider. Of course the current KEYᵒⁿᵉ will drop in price but how soon will be determined by sales, or lack there of, and also if BBMobile introduces a new phone. If a price drop of $100 would make you decide to buy the phone 5 months from now you just might as well wait for another year!

Don't lose sight that they are still introducing this phone in several markets and they seem to have tight control on inventory. Not a good scenario for a rapid price drop.
    08-27-17 09:12 PM
    People are used to BB vastly over-producing phones and then slashing prices to try to move them. BB did that over and over, and lost tons of money in the process.

TCL is obviously NOT following that path. They are under-producing phones to maintain demand and keep the price up. There will be no excess inventory to close out at a discount.
    08-28-17 12:58 AM