I have this odd feeling that the phones going to be sold out on May 31st (At least in the US). And many of us will have to wait even longer to actually get the device. Anyone else getting a similar feeling?

I really hope thats not the case and hoping BB/TCL have the largest inventory for the US but I don't know why I'm getting antsy just thinking about May 31st. Might have to wake up early and start hitting that refresh button to make sure I'm one of the first ><
    05-18-17 07:26 PM
    Question is where we can get it the fastest?
    05-18-17 07:27 PM
    So far it's going like the Priv if not worst..so yea it's going to be a gong show most likely.
    05-18-17 07:30 PM
    My first choice is Amazon IF they're planning on selling the device and afterwards will be Blackberry Mobile website.
    05-18-17 07:35 PM
    I don't think it will be sold out, if it is BlackBerry or TCL didn't make enough.
    05-18-17 07:37 PM
    Was the Priv sold out? I had to wait till the phone was released for Verizon.
    05-18-17 07:37 PM
    I don't think it will be sold out, if it is BlackBerry or TCL didn't make enough.
    I hope so.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-18-17 07:38 PM
    I'm on the pre order list so I should get one.
    05-18-17 07:39 PM
    I'm on the pre order list so I should get one.
    Nice! I wonder why they're not doing the pre-order for the US release... that odd.
    05-18-17 07:43 PM
    I am waiting until the end of the month to see what happens. I hope it's available through Verizon. I'm enjoying this forum,.
    05-18-17 07:43 PM
    I am waiting until the end of the month to see what happens. I hope it's available through Verizon. I'm enjoying this forum,.
    It's only Sprint and T-Mobile going to sale it. Even my carrier qtt is not.
    05-18-17 07:48 PM
    I suspect extremely limited supply based on what we have seen so far.
    05-18-17 07:52 PM
    I agree, with no marketing there's isn't a lot of people who even know about it.
    05-18-17 08:38 PM
    And extremely limited demand.
    05-18-17 08:39 PM
    I honestly think this is purposeful from TCL. Most times in marketing this creates more demand. "I want it because I can't have it". Lack of supply of the only PKB on the market will create demand.
    Like Cuban cigars in the States. Very high demand for Cuban cigars among cigar smokers in USA. But in Canada where Cuban cigars are common it's not a big deal at all. People here like Honduras cigars just as much or better.

You may say people will just go elsewhere and buy a slab and that may be the case but remember this device is unique as in the only PKB on the market. Dozens of slabs to choose from but only one PKB device.
    05-18-17 08:51 PM
    And extremely limited demand.
    Please enlighten us...

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    05-18-17 08:52 PM
    Well they did say that you can buy it "beginning" May 31. What does that even mean? Is it going to be available May 31 or not? Where can you buy it? I wish they would give us a heads up, or maybe it's better for them to keep it a mystery that way only us who have the willingness to search through the internet all day for Keyone news will be lucky enough to buy one. It's like a treasure hunt.
    lionhearted likes this.
    05-18-17 08:52 PM
    Please enlighten us...

I want it. Everyone here wants it. But we all know that the overall demand will be very limited. I would be shocked if objective people think otherwise. Sure, I hope sales go through the roof. But ...
    05-18-17 08:58 PM
    The uniqueness of the phone and the quirkiness of the fans that are not in the target demographic draw me to this phone. I really do like that it's different and have never really flowed with the main stream. I'll take it if it's available soon but I will be happy with a Lg v20 or Kyocera Duraforce pro. They don't have PKB's but they are both unique in their own ways.
    05-18-17 09:01 PM
    I want it. Everyone here wants it. But we all know that the overall demand will be very limited. I would be shocked if objective people think otherwise. Sure, I hope sales go through the roof. But ...
    Yes it will be a tough battle. TCL is having to start from ground zero, but if they gain some traction and shelf space over the next few months then that might lead to at least getting the BlackBerry brand back into existence. Of course at this point 99.5% of the public are unaware of the KEYone, just as the DTEK's and the Priv and the Passport were non existent to consumers.

It's all in TCL's hands and after all of the complaining about the launch (here on CrackBerry) or whatever you want to call it, the general population is totally unaware of the tribulations wrought here. Hopefully TCL has deep pockets and get some marketing going over the summer into fall. Then we start waiting for KEYtwo...

05-18-17 09:44 PM
    Yes it will be a tough battle. TCL is having to start from ground zero, but if they gain some traction and shelf space over the next few months then that might lead to at least getting the BlackBerry brand back into existence. Of course at this point 99.5% of the public are unaware of the KEYone, just as the DTEK's and the Priv and the Passport were non existent to consumers.

It's all in TCL's hands and after all of the complaining about the launch (here on CrackBerry) or whatever you want to call it, the general population is totally unaware of the tribulations wrought here. Hopefully TCL has deep pockets and get some marketing going over the summer into fall. Then we start waiting for KEYtwo...

Yes for me I am frantic for the brand and design to be sustainable. I want to have better and more powerful pkb phones, so let's hope enough people buy it to maintain a rationale for continuing the BlackBerry line. I honestly am sort of shocked how people simply don't care that emails and messages are so error filled and contain so many wrong auto-correct words. And that's all from settling for vkb phones. I guess I'm am outlier but I cannot accept that garbage.
    05-18-17 10:04 PM
    It's only Sprint and T-Mobile going to sale it. Even my carrier qtt is not.
    When did T-Mobile say anything about carrying the device? The only announcements so far have been unlocked on may 31 and Sprint later in the summer.
    05-18-17 10:05 PM
    I share the same concern. I just checked Selfridges and they are still sold out weeks after the UK launch.
    05-18-17 11:19 PM
    Depends on your location. You might be that lucky person who manages to snag the single unit they allocated for your region.

They're probably ramping up right now to manufacture all 1500 units for North America. It'll be a whopping success since they'll sell out in a record 5+ hours.

But if you pre register, you'll be notified probably two weeks or a month after the device was actually available for sale. Then you can go back to wondering when it'll be available. Your best bet though is to check these forums since we're just a bunch of hacks with nothing to do all day except communicate with other people.
    05-18-17 11:47 PM
    After being at the launch event last night, some of the rumblings told me inventory may be scarce. I can't confirm this by any means, but I definitely know there weren't many UK units manufactured. Just be prepared haha.
    05-19-17 12:59 AM
26 12