Ever since I got my KEYone, I've only ever had to charge it overnight since the battery easily lasts through the day with power to spare.

Will this, in effect, prolong the life of the physical battery? I know that batteries only have a certain amount of useful charge cycles, so it stands to reason that the KEYone battery will outlast other devices like the PRIV or iPhone that need to be charged more than once per day.

Thoughts?
    Remrose likes this.
    06-30-17 07:40 AM
    Ever since I got my KEYone, I've only ever had to charge it overnight since the battery easily lasts through the day with power to spare.

Will this, in effect, prolong the life of the physical battery? I know that batteries only have a certain amount of useful charge cycles, so it stands to reason that the KEYone battery will outlast other devices like the PRIV or iPhone that need to be charged more than once per day.

Thoughts?
    Most likely accurate!
    06-30-17 07:44 AM
    I am not 100% sure but yes it should last longer due to less charge cycles. Nonetheless, I don't think there is an issue with keeping your battery topped up by charging it throughout the day long as you don't let it drain completely.
    06-30-17 07:45 AM
    Yep.

All things being equal fewer cycles means longer life.
    06-30-17 09:34 AM
    make it last even longer. don't use boost mode- less heat?
    06-30-17 09:36 AM
    make it last even longer. don't use boost mode- less heat?
    Like to know this also.
    06-30-17 09:53 AM
    Battery health is optimized by keeping the charge between 50 and 80%. Top ups are always preferred to complete cycles.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...hones-battery/
    06-30-17 10:10 AM
    Battery health is optimized by keeping the charge between 50 and 80%. Top ups are always preferred to complete cycles.

Interesting read.
    Thanks for the link.
    06-30-17 10:24 AM

Thanks for this. I have been charging mine only every other day waiting for it to get all the way to 0. I will definitely stop doing that now.
    06-30-17 10:37 AM
    thank for that link I was also letting it get to about 25% now I will top off at 50%
    06-30-17 10:42 AM
    Don't understand why people keep this charging overnight behavior, if it only takes an hour to fully charge the KEYone with its rapid 14W charger. I always recommend to NOT do this by any means regardless what they say about this not harming the battery. I have run a number of experiments and my conclusion is: charging overnight DOES damage the battery.

The battery on the KEYone is very efficient due to three simple reasons: 1. Its size, 2. The 625 processor, and 3. The screen size.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 10:50 AM
    Don't understand why people keep this charging overnight behavior, if it only takes an hour to fully charge the KEYone with its rapid 14W charger. I always recommend to NOT do this by any means regardless what they say about this not harming the battery. I have run a number of experiments and my conclusion is: charging overnight DOES damage the battery.

The battery on the KEYone is very efficient due to three simple reasons: 1. Its size, 2. The 625 processor, and 3. The screen size.

Posted via CB10
    Put your charger on a timer if you want. It's just that people don't have time to watch the phone charge for an hour before they need to get going every morning.

The charging systems are pretty good at cutting power anyway.
    06-30-17 11:55 AM
    Put your charger on a timer if you want. It's just that people don't have time to watch the phone charge for an hour before they need to get going every morning.

The charging systems are pretty good at cutting power anyway.
    That's exactly what I do. My timer goes from 6am to 7am. The KEYone wakes up at 90+%.
    06-30-17 11:57 AM