Wait, what? Blackberry has a corporate Communications Department?? What the heck do they do? I have never in my life seen a company so inept at corporate Communications. And that goes for all Communications. There must be a jerk in their Circle...
    We are talking about BlackBerry Mobile - not BlackBerry.
    08-22-17 10:34 PM
    I think if you read through carefully that piece bases the claim that KEYᵒⁿᵉ will get Oreo on some kind of a phone call with some representative of Blackberry which could have been the telephone operator or even the sweeper...
    Bla1ze said he has other corroborating evidence.
    08-22-17 10:35 PM
    Blackberry mobile has confirmed that the KeyOne will receive "O" .

That's crystal clear.
    08-22-17 11:40 PM
    There was a day, Blackberry confirmed enterprise customers that DTEK 50 / 60 will get Android 7. And? Sorry, but "confirmation" means nothing when it's made by Blackberry or TCL. I can continue with a dozen of "lost" promises given by Blackberry.....

PlayBook and OS10 (promised!), 10.3 and 10.4 in 2016 (promised!) Priv and Android 7, and so on and so on.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-23-17 12:13 AM
    There was a day, Blackberry confirmed enterprise customers that DTEK 50 / 60 will get Android 7. And? Sorry, but "confirmation" means nothing when it's made by Blackberry or TCL. I can continue with a dozen of "lost" promises given by Blackberry.....

PlayBook and OS10 (promised!), 10.3 and 10.4 in 2016 (promised!) Priv and Android 7, and so on and so on.
    You seem to be the only person in these forums with information about BlackBerry promising Android 7 for the Priv, DTEK50, and DTEK60. Please provide a link to those announcements, because I've never seen it.

The PlayBook not getting BB10 is well documented, and the CEO at the time made a clear statement and apology. BB10.3.3 and 10 3.4 got rolled into one update, and was delivered eventually, just late. So that's two. Please list the "dozen."

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-23-17 12:20 AM
    Hey BB10adopter,

no, I am not the only person, believe in me :-). There were enterprise events hold by Blackberry in Europe where they clearly said that DTEK 50 and 60 will get Android 7.
    When you opened a ticket with BlackBerry about issues with Android for Work on DTEK50 you often got the answer that that will bi fixed with the Android 7 rollout. a couple of months later they said "oh, aem, it is not confirmed that android 7 will come" . That changed on the day when DTEK50 / 60 went "back" to TCL Management (formerly they were sold by Blackberry Ltd.)

They promised to fix the AfW problem with Bluetooth in car (no dialer name display) - not fixed (for over a year now).

We are an enterprise customer, and believe in me or not, there are about 15 points on the list of broken "promises" .
    08-23-17 12:29 AM
    no update for KEYone guaranteed. it will be abandoned in 2 months when they realize how few they sold
    Don't we all look silly now
    deiop likes this.
    08-23-17 12:29 AM
    We are talking about BlackBerry Mobile - not BlackBerry.
    Do you have that comment in your personal dictionary yet?
    Bostil1987 likes this.
    08-23-17 12:33 AM
    Hey BB10adopter,

no, I am not the only person, believe in me :-). There were enterprise events hold by Blackberry in Europe where they clearly said that DTEK 50 and 60 will get Android 7.
    When you opened a ticket with BlackBerry about issues with Android for Work on DTEK50 you often got the answer that that will bi fixed with the Android 7 rollout. a couple of months later they said "oh, aem, it is not confirmed that android 7 will come" . That changed on the day when DTEK50 / 60 went "back" to TCL Management (formerly they were sold by Blackberry Ltd.)

They promised to fix the AfW problem with Bluetooth in car (no dialer name display) - not fixed (for over a year now).

We are an enterprise customer, and believe in me or not, there are about 15 points on the list of broken "promises" .
    Interesting. Was it your account rep who told you that, or tech support? I ask because, as far as I know, no executive has ever said that publicly.

08-23-17 12:57 AM
    Hey BB10adopter,

Wow, incredible. It is unbelievable how Chen is destroying the reputation of BlackBerry with lack of seriousness.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-17 12:58 AM
    Wow, incredible. It is unbelievable how Chen is destroying the reputation of BlackBerry with lack of seriousness.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you realize that John Chen, and the rest of BlackBerry management, have nothing to do with the decision about whether or not the KEYone receives Oreo.

BlackBerry Mobile, a division of TCL Corporation makes that decision. And, per a company spokesperson, has decided that the KEYone will receive Oreo. BlackBerry will perform the engineering work, but that work will be paid for by BlackBerry Mobile.

So, it's hard to see what Mr. Chen has to do with this thread at all.

08-23-17 01:24 AM
    I hope you realize that John Chen, and the rest of BlackBerry management, have nothing to do with the decision about whether or not the KEYone receives Oreo.

BlackBerry Mobile, a division of TCL Corporation makes that decision. And, per a company spokesperson, has decided that the KEYone will receive Oreo. BlackBerry will perform the engineering work, but that work will be paid for by BlackBerry Mobile.

So, it's hard to see what Mr. Chen has to do with this thread at all.

I think you misunderstood my post. I was referring to the BB Dteks and in particular to their first promised and updates and then to the lack of them.

I am aware about the KEYone decisions pending from Blackberry Mobile (TLC).

08-23-17 03:40 AM
    Mid grade devices are coming with nougat already. Lg is putting them out as well as well, htc, Samsung, Huawei and so forth. Metro pcs is giving two lg 320 32gb devices for free with 75$ a month unltd. Lte for new activations. Heck my wife's lg g2 stylus plus has nougat
    08-30-17 06:52 AM
    The collapse of the BlackBerry from the “crackberry” device that business executives and political leaders could not live without to an almost forgotten handset was highlighted on Friday when the company revealed it sold just 8.5m handsets last year – compared to*more than 50m four years ago.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-30-17 07:03 AM
64 123