As soon as we got that terrible bend test result, I see many current K1 holders and potential buyers are concerned about this phone.
    In my assumption this will reduce the demand for K1 which will lead to a certain price drop in the nearest future.
    Or am I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 03:29 PM
    They'll increase the price instead. Glue cost money. Lol.
    06-08-17 03:35 PM
    No, still the price is to high. No stero speakers,no 4Gb, just small things for a few bucks more and still asking 600 euro.

Posted via CB10
    DiegoV_G likes this.
    06-08-17 03:36 PM
    even if the jeryrig video was good...no one pays attention to that series any way.

apple has had issues before too...Samsung with their exploding batteries.

guess what - they still own their respective markets and the s8 already outsold the s7.

you know what the regular person sees when they see the key one? it looks old.

still love my keyboards and BlackBerry but I won't be surprised if TCL can't turn the brand around.
    06-08-17 03:40 PM
    Well maybe instead of the headphone, they will give to the customers some glue!! lol!!
    ilmizi likes this.
    When has BlackBerry ever responded to the market? They'll continue demanding premium prices while refusing to communicate with customers because they think this is 2006 and BlackBerry is all the rage.
    elfabio80 and werkregen like this.
    this video definitely confirms what I already felt anyway. the key one is overpriced.

loved how people thought you can get the same value as a $1000 phone with a $500 one as if the materials and components were identical loll

It won't impact sales though because Cb users like us are a small minority. The average consumer won't buy this anyway.

Probably still too expensive for Enterprise.
    06-08-17 03:42 PM
    even if the jeryrig video was good...no one pays attention to that series any way.

guess what - they still own their respective markets and the s8 already outsold the s7.

still love my keyboards and BlackBerry but I won't be surprised if TCL can't turn the brand around.
    There is a huge gap between iPhone, Samsung and BlackBerry. Those two have a STRONG demand on their products. BlackBerry is just struggling to survive with less than 1% (or 0.1%??) market share.
    So for BlackBerry brand this is a real issue.

Posted via CB10
    securityboy likes this.
    06-08-17 03:45 PM
    this video definitely confirms what I already felt anyway. the key one is overpriced.

loved how people thought you can get the same value as a $1000 phone with a $500 one as if the materials and components were identical loll

It won't impact sales though because Cb users like us are a small minority. The average consumer won't buy this anyway.

Probably still too expensive for Enterprise.
    There is almost 150k views on this video for less than a day it's published.
    This ain't about CB, this is mostly about YouTube.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 03:51 PM
    There is almost 150k views on this video for less than a day it's published.
    This ain't about CB, this is mostly about YouTube.

Posted via CB10
    That's probably 135k that weren't going to buy a BlackBerry anyway
    06-08-17 04:09 PM
    In my assumption this will reduce the demand for K1 which will lead to a certain price drop in the nearest future.
    The price of every electronic device trends downward. Nobody will be paying $549 for the K1 in December regardless of what is on YouTube.
    06-08-17 04:22 PM
    The average consumer isn't watching bend test videos lol. The device is solid, no need to sit there and bend your phone anyways. Never understood why a bend test is relevant in the first place.
    06-08-17 04:26 PM
    I can't find the video

Edit: never mind, just found it
    06-08-17 04:41 PM
    The average consumer isn't watching bend test videos lol. The device is solid, no need to sit there and bend your phone anyways. Never understood why a bend test is relevant in the first place.
    I agree it is an unusual test, basically for thrill viewers I'd guess, but it does high light the missing adhesive issue and that is a real concern. I mean, there's your proof there is no glue! So I'm glad to have seen it. I'm not buying until December anyway.

PS: I do want to know where TCL will be selling reconditioned/refurbished new KEYone's!!!!!
    Last edited by EndRacism; 06-08-17 at 05:45 PM.
    06-08-17 04:43 PM
    better buy it fast - I smell a recall- I see a bankruptcy. .... December there won't even be
    06-08-17 04:48 PM
    What a horrible video, just wow! The phone lasted like 16 seconds. I've seen so many of his videos and this Keyone is absolutely weak. I don't care about the scratching and all those things, but how incredibly fragile the body is. I've seen many posts about the screen popping out and this just confirms how weak this phone is. I mean not even a drop of glue, just wow! I cannot imagine having the phone in my pocket, or accidentally dropping it, the screen will simply pop out. I hope Blackberry will fix this issue in their next batches because I cannot imagine myself returning this phone every 2 months. I'm so glad I haven't purchased one yet. In fact I think it's a good thing how much they delayed the phone. That has saved so many of us
    06-08-17 04:56 PM

Other brands...issues they have or had. Qalways recrified with fans know that the following year the device will be better, and have something to look forward too.

BB history has been:

1. launch
    2. make money. Keep the device without refreshes for 2+ years till they become ancient.
    3. Lose money. Dump that product or project. Leaving those who spend 600+.
    4. Its difficult to trust or rely on anything that comes out of there.
    06-08-17 05:11 PM
    better buy it fast - I smell a recall- I see a bankruptcy. .... December there won't even be
    TCL will not go bankrupt - this is a sideshow in terms of their overall size.
    06-08-17 05:26 PM
    Won't they just fix the problem in future productions? No price change.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 05:35 PM
    TCL will not go bankrupt - this is a sideshow in terms of their overall size.
    It was a joke................
    cgk likes this.
    06-08-17 05:59 PM

Problem is Samsung and Apple isn't trying to make a comeback. The BlackBerry brand needs every new customer it can get.
    06-08-17 06:29 PM
    there's reports of a price break however dont expect the same thing

Last edited by Al moon; 06-08-17 at 07:11 PM.
    06-08-17 06:37 PM
    When I search "BlackBerry KeyOne" on YouTube, this video is the top result. And it has a quarter of a million views in just 9 hours - already more than the Mr. Mobile, Erica Griffin, Android Authority reviews, and most other review videos. This is BAD for publicity.
    phuoc likes this.
    06-08-17 07:08 PM
    People use their phones very often throughout the day. Since phone usage went up, phones started dropping so manufacturers made them more resilient. It's no longer the norm to act like a phone is made of glass.

Furthermore, some other dude mentioned in the locked thread that this has several implications besides bending the screen, such as condensation and dust getting under the screen.

So yeah, I think it's relevant that the KeyOne is built poorly relative to other phones and considering it's release price.
    06-08-17 07:18 PM