Any thoughts on this or should we look to get it from the UK somehow?
    04-20-17 12:36 PM
    I guess BlackBerry is more popular in Europe than Northern American market. Hopefully BlackBerry will find a retailer to buy keyone.
    04-20-17 12:50 PM
    04-20-17 12:55 PM
    Probably not :'(

But it shouldn't be too far behind.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-20-17 01:25 PM
    Not sure about the 5th (would be great if it was) but I'm guessing it'll be available sometime in May.
    04-20-17 03:13 PM
    Ask Kevin he probably knows
    04-20-17 03:39 PM
    Ask Kevin he probably knows
    He'll tell you if you ask personally
    04-20-17 03:49 PM
    I don't think kevin has any info. Kevin doesn't work for BlackBerry or TCL so he's also eagerly waiting for North America release.
    04-20-17 04:05 PM
    I don't think kevin has any info. Kevin doesn't work for BlackBerry or TCL so he's also eagerly waiting for North America release.
    Technically Kevin does work for them now since crackberry is endorsed and supported by BB/TCL. If I had to bet I'd say Kevin knows but obviously cannot say.
    TheBond and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    04-20-17 04:35 PM
    Technically Kevin does work for them now since crackberry is endorsed and supported by BB/TCL. If I had to bet I'd say Kevin knows but obviously cannot say.
    Kevin did not know about the keyone delay so I believe he has no clue.
    04-20-17 04:50 PM
    Kevin did not know about the keyone delay so I believe he has no clue.
    I'm sure he knew everything but he's under a NDA.
    Bennett Ragan and SaraVibes like this.
    04-20-17 05:11 PM
    Kevin knows. He's like one of those guys who worked behind the scenes in those Bourne movies. Don't underestimate his powers.
    04-20-17 05:16 PM
    I'm sure he knew everything but he's under a NDA.
    I think a non disclosure agreement for something like this would be silly. It's like, hey, we figured out how to reverse the aging process and cure cancer. Buuut we're under a NDA, so I can't tell you how.

IF Kevin knows, I don't see how telling us could possibly hurt. In fact, it should only help the cause and bring excitement. That's why I think Kevin doesn't know. Hell, BBMo probably doesn't even know.
    04-20-17 05:32 PM
    I think a non disclosure agreement for something like this would be silly. It's like, hey, we figured out how to reverse the aging process and cure cancer. Buuut we're under a NDA, so I can't tell you how.

IF Kevin knows, I don't see how telling us could possibly hurt. In fact, it should only help the cause and bring excitement. That's why I think Kevin doesn't know. Hell, BBMo probably doesn't even know.
    Perhaps he knows there are some quality issues and major flaws that BlackBerry and TCL are trying to fix otherwise and are unsure of the final date. Or perhaps the date is well past June and they don't want to discuss it.

Who knows they're also thinking of changing the chipset to make it more appealing.
    04-20-17 05:56 PM
    Crackberry Kevin knows all the facts about the KEYone including likely release date, reasons for delay etc. Of course he cannot talk to us about those things. So we have to be patient and maybe he will post some more tidbits about why he loves the KEYone so much.
    04-20-17 06:19 PM
    Probably not :'(

But it shouldn't be too far behind.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Unless AT&T has grabbed another exclusive and then Verizon will be 6 months later!
    04-20-17 08:53 PM
    I'm sure he knew everything but he's under NSA.
    Oh, gawd, not Kevin!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-20-17 08:56 PM
    Unless AT&T has grabbed another exclusive and then Verizon will be 6 months later!
    Well, I wouldn't mind that since I'm on AT&T, but I hope that's not the case for everyone else...
    FF22 likes this.
    04-20-17 08:57 PM
    Well, I wouldn't mind that since I'm on AT&T, but I hope that's not the case for everyone else...
    As long as it's also available unlocked via Amazon, BlackBerry Mobile and other channels at the same time then that should help to take the sting out of carrier exclusives. However, I wonder what TMO will do about WiFi calling and such?

Also any news on how it'll be handled in Canada as well? All carriers and unlocked at same time with no carrier exclusives?
    04-20-17 10:15 PM
    Also any news on how it'll be handled in Canada as well? All carriers and unlocked at same time with no carrier exclusives?
    Yes, that is consistent with other recent BlackBerry phones. The DTEK50 and 60 are still being sold unlocked by Staples Canada.
    04-20-17 11:15 PM
    However, I wonder what TMO will do about WiFi calling and such?
    You don't have to buy it from T-Mobile to get WiFi calling. I bought my unlocked Nexus 5X directly from Google, put my SIM card in, and everything worked right away. WiFi calling and visual voicemail were right there because it had the software preinstalled. I'm hoping the KEYone will offer that same experience.
    04-21-17 12:01 AM
    You don't have to buy it from T-Mobile to get WiFi calling. I bought my unlocked Nexus 5X directly from Google, put my SIM card in, and everything worked right away. WiFi calling and visual voicemail were right there because it had the software preinstalled. I'm hoping the KEYone will offer that same experience.
    WiFi calling didn't work on my Passport until I sideloaded the files. Part of buying the KEYone, for me, is no longer needed to mess with that stuff, so I'm hoping it works out of the box, as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 12:46 AM
    WiFi calling didn't work on my Passport until I sideloaded the files. Part of buying the KEYone, for me, is no longer needed to mess with that stuff, so I'm hoping it works out of the box, as well.
    Technically, I think you only needed to sideload the Wi-Fi Calling app, which allows you to set preferences: Wi-Fi Only, Wi-Fi Preferred and Cell Preferred. The actual software that makes Wi-Fi Calling work is in the OS and it needed T-Mobile to flip the switch to allow its usage on their network. After BlackBerry and T-Mobile made up, any BlackBerry BB10 device started getting Wi-Fi Calling.
    04-22-17 02:19 AM