Priv had a regular cable there was a thread back but can't find it.

Any of you VIP'S know so can get the accessory ASAP? I guess it needs a different connector now right?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 11:29 PM
    The phone will come with a usb c connector. The wall charger will connect to the phone, but whether it will be a QC2 or 3 is the question. The issue in the past has been cheap, non compliant charging cables that caused damage to devices. There have been good articles about proper cables and QC3 wall and car adaptors. Android Central had a number of good articles about it. I personally had great results with anker, and their cables with the Nexus 6P I used to own.
    03-10-17 02:28 AM
    Yeah I have one for my Priv but only 2 so since I have my keyone on preorder may as well get a charger for it if BlackBerry going to cheap out on that aspect

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 03:05 AM
    Is there a way to dis-and enable quick charging (like a switch on the quickcharge adapter)? I don't always want to quick charge it because it reduces the battery health faster than normal charging.
    So quick charge is only an option for me when I really need it fast

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    03-10-17 04:16 AM
    Is there a way to dis-and enable quick charging (like a switch on the quickcharge adapter)? I don't always want to quick charge it because it reduces the battery health faster than normal charging.

I believe there is, in the Mr Mobile hands on, it shows that when you plug in your phone it gives you an option of normal charge and boost mode. Which is pretty slick
    03-10-17 06:51 AM
    Yeah but without boost its still quick charge isn't it? I thought of the boost like its an additional power saving mode to accelerate charging speed

03-10-17 07:22 AM
    Yeah but without boost its still quick charge isn't it? I thought of the boost like its an additional power saving mode to accelerate charging speed

Well you could just use the crap regular charger near a quick charge one and swap as required

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 07:57 AM

This is a myth.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-11-17 10:20 PM
    How is this a myth? https://www.quora.com/Does-fast-char...e-battery-life

Faster charging, battery heats more up => faster reduction of battery health

03-12-17 06:16 AM
    How is this a myth? https://www.quora.com/Does-fast-char...e-battery-life

Faster charging, battery heats more up => faster reduction of battery health

You only need your phone to outlast 2-3 years anyway before most people upgrade, so whether true or not shouldn't be a big deal.
    03-12-17 07:31 AM
    You only need your phone to outlast 2-3 years anyway before most people upgrade, so whether true or not shouldn't be a big deal.
    Most people are stimulated by facts that lead to a negative/positive even if in reality it won't have an impact

It's perfectly understandable to want to preserve your new toy because at that moment it's controllable.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 09:52 AM
    03-12-17 10:01 AM
    I have a QC3.0 charger for my car. It glitches the car electronics when plugged in and the car is off but the phone is connected, which is a bit odd, but it's a rare combination of use factors that doesn't bother me much. Other than that it's the Jazz -- it'll charge my DTEK60 from near-zero to 50% in about 15 minutes, and to 75% in another 5-10. It slows down materially as the charge state goes up (beyond 80% rate-limiting gets you pretty hard) but that's expected.

Using it doesn't harm battery life; the phone knows how hot the battery is and limits charge current to what doesn't kill it. QC3.0 is capable of negotiating voltage and current over a much wider range than QC2.0, which is a three-step voltage selection only, and thus it can better match the supply voltage to the max rate the phone can handle without voltage-conversion heating effects (which are IN THE PHONE and thus heat the battery, limiting the charge rate.)

IMHO the improvement is incremental over QC2.0 but quite real and since there's near-zero premium on the cost of the chargers these days between the two there's no reason not to go with the 3.0 option.

This is the one I have in my car, with one port on a semi-permanent wire to my phone holder clipped on the airvent: https://www.amazon.com/Aukey-CC-T8-C...UvbUpU12801504
    03-12-17 12:45 PM