This is the way to do it. I bought my current Classic from amazon (free with my rewards points - hehe) and took it to the AT&T store to activate. Amazon currently has the KeyONE for $549.
    Since ATT no longers gives you anything to upgrade or helps you, yes I agree. This weekend my son wanted a new S8. Contacted ATT and said his line was eligible for upgrade. I asked how much and they said cash price of 849 or 29 per month. I asked about an upgrade price and not a new customer price, they said thats it. I said OK we would just have to look at moving our 4 lines, they said is there anything else I can help you with? They never even accessed my 20 year old account with them!

He went to Best Buy and bought it (Unlocked S8) for 679 and moved his sims card and he was up and running.
    07-30-17 07:24 AM
    I don't see it unless blackberry can produce high sales numbers plus the screen issue will also affect the possibility of AT&T caring the Keyone.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 09:29 AM
    I don't see it unless blackberry can produce high sales numbers plus the screen issue will also affect the possibility of AT&T caring the Keyone.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately I think both of these points will be a determining factor with regard to AT&T taking on the KEYone. I personally think AT&T would do well with sales if they carried it but this screen issue is such a freakin nightmare I highly doubt AT&T would offer it... why would they want to sell a device that is clearly flawed and TCL/BlackBerry Mobile haven't assured us they have definitely remedied the production issue with coming up with a fix to the screen issue. Even recently people are reporting their screens are popping out and this is supposedly after TCL/BlackBerry Mobile acknowledged the issue and said they were taking action to fix this... certainly doesn't appear to be the case based on recent posts.

It will be interesting to see what occurs with Sprint customers who purchase a KEYone and they have issues with the screen popping out. Will Sprint warranty replace the device or send it in for repair? Time will tell I guess...

I'm going to continue waiting and see how all this plays out before I purchase a KEYone... it is certainly like playing Russian roulette if one was to purchase a KEYone currently in my opinion.

Bob
    07-30-17 09:55 AM
    Since ATT no longers gives you anything to upgrade or helps you, yes I agree. This weekend my son wanted a new S8. Contacted ATT and said his line was eligible for upgrade. I asked how much and they said cash price of 849 or 29 per month. I asked about an upgrade price and not a new customer price, they said thats it. I said OK we would just have to look at moving our 4 lines, they said is there anything else I can help you with? They never even accessed my 20 year old account with them!

He went to Best Buy and bought it (Unlocked S8) for 679 and moved his sims card and he was up and running.
    I would like to point out two things, one the BestBuy price is a sale sponsored by Samsung. I called and ask the question. Two AT&T does not price match. Three, if you want better service ask for a supervisor then as a long term customer they will transfer you to special customer support. They can cut deals and get it done. Can be a pain but they will do what it takes.

Just my two cents.
    07-31-17 06:59 AM
    AT&T got burned on Priv in terms of sales and quality. my factory unlocked Priv I bought from Best Buy a few weeks ago has none of the problems the AT&T Privs had. no creaking or clicking. where do you think all those $150 Privs on Amazon and Ebay are coming from?

AT&T doesn't want to get burned again.
    07-31-17 07:55 AM
    I would like to point out two things, one the BestBuy price is a sale sponsored by Samsung. I called and ask the question. Two AT&T does not price match. Three, if you want better service ask for a supervisor then as a long term customer they will transfer you to special customer support. They can cut deals and get it done. Can be a pain but they will do what it takes.

Just my two cents.
    Ill try that next time! I'd like to point out several things: 1.) he never accessed my account, which is unusual, 2.) He was more interested in selling me Direct TV.

Finally, if they dont price match, then asking for "special customer support" would have been a waste of time.
    07-31-17 07:59 AM
    AT&T got burned on Priv in terms of sales and quality. my factory unlocked Priv I bought from Best Buy a few weeks ago has none of the problems the AT&T Privs had. no creaking or clicking. where do you think all those $150 Privs on Amazon and Ebay are coming from?

AT&T doesn't want to get burned again.
    Good point, my son a side from having an un locked phone, he did not have to suffer through a bunch of ATT installed software.
    07-31-17 08:01 AM
    Ill try that next time! I'd like to point out several things: 1.) he never accessed my account, which is unusual, 2.) He was more interested in selling me Direct TV.

Finally, if they dont price match, then asking for "special customer support" would have been a waste of time.
    Hey no worries, anytime I can help please feel free to contact me. I have a very large corporate account with them, from the very beginning of mobile communication. We BlackBerrians need to stick together.

Woof!
    07-31-17 09:24 AM
33 12