Went to 2 stores recently for other reasons and as usual, no Blackberry's anywhere?

Anyone think ATT will actually display or will they be special order?
    07-27-17 03:17 PM
    So far just Sprint and possibly T-Mobile is a rumor.
    anon(9803818) likes this.
    07-27-17 03:25 PM
    Put it this way.... Sprint went out of their way to say they were the FIRST U.S. carrier to have the device.. Verizon already has an 'approved' version, so that really only leaves T-Mobile and AT&T.
    07-27-17 03:25 PM
    Sprint also says they are "exclusive".

Now, whether that exclusiveness is through a deal, or only because all the other carriers up to now said "no thanks", I don't know.

Joel
    07-27-17 03:32 PM
    I also heard that Sprint is the exclusive carrier for the K1 here in the USA.

Usually that means there is either a 6 month or one year period that none of the other carriers can sell the K1 here.
    07-27-17 04:13 PM

Usually that means there is either a 6 month or one year period that none of the other carriers can sell the K1 here.
    Well if this is true, then everyone else will be the Gennie pigs and we will get units that are near perfect. in operation. While I like the future all black, not sure I want to wait 6 months to a year on a unit that appears already to behind other brands specs.
    07-27-17 04:21 PM
    Well if this is true, then everyone else will be the Gennie pigs and we will get units that are near perfect. in operation. While I like the future all black, not sure I want to wait 6 months to a year on a unit that appears already to behind other brands specs.
    I hope I am wrong and they get it, but basing this on what I have seen in the past.
    07-27-17 04:24 PM
    I hope I am wrong and they get it, but basing this on what I have seen in the past.
    More important, that they have it displayed and it is working!
    bakron1 likes this.
    07-27-17 04:27 PM
    AT&T made tons of money by selling BlackBerry devices in the past. Why would they stop now?
    07-27-17 05:56 PM
    AT&T made tons of money by selling BlackBerry devices in the past. Why would they stop now?
    True, but selling on line is different than having a kiosk in a store where you can feel, touch and operate.. Which they do not have now, at least the stores I went to.
    07-27-17 06:17 PM
    Years ago maybe, not recently. Took AT&T a long time to finally sell there Passports. I doubt they had any interest in stocking another BlackBerry phone. Easy enough for their customers to buy unlocked phones and AT&T does not have to carry any inventory. Also, dealing with a smaller company the TCL is probably not that easy.

Sprint really has nothing to lose selling the phone. Stuck in fourth place in the US market and fading they are desperate.
    stardotstar likes this.
    07-27-17 06:47 PM
    I wouldn't count on it but you never know. Even if they do it would be pointless. It will sit on the shelves just like the Passport and Priv did.
    07-27-17 06:50 PM
    I wouldn't count on it but you never know. Even if they do it would be pointless. It will sit on the shelves just like the Passport and Priv did.
    You mean the shelves in the back room...
    07-28-17 01:25 AM
    Yes. But why promote a phone that BlackBerry doesn't even promote?
    07-28-17 06:50 AM
    The Q10, Classic, Passport and PRIV all received adequate slots with the other lesser brands in both corporate AT&T stores here in Brandon, FL (Tampa metro). Problem is that both Tier 1 Android OEM and IOS products have the front half of both stores on both walls because they have promotional budgets that exceed BB revenue. They were doomed to failure no matter what. Their revenue was tied forever into BBOS and monthly carrier payments. BB10 or Android never did nor would do anything to replace that revenue.

AT&T was good corporate partner up to point that BB would listen and pay the requested promotional money.
    07-28-17 07:34 AM
    AT&T lost tons of money on the PRIV. That's probably why they are not selling the KEYone
    07-28-17 01:22 PM
    AT&T never had the PP in stores near me, which is probably why I never had one. I wanted to take it for a spin before committing to that form-factor. My AT&T Classic has been great, so no biggie.

They had to eat a lot of returned Privs, so I'm guessing that they are happy with their decision to hold off on the K1 for a while.
    07-28-17 02:38 PM
    Went to 2 stores recently for other reasons and as usual, no Blackberry's anywhere?

Anyone think ATT will actually display or will they be special order?
    And to think ATT and Rogers were the two biggest companies with exclusives on BB devices once upon a time!
    07-28-17 03:54 PM
    I love at&t and BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 07:57 PM
    Sprint also says they are "exclusive".

Now, whether that exclusiveness is through a deal, or only because all the other carriers up to now said "no thanks", I don't know.

Joel
    Where have they (as a company) ever stated exclusive? Not talking reps or in-store folks, but press releases, advertising material, social accounts. Have any of those ever said 'exclusive'?
    07-29-17 03:10 PM

If they do, sprint being first is like ordering more ice for your drink as the Titanic founders
    07-29-17 03:11 PM
    Where have they (as a company) ever stated exclusive?
    Never... not once anywhere. Just that Sprint was the "first" US carrier to carry the KEYone. I'm okay with AT&T being the second this time... 👍😁

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 07-29-17 at 06:05 PM.
    07-29-17 03:52 PM
    Where have they (as a company) ever stated exclusive? Not talking reps or in-store folks, but press releases, advertising material, social accounts. Have any of those ever said 'exclusive'?
    I never saw it, but someone on AT&T's own forum said they saw it, and then bakron1 above apparently heard it too?

Could have been just a misinterpretation of what was said.

But, you're right, the actual press release only says they are the first - and that's it. AT&T could have put the Keyone on sale two days later and Sprint's statement would have still been true.

Joel
    07-29-17 07:51 PM
    I just now spoke with an AT&T representative. He said that AT&T is currently negotiating with BlackBerry to "get" the KeyOne within 2 to 3 weeks. This guy works at a store in Texas.

He also told me that customers can purchase the KeyOne from retailers like Costco, Best Buy, and Walmart, and use it with the AT&T network. Current customers will be able to keep the same phone number even if they require a replacement SIM card.

Hopefully that helps!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-17 09:57 PM
    ...He also told me that customers can purchase the KeyOne from retailers like Costco, Best Buy, and Walmart, and use it with the AT&T network. Current customers will be able to keep the same phone number even if they require a replacement SIM card....
    This is the way to do it. I bought my current Classic from amazon (free with my rewards points - hehe) and took it to the AT&T store to activate. Amazon currently has the KeyONE for $549.
    07-30-17 06:45 AM
33 12