I thought it had been fixed. 5GHz does work now . . . although it does time out and then cannot reconnect without a reboot.
    In my books that's considered 'broken'.
    05-31-18 02:02 PM
    Ah, yes, but it's an improvement given that it wouldn't work at all before. :-)
    05-31-18 02:05 PM
    For curiosity do any of you have anything connected via bt like a smart watch or anything? I've been doing some testing and for some reason my gear s3 frontier has been causing my issues with wifi.
    05-31-18 02:05 PM
    Ah, yes, but it's an improvement given that it wouldn't work at all before. :-)
    I hear ya!
    05-31-18 02:07 PM
    For curiosity do any of you have anything connected via bt like a smart watch or anything? I've been doing some testing and for some reason my gear s3 frontier has been causing my issues with wifi.
    I do have a fitbit ionic. Hmmmmm.
    05-31-18 08:33 PM
    I think that is may be possible that if the watch can receive phone calls, that it would prevent them from going to the car. Without additional processing how would the phone know where to route calls? Watch/car??? I did tinker with mine a few weeks ago trying to separate out the functions since I really have no need to answer through my phone.
    05-31-18 08:49 PM
    I thought it had been fixed. 5GHz does work now . . . although it does time out and then cannot reconnect without a reboot.
    Same issue here...
    06-01-18 01:29 PM
    I just got AAY494 a few days ago and the 5g WiFi is still not working. I keep at 2.4 at home but at my parents today I couldn't use it. I think they only have 5. It's the only available on my list anyway. Parents have no problems. Just me and my awesome blackberry.
    06-03-18 09:23 PM
    Sorry for the delay, turns out my router at home security was set to WEP... The tech support for my TBayTel internet changed it to WPA and now no more dropped connection to the home wifi! Our router at work is set to WPA-2 and that was the difference to fix up my Blackberry! All is right in my world now!
    06-15-18 12:28 AM
    Sorry for the delay, turns out my router at home security was set to WEP... The tech support for my TBayTel internet changed it to WPA and now no more dropped connection to the home wifi! Our router at work is set to WPA-2 and that was the difference to fix up my Blackberry! All is right in my world now!
    So it works on WPA and WPA-2 for you? My home network is WPA-2 and mine doesn't work reliably on my 5Ghz, had to make a 2.4 for the phone to connect to.
    06-15-18 01:43 PM
    I'm on 2nd Key1 (broke my first one). I had this issue on both. waiting for oreo before I panic. I am optimistic for now but they gotta fix this.
    07-09-18 01:10 AM
    I'm on 2nd Key1 (broke my first one). I had this issue on both. waiting for oreo before I panic. I am optimistic for now but they gotta fix this.
    Some say that the reason Oreo is "delayed" is because this issue isn't fixed.
    07-09-18 01:30 AM
    Signed up just to add another "me too"... My home system is mostly Ubiquiti gear with a few different types of APs (UAP-AC-Pro, NanoHD, mesh point, AC-IW), a USG Pro & a windows DHCP server. My phone has a fixed IP reservation. It doesn't seem to matter which AP I'm connected to, though. I do have a BT Fitbit.. haven't tried turning that nor the phone's BT off yet.

After reading all these posts here (thanks for all the research, resets, trial & error folks!!), I'll just create a 2.4ghz profile for now and switch to that until the problem is resolved or I get another phone.
    08-09-18 02:00 PM
    I have read all the comment properly. Get the best ideas.
    11-13-18 04:41 AM
114 ... 345