I am using an original (silver) KEYone on the Rogers network and have been having an issue with 5G WiFi since the March 2018 security update was pushed on April 2. After a while when connected to a 5G wetwork, the WiFi stops delivering data although still connected. This can be temporarily remedied by cycling off and on WiFi but will fail again. The problem does not occur with a 2.4G connection or when downloading using cellular data. The problem is not the WiFi modem, as I replaced it yesterday believing the 5G antenna in the modem had failed, but the issue remains. A factory reset did not resolve the problem either. It must be a cause of the AAW377 patch as the issue began after the update. Does anyone have a permanent solution? If not, hopefully BlackBerry/TCL corrects it soon.
    Last edited by rlebkowski; 04-08-18 at 05:16 PM.
    04-08-18 12:38 AM
    I am using an original (silver) KEYone on the Rogers network and have been having an issue with 5g wifi since the March 2018 security update was pushed on April 2. After a while when connected to a 5g network, the wifi stops delivering data although still connected. This can be temporarily remedied by cycling off and on wifi but will fail again. The problem does not occur with a 2.4g connection or when downloading using cellular data. The problem is not the wifi modem, as I replaced it yesterday believing the 5g antenna in the modem had failed, but the issue remains. It must be a cause of the AAW377 patch as the issue began after the update. Does anyone have a permanent solution? If not, hopefully BlackBerry/TCL corrects it soon.
    I've been having this issue with my K1 well before the March security update.
    04-08-18 01:18 AM
    Yep, for me it has started with February security update. But March security update has made it much better, still far from "just working" .
    04-08-18 02:14 AM
    yup! I thought I was crazy but this was/is happening to me. I went into my router and changed the DNS server I was pushing to clients and that seemed to have fixed it for me for now. but maybe its a larger issue if you are seeing it too
    04-08-18 07:35 AM
    another thread has reported same and 2 ways to fix. factory rest or wait until April update am afraid
    04-08-18 10:00 AM
    another thread has reported same and 2 ways to fix. factory rest or wait until April update am afraid
    An update won't change anything.
    04-08-18 10:51 AM
    Woah!! I did my update I think Thursday night/friday night. I've been noticing since yesterday that my wifi on k1 shows a dead signal. Been doing the on/off, but I have disconnected from the 5g network and using the regular rogers Internet.

This is a bull. Hope long does everyone figure until a fix is issued?
    04-08-18 10:53 AM
    Woah!! I did my update I think Thursday night/friday night. I've been noticing since yesterday that my wifi on k1 shows a dead signal. Been doing the on/off, but I have disconnected from the 5g network and using the regular rogers Internet.

This is a bull. Hope long does everyone figure until a fix is issued?
    It's not a bug. There is no fix.

Do a factory reset and the problem is resolved.
    04-08-18 10:55 AM
    It's not a bug. There is no fix.

For real?! Mayne hate doing this

Side note: how often to people do FR?
    04-08-18 11:06 AM
    For real?! Mayne hate doing this

Side note: how often to people do FR?
    Some people do one after every OTA update to make sure everything is clean.

I've only done one in 11 months on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    04-08-18 11:09 AM
    An update won't change anything.
    So your saying the error from BBMobile, is something they won't be able to fix in the April security patch update and unless folks do a factory reset the problem will remain? If this is so why is there no statement from said company to assist their customers you have to ask?
    gqmovement and kbz1960 like this.
    04-08-18 11:22 AM
    But such a waste. Hate setting up the phone back. Find the b/u doesn't cover everything at times
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-08-18 11:25 AM
    So your saying the error from BBMobile, is something they won't be able to fix in the April security patch update and unless folks do a factory reset the problem will remain? If this is so why is there no statement from said company to assist their customers you have to ask?
    That's not really the explanation.

During any OTA/delta update, there is always a chance of something messing up. Obviously there was a delta issue with respect to WiFi, which affected SOME people (not me).

It's just one of those things.
    04-08-18 11:45 AM
    yup I get that, so why don't you think it will be better in the next update? surely the chances of something going wrong has the same chance of working next time? considering its not affecting everyone
    04-08-18 12:09 PM
    yup I get that, so why don't you think it will be better in the next update? surely the chances of something going wrong has the same chance of working next time? considering its not affecting everyone
    If a file is somehow corrupted, it's unlikely that a subsequent delta update will be able to compensate for that.
    04-08-18 12:40 PM
    got it, thanks
    04-08-18 12:56 PM
    Some people do one after every OTA update to make sure everything is clean.

I've only done one in 11 months on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Seriously? Than BB (software guru company) or BB Mob needs better backup and restore processes. Restoring Launcher arrangement is a full pain in the REAR. Similarly, resetting all kinds of other app settings and email settings and lockscreen and password settings is quite poor. Then there are all the files stored on the Internal Drive which will evaporate on a wipe/restore. It can take hours if not more to do a restore.
    04-08-18 12:59 PM
    Wow, I thought I was going crazy! Same issue with my Rogers BlackBerry connecting to my Rogers 5G WiFi network. Full signal, yet can't load any website or data.
    04-08-18 02:58 PM
    well here goes, it's 1437hrs in my province, let's see how long!
    04-08-18 03:37 PM
    Son of a *****! I've been experiencing this issue since the last few Ota updates. I tried everything except a factory reset. Guess I'm not the only one with this problem.
    04-08-18 04:52 PM
    I performed a factory reset last night and it did not resolve the issue.
    04-08-18 05:06 PM
    just finished and let's see what happens
    04-08-18 05:54 PM
    I have the same problem too since February update, along with 20-30 seconds late notifications (I have a samsung tablet and keyone recieves the same instagram/messenger notification about 20-30 seconds later than samsung)
    04-08-18 06:40 PM
    My Shaw 5G is working fine, and this update has eliminated multiple duplications of Canada, US, international client care, and taxi entries in contacts.
    04-08-18 11:24 PM
    Personally, I'd try network settings reset before factory reset but eh.. factory reset is the sure fix.
    04-09-18 10:47 AM
114 123 ...